Helpful Links

U-verse Maintenance Update Deleted My Recordings - Again!

Contributor

U-verse Maintenance Update Deleted My Recordings - Again!

I just spoke to 3 support technicians tonight after my DVR would not come back on following tonight's maintenance/update. My screen displayed the big red X. After we'd already scheduled a technician it finally came back to life on its own. But... all my recordings are gone! This is the second time this has happened (once before in the first week when I had very little recorded and I wrote it off as a fluke). I confirmed tonight that there is no procedure for restoring lost recordings.

I find it amazing that you don't partition recordings on a separate portion of the disc drive... How hard can that be when most home PCs are setup that way?

I used to think Dish Network was bad, but this system continues to skip and freeze on play back and now this.

All the support people could do was tell me they were sorry. I'm sorry too, but at least I didn't have to sign a long-term contract.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: U-verse Maintenance Update Deleted My Recordings - Again!

Contact David and his tier 2 team here:
http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Provide all info required and it might take a short bit of time before they contact you.
They will solve your problems.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Thank you!

I was a little hot last night when they told me there was nothing that could be done. I'll get in touch with them.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

You're welcome, getting frustrated is no fun, but most of those lost programs will run again and you

can catch them then and they're still new to you (that old NBC line).  David and his team of tier 2 guys

will get to the bottom of this as it should not be happening.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

My recordings were deleted twice in less than two weeks!  First time last Sunday.   The second time was about a week later when I called tech support for help to see if I could recover my shows.  Instrad, the process they took my through deleted the new shows I had recorded since the first time it deleted my shows.

To rub in the irony, my AT&T cell phone dropped service twice during my tech support calls and nobody called me back (even though they had my number).  I don't trust this service anymore.  I am cancelling as soon as I can get Comcast out to my house.  Very disappointed.

Message 5 of 7
Expert

It is possible your dvr could be in the early stages of failure.  Since you have lost all of your recordings you should request a replacement.  IMO

Message 6 of 7
Scholar

See my new thread.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support