UVerse Customer Service-A+

Contributor

UVerse Customer Service-A+

I've had U-Verse for just a little more than a week and have had a couple of issues (no big deal-I always expect things in the first couple of weeks with a new technology) and have been VERY impressed with the response from AT&T.  They have always been very polite on the phone and been able to get service technicians out the next day.  Every time the techs came out, they were prompt, neatly dressed (you'd surprised how rare that is in my area), and very knowledgeable about how to fix my problems.  I can't get over how good they have been to work with.  Great job so far AT&T!!

David

Message 1 of 13 (672 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: UVerse Customer Service-A+

Thanks for a positive report.

Hope you continue to enjoy your service, and if you need help with anything, just ask (people here can often help you quicker than tech support). :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 13 (672 Views)
Mentor

Let me add another story.

Been using UV for two years and it is been pretty solid, I'm 1400' from the VRAD running the 32Mb profile and have 3HD 1SD

Yesterday morning (Saturday) my line went to hell, starting getting lots of correctable and uncorrectable errors. The RG was rebooting constantly. I called support and they scheduled a premise tech to come out between 4p-9p. The premise tech called at 4:30p and showed up at 5:00p. He checked the line and found that the errors where coming down stream so had to put a call in for an outside guy.

The outside line tech called me this morning (Sunday) at 8:00a and was at teh house at 9:00a. He checked and found that I had a bad pair going to the VRAD. He then found a new pair and restored service by 10:30a. He showed me all of his test stats, said he would monitor the line for another 45m to make sure there were no errors and gave me his business card and told me to call his mobile if I had any problems.

So I know a lot of people have problems with AT&T customer service but the 2-3 times I have had a problem they took care of it immedietly. Maybe it just the Ft Lauderdale area but I also give these guys an A+

Message 3 of 13 (672 Views)
ACE - Expert

That's great from both of you.  Just remember we see the gloom and doom here usually because this is a help forum and human nature is people only 'complain' when something is wrong.  It's good to hear the 'good' TS stories, but you may be accused of being ATT 'fanboys drinking from the kool-aid' from some of our biggest complainers. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13 (672 Views)
Expert

I'm glad you are happy with your service, and thanks for the positive post.

Welcome to Uverse.

Message 5 of 13 (672 Views)

Wow!  You must not be in Arkansas - particularly in Little Rock/North Little Rock area.  Around here - the name of the game now appears to be "techs point fingers at each other" - while every test run by call center tech or premtech, etc. shows that the lines suck.

My install was August 5.  I am AWARE of at least 7 tech visits.  My wife and I have had to do some major schedule juggling to be here for the prem tech visits (at least 5 in the last 6 days).  Stayed home today for a morning appointment - that never showed.  Somehow the ticket got lost in the system.

Had a Level 1 really upset me today.

My service still not working.

Fed up. 

I'm glad someone is satisfied with their service.  

Message 6 of 13 (672 Views)
Expert

Preacherman wrote:

Wow!  You must not be in Arkansas - particularly in Little Rock/North Little Rock area.  Around here - the name of the game now appears to be "techs point fingers at each other" - while every test run by call center tech or premtech, etc. shows that the lines suck.

My install was August 5.  I am AWARE of at least 7 tech visits.  My wife and I have had to do some major schedule juggling to be here for the prem tech visits (at least 5 in the last 6 days).  Stayed home today for a morning appointment - that never showed.  Somehow the ticket got lost in the system.

Had a Level 1 really upset me today.

My service still not working.

Fed up. 

I'm glad someone is satisfied with their service.  

Preacherman, have you tried contacting David.  I don't remember if you posted that you did or not.  If you haven't contact him using the hyper link in my sig,

Message 7 of 13 (672 Views)
ACE - Master

stonecrd wrote:

Let me add another story.

Been using UV for two years and it is been pretty solid, I'm 1400' from the VRAD running the 32Mb profile and have 3HD 1SD

Yesterday morning (Saturday) my line went to hell, starting getting lots of correctable and uncorrectable errors. The RG was rebooting constantly. I called support and they scheduled a premise tech to come out between 4p-9p. The premise tech called at 4:30p and showed up at 5:00p. He checked the line and found that the errors where coming down stream so had to put a call in for an outside guy.

The outside line tech called me this morning (Sunday) at 8:00a and was at teh house at 9:00a. He checked and found that I had a bad pair going to the VRAD. He then found a new pair and restored service by 10:30a. He showed me all of his test stats, said he would monitor the line for another 45m to make sure there were no errors and gave me his business card and told me to call his mobile if I had any problems.

So I know a lot of people have problems with AT&T customer service but the 2-3 times I have had a problem they took care of it immedietly. Maybe it just the Ft Lauderdale area but I also give these guys an A+

No, just like you.  I've had many more experiences like yours (good) than bad ones with UV.  Truthfully, even Comcast fixed what was broken too, but not as fast, not as reliably and not as easily.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 13 (672 Views)
Contributor

I'm a Uverse customer from Arkansas who is EXTREMELY unhappy.  I have already had everything except Uverse Internet removed from my home.  I am now helping my elderly parents deal with frozen TV screen, dead phones and frozen Internet. 

Last time I took vacation leave to stay at home and wait for the techs to show up, they sent a trainee.  Good lord.

Message 9 of 13 (672 Views)
Expert

Try this.  You should get the results you want once you contact David

http://utalk.att.com/t5/The-Lounge/my-contact-thread/m-p/142490#M26475

Message 10 of 13 (672 Views)
Tutor

I'm having the exact same problem here in San Diego but nobody showed up after 16 hrs of waiting!! (A trainee would've been okay with me).

I get no warning before the TV, Internet and phone all die. I spent an hour on the cell with ATT and they couldn't fix it. They all came back up on their own for the second time in two weeks! I don't know when it's going to happen again but it had better not be during football on Sunday!!

(It's kind of obvious who some people work for when they make 'kissie-face' posts)

Message 11 of 13 (385 Views)
Expert

Kissie-face posts?  With that attitude, you will lower your chances of getting any help on this forum.  We are not AT&T employees, not shills, fanboyz/girls; BUT we are seasoned customers who have UV services and you might be able to learn from the Regulars on here. :smileywink:  RCs recommendation to contact David is for cases that need special attention.  David is AT&T.
Now, perhaps you could start a new thread and explain exactly all that is going on, and we'll see if people here can help you figure out a solution.
For starters, in your new thread, download SomeJoe's UV Realtime program and post screenshots the IP/Profile, Bitloading, and Channels/Streams tabs.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

We'll be happy to help if you need assistance in uploading the screenshots.  SomeJoe's program can really pinpoint what is going on (better than TS). :smileywink:
All of your services should not be going down like that; something is definitely amiss!
Good luck.

nancysp wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem here in San Diego but nobody showed up after 16 hrs of waiting!! (A trainee would've been okay with me).

I get no warning before the TV, Internet and phone all die. I spent an hour on the cell with ATT and they couldn't fix it. They all came back up on their own for the second time in two weeks! I don't know when it's going to happen again but it had better not be during football on Sunday!!

(It's kind of obvious who some people work for when they make 'kissie-face' posts)

Message 12 of 13 (385 Views)
Expert

nancysp wrote:

What makes a post a "kissie-face post"?

Message 13 of 13 (385 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.