U-Verse modem password not working!

Contributor

U-Verse modem password not working!

i dont understand why i cant change the password on my new U-verse modem! not even the password on the sticker ON the modem is working! i have tried switching around the 5's and 6's (theres only 1 5 (or is it a 6?) ) on the system password (default) and it still wont work! how the heck am i sapposed to enable wireless if i cant even turn it on??

Somebody please help me with this it makes no sense, i have been trying the last 3 days now.

Message 1 of 11
Professor

Re: U-Verse modem password not working!

Try pressing the reset button on the back of the RG, after the RG reboots try entering the 10 digit default PW on the sticker again. If it still doesn't work you may have to call Tech Support.

Message 2 of 11
Mentor

If you re-set the RG as suggested above, will it also re-set the security settings and other earlier changed settings? Although I've not needed to get into the RGs menu recently, the last time I tried and entered the PW, it failed, so I'm trying to understand the system before I need to get back into the Config screen.

Message 3 of 11
Expert

Yes, pushing the reset button on the back will reset the RG to factory defaults, which will clear all configuration items.

Message 4 of 11
Professor

I don't think there are any other options available to reset just the default PW.

Message 5 of 11
Mentor

I had to change the security setting from WPA to WEP because I have a wireless internet radio which only recognizes WEP. I don't know of any way to use the radio and retain the WPA settings for my other devices.

Message 6 of 11
Contributor

oh yes forgot to mention that not even hitting the reset button works at all. i reset it multiple times and still no luck.

Message 7 of 11
Expert

Did you hold down the reset button for 15-20 secondd until the U-verse modem rebooted?

Message 8 of 11
Contributor

Yep, i held it down for over 60 seconds just to see if i could get it to work. Me and my cousin are out of idea's O_o   it doesnt make a lick of sense! lol

Message 9 of 11
Professor

Call Tech Support, maybe there's a problem with the RG and it needs to be replaced.

Message 10 of 11
Expert

Could be a refurb that never got properly reassigned?  Did you have any luck with TS?  They can do a password reset, usually the phone number you registered with.

Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support