Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 13, 2011
3:15:03 PM
U-verse installation nightmare - are you ever going to get this right?
Edited by kccaseyca on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:51:35 PM

I am at the point where I think I will just cancel and either go back to DirecTV (who I had great service from for over a decade), or try Time Warner.

Issues:

1. Crappy Installation! - installer said he was running all new cable, but I found out after the fact that he re-used cables coming from the DirecTv dish, and left them dangling on the side of the house.

(I really wish I could get the photo I took to upload.)

2. Picture freezes up - have had 3 techs come to the house to research.  They keep pointing fingers saying someone else has to come out to do"that".  They NEVER follow up to let me know what is happening.

3. stb (dvr) loses connection all the time and needs to be reset.

4. Internet speeds are not what we were promised - especially the crappy upload speed.  I get better speeds sometimes on the 3G iphone.

Help!

Kevin

I am at the point where I think I will just cancel and either go back to DirecTV (who I had great service from for over a decade), or try Time Warner.

Issues:

1. Crappy Installation! - installer said he was running all new cable, but I found out after the fact that he re-used cables coming from the DirecTv dish, and left them dangling on the side of the house.

2. Picture freezes up - have had 3 techs come to the house to research.  They keep pointing fingers saying someone else has to come out to do"that".  They NEVER follow up to let me know what is happening.

4. Internet speeds are not what we were promised - especially the crappy upload speed.  I get better speeds sometimes on the 3G iphone.

Help!

Kevin

U-verse installation nightmare - are you ever going to get this right?

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 5:38:27 PM
(0)
Professor

kccaseyca wrote:

Issues:

Help!

Kevin

There's nothing wrong with Uverse, there's something wrong with the Uverse installers that you got. Have you called the 1-800-ATT-2020 number? When you do, write down the time you callede, the csr's name, your problems w/ Uverse, if after they send someone out to fix your problems, and they're stil not solved, get in touch with David.

kccaseyca wrote:

Issues:

Help!

Kevin

There's nothing wrong with Uverse, there's something wrong with the Uverse installers that you got. Have you called the 1-800-ATT-2020 number? When you do, write down the time you callede, the csr's name, your problems w/ Uverse, if after they send someone out to fix your problems, and they're stil not solved, get in touch with David.

Re: U-verse installation nightmare - are you ever going to get this right?

2 of 8 (992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

3 of 8 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 6:34:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the info.  They have sent two technicians out to "fix" the problem already, but they never tell me what (if anything) they have done...I just go online and see that the trouble ticket has been closed.

The last pair of techs who were out said there was an issue outside the house that they could only fix if it was in one spot...someone else had to come out if it was somewhere else.  And when I pointed out the crappy installation job the installer had done, they just replied "well, we can't do anything about that".

Thanks for the info.  They have sent two technicians out to "fix" the problem already, but they never tell me what (if anything) they have done...I just go online and see that the trouble ticket has been closed.

The last pair of techs who were out said there was an issue outside the house that they could only fix if it was in one spot...someone else had to come out if it was somewhere else.  And when I pointed out the crappy installation job the installer had done, they just replied "well, we can't do anything about that".

4 of 8 (980 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 7:37:05 PM
(0)
Professor

Kevin, also try this then post your stats

http://www.uvrealtime.com/

Download then post. Someone here may help you.

Kevin, also try this then post your stats

http://www.uvrealtime.com/

Download then post. Someone here may help you.

5 of 8 (969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 10:15:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

Funny, I had just read about that program on another site and installed it.

ATT had me on the 32200 / 5040 profile at first.  It worked great for about 6 days.  started to get some minor freezing and pixilation of hd video, they sent out a tech while I was at work.  The tech downgraded me to the 25310/2036 profile (didn't tell me, I found out by looking at my profile)....and then that's when things got worse.  Now it freezes up more than it was before.  Next two guys came out and said there was a problem outside the house...never heard back from them if they had fixed it, but they closed the trouble report.

Funny, I had just read about that program on another site and installed it.

ATT had me on the 32200 / 5040 profile at first.  It worked great for about 6 days.  started to get some minor freezing and pixilation of hd video, they sent out a tech while I was at work.  The tech downgraded me to the 25310/2036 profile (didn't tell me, I found out by looking at my profile)....and then that's when things got worse.  Now it freezes up more than it was before.  Next two guys came out and said there was a problem outside the house...never heard back from them if they had fixed it, but they closed the trouble report.

6 of 8 (949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 10:30:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Here's the lovely install job...(finally got the pictures to upload)

Now the sloppy DirecTV and some other old cables were already there...so I guess he just used those.

(I was out of town during the install or I would have had an absolute fit if I saw him do this)

)

Here's the lovely install job...(finally got the pictures to upload)

Now the sloppy DirecTV and some other old cables were already there...so I guess he just used those.

(I was out of town during the install or I would have had an absolute fit if I saw him do this)

)

7 of 8 (946 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2011 12:31:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The one screen shot you posted shows your service is set at the wrong profile aside from that installation.  Please post the rest of your stats so we can see if you are having all any other errors in your service.

The one screen shot you posted shows your service is set at the wrong profile aside from that installation.  Please post the rest of your stats so we can see if you are having all any other errors in your service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (911 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments