Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 9, 2011
12:08:45 AM
View profile
U-Verse modem password not working!

i dont understand why i cant change the password on my new U-verse modem! not even the password on the sticker ON the modem is working! i have tried switching around the 5's and 6's (theres only 1 5 (or is it a 6?) ) on the system password (default) and it still wont work! how the heck am i sapposed to enable wireless if i cant even turn it on??

Somebody please help me with this it makes no sense, i have been trying the last 3 days now.

i dont understand why i cant change the password on my new U-verse modem! not even the password on the sticker ON the modem is working! i have tried switching around the 5's and 6's (theres only 1 5 (or is it a 6?) ) on the system password (default) and it still wont work! how the heck am i sapposed to enable wireless if i cant even turn it on??

Somebody please help me with this it makes no sense, i have been trying the last 3 days now.

U-Verse modem password not working!

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 6:03:41 AM
(0)
Professor

Try pressing the reset button on the back of the RG, after the RG reboots try entering the 10 digit default PW on the sticker again. If it still doesn't work you may have to call Tech Support.

Try pressing the reset button on the back of the RG, after the RG reboots try entering the 10 digit default PW on the sticker again. If it still doesn't work you may have to call Tech Support.

Re: U-Verse modem password not working!

2 of 11 (11,728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 7:15:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

If you re-set the RG as suggested above, will it also re-set the security settings and other earlier changed settings? Although I've not needed to get into the RGs menu recently, the last time I tried and entered the PW, it failed, so I'm trying to understand the system before I need to get back into the Config screen.

If you re-set the RG as suggested above, will it also re-set the security settings and other earlier changed settings? Although I've not needed to get into the RGs menu recently, the last time I tried and entered the PW, it failed, so I'm trying to understand the system before I need to get back into the Config screen.

3 of 11 (11,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 8:03:28 AM
(0)
Expert

Yes, pushing the reset button on the back will reset the RG to factory defaults, which will clear all configuration items.

Yes, pushing the reset button on the back will reset the RG to factory defaults, which will clear all configuration items.

4 of 11 (11,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 8:12:34 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by jfw on Jan 9, 2011 at 8:13:32 AM

I don't think there are any other options available to reset just the default PW.

I don't think there are any other options available to reset just the default PW.

[ Edited ]
5 of 11 (11,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 8:16:09 AM
(0)
Mentor

I had to change the security setting from WPA to WEP because I have a wireless internet radio which only recognizes WEP. I don't know of any way to use the radio and retain the WPA settings for my other devices.

I had to change the security setting from WPA to WEP because I have a wireless internet radio which only recognizes WEP. I don't know of any way to use the radio and retain the WPA settings for my other devices.

6 of 11 (11,686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 11:56:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

oh yes forgot to mention that not even hitting the reset button works at all. i reset it multiple times and still no luck.

oh yes forgot to mention that not even hitting the reset button works at all. i reset it multiple times and still no luck.

7 of 11 (11,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 12:53:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Jan 12, 2011 at 12:54:01 AM

Did you hold down the reset button for 15-20 secondd until the U-verse modem rebooted?

Did you hold down the reset button for 15-20 secondd until the U-verse modem rebooted?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
8 of 11 (11,570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 3:19:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yep, i held it down for over 60 seconds just to see if i could get it to work. Me and my cousin are out of idea's O_o   it doesnt make a lick of sense! lol

Yep, i held it down for over 60 seconds just to see if i could get it to work. Me and my cousin are out of idea's O_o   it doesnt make a lick of sense! lol

9 of 11 (11,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 5:27:32 AM
(0)
Professor

Call Tech Support, maybe there's a problem with the RG and it needs to be replaced.

Call Tech Support, maybe there's a problem with the RG and it needs to be replaced.

10 of 11 (11,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 2:15:11 AM
(0)
Expert

Could be a refurb that never got properly reassigned?  Did you have any luck with TS?  They can do a password reset, usually the phone number you registered with.

Could be a refurb that never got properly reassigned?  Did you have any luck with TS?  They can do a password reset, usually the phone number you registered with.

11 of 11 (9,396 Views)