U-verse is the worst internet provider

Tutor

U-verse is the worst internet provider

hey ive had U-verse for a while now and its the worst connection ever, i never full bars ...i can have everything off in the house TV's, computers, and laptops, and still no full strength its always three bars or less. i can never play online games because i just lag out or the connection is just garbage. videos on YouTube take like 20min to load...and dont even get me started on how long it takes for me to watch a movie with this internet. just look at my speed test -_- 

Message 1 of 10 (2,661 Views)
Expert

Re: U-verse is the worst internet provider

Are you connected wired or wirelessly?  If wirelessly, what are you speed test wired?

Message 2 of 10 (2,641 Views)
Tutor

im connected wirelessly .....and i cant really do a wired test because i need a long Ethernet cable 

Message 3 of 10 (2,566 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

One very simple thing to have checked is your wireless channel signal strength from your RG. You can call Customer Service and have them remotely check your system. This would be a good idea anyway because you should not have these kinds of issues. Don't put up with it! Get it it fixed and be happy. That's what we are paying for.  Customer service: 800-288-2020   Hope they get you up and running. . . Faster! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10 (2,552 Views)
ACE - Guru

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10 (2,543 Views)
Expert

nemjet5 wrote:

im connected wirelessly .....and i cant really do a wired test because i need a long Ethernet cable 

You mentioned other computers and laptops in the house.  Are speed tests on those yielding the same results?

Message 6 of 10 (2,530 Views)
Mentor

You have other issues, your UP should NOT be better than your down.

Post your realtime screenshots from U Verse Realtime.

You either have bad wireless coverage, or bad wire.

U verse does suck for me also but I get my 24mb down and 3mb up, my problem is high latency which results in similar issues but my speed is great.

Message 7 of 10 (2,516 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

lantency is 1 thing that AT&T U-Verse cares nothing about. I had dsl for over 5 years no issues, now the same server test I have gone from 15 - 20 ms to 40 - 60 ms.  Most of the time the default gateway I am hooked to times out or is way over 600ms.

I won't even say how many times I have tried to talk to them about this.

I hate cable but that looks like my only option now since they will not give me dsl back!

Message 8 of 10 (2,454 Views)
Teacher

If you have a laptop, take it to wherever you RG is and try connecting it directly to the back of the RG. If your connection improves, its the wireless. The speeds you posted are so bad, this is probably not the problem, but when I first got Uverse, one of my computers was only getting a few Mbps (we susbscribed to 18 Mbps and the other computers were getting double digits). It turned out to be a driver issue. Even though the computer's USB ports were USB 2.0, the driver that got installed automatically apparently was treating them as USB 1.0. I downloaded and installed the proper USB 2.0 driver and my speeds went up to 12-15 Mbps just like all the other computers.

Message 9 of 10 (1,965 Views)
Contributor

I wonder how many people out there are having trouble with their U-Verse. My 411 channel always says temporally out of service. My computer/wireless speed sucks. I have Max and my speed is 5!!! 3.46 download and 1.4 for upload!! I have had att out here so many times and all they do is give me new equipment!! I'm still having problems. Can't wait for my year to end so I can cancel!!!!
Message 10 of 10 (1,527 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.