U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 21, 2010
3:25:27 PM
View profile
U-verse internet problem

Ok,well i have been with u-verse for about two years,and never had a problem with the service until a couple of weeks ago. my t.v would freeze,once every hour or two,and it will stay frozen for a couple of seconds,then it will be ok,or the picture will lag fof a little bit then come back to normal,but i didnt think nothing of it because i figured mabie it will go back to normal well it has not sinse.now i have a new problem my internet upload speed is really slow my download speed is ok at times,i went to test my speed at speedtest.net  i did about three to four test and sometimes the test would comeout great and in other times it comes out bad it will show on the upload speed. from 0.95 mbps then it will jump to 0.60 mbps now the download speed is not so bad it will jump to 5.80 mbps to 5.73 mbps but i can tell its slower on uploading speed because on my computer it will sometimes upload fast then sometimes it will go really slow i also have an xbox 360 where sometimes the online will work ok then other times it might lag really bad and even disconnect.i rebootted the gateway and when i do lag i do test my speed and when i do thats when the speedtest comes up bad now i never have had this problem before with my internet till now. and  my t.v still freezes can anyone help me????

Ok,well i have been with u-verse for about two years,and never had a problem with the service until a couple of weeks ago. my t.v would freeze,once every hour or two,and it will stay frozen for a couple of seconds,then it will be ok,or the picture will lag fof a little bit then come back to normal,but i didnt think nothing of it because i figured mabie it will go back to normal well it has not sinse.now i have a new problem my internet upload speed is really slow my download speed is ok at times,i went to test my speed at speedtest.net  i did about three to four test and sometimes the test would comeout great and in other times it comes out bad it will show on the upload speed. from 0.95 mbps then it will jump to 0.60 mbps now the download speed is not so bad it will jump to 5.80 mbps to 5.73 mbps but i can tell its slower on uploading speed because on my computer it will sometimes upload fast then sometimes it will go really slow i also have an xbox 360 where sometimes the online will work ok then other times it might lag really bad and even disconnect.i rebootted the gateway and when i do lag i do test my speed and when i do thats when the speedtest comes up bad now i never have had this problem before with my internet till now. and  my t.v still freezes can anyone help me????

U-verse internet problem

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 3:29:17 PM
(0)
Expert

Install SomeJoe's Uverse Realtime, and post screenshots of the IP/Profile, Bitloading, and Coax/HPNA tabs.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Install SomeJoe's Uverse Realtime, and post screenshots of the IP/Profile, Bitloading, and Coax/HPNA tabs.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Re: U-verse internet problem

2 of 10 (4,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 4:28:39 PM
(0)

2746i2E30D66D84C89A732744iA03824B79079172F2742iD4D4E712A6A0C57D

2746i2E30D66D84C89A732744iA03824B79079172F2742iD4D4E712A6A0C57D

here it is

3 of 10 (4,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 5:28:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Your screen shots will be approved by the mods in a little while.

Your screen shots will be approved by the mods in a little while.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: here it is

4 of 10 (4,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 7:22:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

Andrewp,

If you are getting slow internet speed, check your firewalls on your computer's software and uverse's firewall.  There is a general understanding that if your system has more than one active firewall, then your internet speed may be affected.  The uverse system has it's own firewall for the internet.  I have turned off my windows' firewall, and my Mcafee firewall and I immediately noticed a faster internet.  If you want to keep your computer's firewall on, there is a way to turn of uverse's firewall.

Hope this helps.

Vincentfam, no longer the hermit.

Andrewp,

If you are getting slow internet speed, check your firewalls on your computer's software and uverse's firewall.  There is a general understanding that if your system has more than one active firewall, then your internet speed may be affected.  The uverse system has it's own firewall for the internet.  I have turned off my windows' firewall, and my Mcafee firewall and I immediately noticed a faster internet.  If you want to keep your computer's firewall on, there is a way to turn of uverse's firewall.

Hope this helps.

Vincentfam, no longer the hermit.

5 of 10 (4,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 3:49:26 AM
(0)

ill try that but then what could be the problem of my tv freezes still

ill try that but then what could be the problem of my tv freezes still

6 of 10 (4,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 4:11:22 AM
(0)

and also i cant seem to find the way to turn off my firewall on the uverse system i went to the gateway its self but i dont know what to turn off

and also i cant seem to find the way to turn off my firewall on the uverse system i went to the gateway its self but i dont know what to turn off

7 of 10 (4,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 4:36:45 AM
(0)
Professor

I doubt you problem is firewall related. Wait for one of the experts to come along and read your line stats and then take it from there.

I doubt you problem is firewall related. Wait for one of the experts to come along and read your line stats and then take it from there.

8 of 10 (4,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 4:40:30 AM
(0)

thanks means alot

thanks means alot

9 of 10 (4,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2010 9:29:33 PM
(0)
Expert

You might be one of those very rare customers who is actually too close to the VRAD.

The upstream power level is near it's minimum, which means that the signal on the line may be getting distorted due to how close you are.  You may need an attenuator installed in your NID.

Call tech support, and tell them you're getting pixelation and freezes.  They will send a tech, tell him that you might be too close to the VRAD and need an attenuator.

If he's unable to fix the problem, post back here, we'll put you in contact with David & Matt's team, they'll get a senior tech scheduled to come out.

You might be one of those very rare customers who is actually too close to the VRAD.

The upstream power level is near it's minimum, which means that the signal on the line may be getting distorted due to how close you are.  You may need an attenuator installed in your NID.

Call tech support, and tell them you're getting pixelation and freezes.  They will send a tech, tell him that you might be too close to the VRAD and need an attenuator.

If he's unable to fix the problem, post back here, we'll put you in contact with David & Matt's team, they'll get a senior tech scheduled to come out.

10 of 10 (4,336 Views)