U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.3.1.0, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Version 1.3.1.0 will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, 3600HGV, or i3812V) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 or 6.3.1.47 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Add initial support for iNID (2Wire i3812V router)
  • Display Line 1, Line 2, and Aggregate stats using pulldown menu in Configuration tab or using keyboard commands (0/A = Display Aggregate Stats, 1 = Display Line 1 Stats, 2 = Display Line 2 Stats, 5/S = Toggle to next stats display)
  • Remove 13/1 user profile indications and analysis -- this profile is used only for individual lines of a pair-bonded installation, not as a final user profile
  • Program settings are now migrated across versions
  • Program window position is now saved between launches
  • Reconnect interval changed to 30 seconds vice 10 seconds
  • Program no longer attempts to reconnect to the router when typing in the IP address field
  • Added code to clear hardware version and VRAD distance when router is disconnected
  • High contrast checkbox now changes highlighting immediately instead of at the next update interval
  • Added ability to submit channel to channel database directly from program
  • Added anonymous data collection to assist with analyzing data in order to improve program in future versions
  • Update to channel database 2010-08-08-2304-001, contains fixes for approximately 40 channels that recently changed their multicast IP address.

See the ReadMe file (Start -> Programs -> U-Verse Realtime -> ReadMe) for a detailed explanation of these features.

As always, please post here with any problems or questions.

Message 1 of 57 (1,983 Views)
Scholar

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

I'm a new customer (less than 2 weeks) and stumbled across your software the other day and its very informative. :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

I kept my Comcast internet but I can connect wirelessly to the RG to run the program. It appears you are trying to create a database from the captured data but I have no apparent way to transmit mine to you. If there were some way to save the data to a file I could do that and help build up your database.

Message 46 of 57 (1,246 Views)
Expert

Don_H wrote:

I'm a new customer (less than 2 weeks) and stumbled across your software the other day and its very informative. :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

I kept my Comcast internet but I can connect wirelessly to the RG to run the program. It appears you are trying to create a database from the captured data but I have no apparent way to transmit mine to you. If there were some way to save the data to a file I could do that and help build up your database.

Thanks, and welcome to U-Verse.

The program is only designed to report the line stats data over the Internet.  What you could do is to configure a computer to connect to both the RG and the Comcast Internet simultaneously.  You can do this by giving the computer two IP addresses, one on Comcast (with appropriate subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS), and the other with an IP address on the RG's network.

Then, run UVRT, and uncheck the "Automatic" checkbox next to the IP address and fill in the IP address of the RG.

In this configuration, UVRT will retrieve stats from the RG and transmit them to the database using your Comcast connection.

If you can't configure the computer like this, it's OK if the line stats don't get reported, as your configuration is rare.

Message 47 of 57 (1,246 Views)
Scholar

Okey Dokey.

Connected Cat5 from router to laptop, connected wireless to RG, ran RealTime, changed IP to 192.168.1.254, it appeared to download something (I think the guide DB) and everything appears to be OK.

It went thru "Gathering Statistics" probably 15 times so I assume the data got sent to your database.

One thing to mention.

The installer unpacked the RG, plugged it in to power and I never saw him change any settings so I assume I have the defaults from the factory.

Message 48 of 57 (1,246 Views)
Expert

Yep, a normal U-Verse installation requires nothing to be configured on the RG.  They just have to call and register it's serial number with the AT&T customer management system.

And yes, if you saw it download a new channel database, that means it had internet access.  The line stats would have been reported as soon as the first statistics gathering interval was completed.

Message 49 of 57 (1,246 Views)
ACE - Expert

SomeJoe, still only automatically finds 2 HD on the Ingress profile even though I'm 1 SD/ 3 HD on Wan and Ingress profiles.  Manually entering them on the config page fixes it, but wanted to let you know about this.  On Win7 hooked up by ethernet. :smileysurprised:

2265iA11A43AB4C830295

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 50 of 57 (1,246 Views)
Expert

My coax boxes don't show up on that tab all the time.

Ethernet ones stay listed, and keep their names that I give; but when I go to the MDC, the Ethernet boxes are back to MACs.

Message 51 of 57 (1,122 Views)
Expert

Ya, spd, I don't know exactly what's going on with your coax STBs.  I have a feeling that your RG might be such an early model that it doesn't bridge packets from coax to Ethernet all the time.

Chris,

There's no way for UVRT to detect your WAN, Ingress, and Egress profiles.  It infers the most likely settings using your line profile.  For a 32/5 profile, it's currently programmed to infer 1SD/3HD WAN, 2SD/2HD Ingress, and 1SD/2HD Egress.

Since we're in the middle of the rollout to 1SD/3HD Ingress, the inference from the line profile will be correct for some people and incorrect for others.  Once the rollout is finished and almost everyone has 1SD/3HD Ingress, I'll issue a new version that defaults to 1SD/3HD Ingress for 32/5 lines.

Message 52 of 57 (1,122 Views)
Expert

Spd has been a Uverse sub since it was dial up. :smileyvery-happy:  j/k

Message 53 of 57 (1,122 Views)
Expert

:smileytongue:

Actually true in a way, SBC before ATT/UV!  :smileyvery-happy:

And thanks, SJ, so my old 5/0 provisioning doesn't play into this? 

Message 54 of 57 (1,122 Views)
Expert

Ya, I don't think the 0HD/5SD has anything to do with it.  It feels like a hardware issue to me.

Message 55 of 57 (1,122 Views)
Expert

:smileysad:  And the one I have now is actually my 3rd.

Message 56 of 57 (1,122 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator

See the master thread: U-Verse Realtime Master Thread

Message 57 of 57 (1,122 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.