Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 15, 2008
4:51:30 PM
View profile
Ubuntu Linux

I am running a laptop with Ubuntu ver. 8.04 and I am having trouble connecting to home network. The wireless connection when scanned is not being found.

Does anyone know if i have to run any scripts or configure anything else?

Thanks,

NetTeckGuy 

I am running a laptop with Ubuntu ver. 8.04 and I am having trouble connecting to home network. The wireless connection when scanned is not being found.

Does anyone know if i have to run any scripts or configure anything else?

Thanks,

NetTeckGuy 

Ubuntu Linux

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2008 6:48:26 PM
(0)
Professor
Does the connection work fine with other compters? Have you tried entering the information manually rather than searching?
Does the connection work fine with other compters? Have you tried entering the information manually rather than searching?

Re: Ubuntu Linux

2 of 3 (804 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2009 4:57:29 PM
(0)
Guru

I had exactly the same problem today: I am running a dual boot XP and Ubuntu 9.4 on my laptop. In the past this has been fine. But today I lost wireless contact on both Ubuntu and XP. I fianlly called Uverse and they restored the wireless address. But when I went back to Linux, after about an hour, I lost the connection...again both in Ubuntu and XP. (This is not a problem with my ethernet connected desktop where I am doing the same dual booting.)

I had exactly the same problem today: I am running a dual boot XP and Ubuntu 9.4 on my laptop. In the past this has been fine. But today I lost wireless contact on both Ubuntu and XP. I fianlly called Uverse and they restored the wireless address. But when I went back to Linux, after about an hour, I lost the connection...again both in Ubuntu and XP. (This is not a problem with my ethernet connected desktop where I am doing the same dual booting.)

Re: Ubuntu Linux

3 of 3 (804 Views)