Helpful Links

UVerse tech unable to setup service because Time Warner has outside cables "locked"

Tutor

UVerse tech unable to setup service because Time Warner has outside cables "locked"

New here and not sure if this is the right place for this, but if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

I signed up for UVerse TV and Internet (no phone service) and the tech came to install everything two days ago. He wasn't here very long though because he stated that the wires outside in our utility closet that go to our unit were "locked down" by my current provider Time Warner. I live in a condo, so all of the utilities are in this outside closet. The closet itself is not locked, but according to this UVerse tech the wires coming into my unit are. I want to have the install use all of my current wiring, so he stated I needed to call Time Warner, get them to come out and free up the wires so ATT could come in and use them.

I called Time Warner and they insist that they do not lockdown any wires and there is no reason for them to come out and that ATT should be able to use the current wires with no problem. Called back ATT and they insist they can't come back out until those cables are free to use.

So as you can see I am stuck in the middle here. I tend to believe what the ATT tech is telling me, because why would he not want to get my service hooked up so they can start taking my money every month?

Has anyone ever heard of or had the same problem? Any tips? I am dying to ditch Time Warner forever!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: UVerse tech unable to setup service because Time Warner has outside cables "locked"

Contact David and his tier 2 team here:
http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Provide all info required and it might take a short bit of time before they contact you. Give a good phone # and time to call. They will solve your install problems, good luck. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Re: UVerse tech unable to setup service because Time Warner has outside cables "locked"

I'll give that a try. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

They can cut through the BS about locked/not locked. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support