U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.3.1.0, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Version 1.3.1.0 will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, 3600HGV, or i3812V) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 or 6.3.1.47 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Add initial support for iNID (2Wire i3812V router)
  • Display Line 1, Line 2, and Aggregate stats using pulldown menu in Configuration tab or using keyboard commands (0/A = Display Aggregate Stats, 1 = Display Line 1 Stats, 2 = Display Line 2 Stats, 5/S = Toggle to next stats display)
  • Remove 13/1 user profile indications and analysis -- this profile is used only for individual lines of a pair-bonded installation, not as a final user profile
  • Program settings are now migrated across versions
  • Program window position is now saved between launches
  • Reconnect interval changed to 30 seconds vice 10 seconds
  • Program no longer attempts to reconnect to the router when typing in the IP address field
  • Added code to clear hardware version and VRAD distance when router is disconnected
  • High contrast checkbox now changes highlighting immediately instead of at the next update interval
  • Added ability to submit channel to channel database directly from program
  • Added anonymous data collection to assist with analyzing data in order to improve program in future versions
  • Update to channel database 2010-08-08-2304-001, contains fixes for approximately 40 channels that recently changed their multicast IP address.

See the ReadMe file (Start -> Programs -> U-Verse Realtime -> ReadMe) for a detailed explanation of these features.

As always, please post here with any problems or questions.

Message 1 of 57 (1,984 Views)
Expert

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

FTTP means you have Fiber To The Premises (i.e. fiber directly to the side of your house, terminated at an optical network terminal, an ONT).  If you have this, this is the way your neighborhood was wired.

You cannot change between FTTP and FTTN (Fiber to the Node).

At this time, FTTP customers are limited to 2HD channels.  The rumor is that this will be increased in the future, possible the near future.

Message 31 of 57 (1,234 Views)
Mentor

I am on pair bonding and the reccomended profile is the 25 meg profile, does this mean that I cannot get the 32 meg or does it mean I might get degraded service if I get it?

2111i99CDC4ACC45D46F3

Message 32 of 57 (1,234 Views)
Expert

spd2demun wrote:

Very good job!  Just got to use this on desktop today (have the old 2Wire on laptop).

FYI, the Recommended Profile is correct for me.

I like being able to see what channels others are watching, LOL!

You can also identify which stbs are which, also.

Message 33 of 57 (1,235 Views)
Expert

Mobutu wrote:

I am on pair bonding and the reccomended profile is the 25 meg profile, does this mean that I cannot get the 32 meg or does it mean I might get degraded service if I get it?

32/5 profile is not available with pair bonding as far as I know.  The maximum available profile is 25/2.

Message 34 of 57 (1,234 Views)
Mentor

Yeah, I understand that part, but if it WERE, would the line appear to support it?

Message 35 of 57 (1,234 Views)
Expert

I'll have to see the posted screenshot.  The moderator hasn't approved it yet so I can't see it.  Once it's approved, I'll tell you.

Message 36 of 57 (1,234 Views)
Expert

Mobutu wrote:

Yeah, I understand that part, but if it WERE, would the line appear to support it?

OK, I can now see your screen shot.

On the surface, it would appear that the 32/5 profile would theoretically be possible with a 58Mbps max rate.  But there's other factors.

To get the additional distance for the iNID, there's more to it than just the max rate.  Pair-bonding installations use a different VDSL frequency plan for each line, restricting the frequencies to those less than 3.75 MHz.  This increases the service distance.  But a drawback is that it moves all upstream bandwidth to a narrow range at the very low end of the spectrum.  Not much more than 1 Mbps of raw bandwidth can be transmitted upstream on each line in a pair-bonding installation.  Subtract out the bits reserved for error correction, and the maximum upstream aggregate bandwidth using both lines is only about 1.5 Mbps.

So while the line might appear to support 32 Mbps down, it would never handle 5 Mbps up without changing the VDSL frequency plan and allowing the profile to use frequencies up to about 5.1 MHz.  And there's no guarantee that those frequencies will work at the long service distances typical for pair bonding installations.

Message 37 of 57 (1,234 Views)
Mentor

Awesome, thanks for the explanation.

Message 38 of 57 (1,234 Views)
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-08-14-1838-001, 1070 channels.

• Add 38 national channels
  • Add 143 local channels

Message 39 of 57 (1,234 Views)
Contributor

Have you looked at a plot of max profile rate against distance from VRAD?  I'm interested in the distance at which "most" people roll over from the 25/2 to the 32/5 profile.  RealTime shows me 1600' but my line stats are not good enough to support 32/5.  However, if it turned out that 1600' was generally a good distance to have the 32/5 I'd have a stronger argument to have a tech come out again to check my line and maybe do something to improve it.  I had one out when i changed over to UVerse voice and asked him about line quality and he recommended sticking with 25/2 because the line couldn't support 32/5.  Realtime shows the same recommendation.  Bitloading graph doesn't show any sinusoid superimposed which your guide gives as a signature of a bridge tap (is it an obvious sinusoidal variation or is it subtle?).

Really would like 3HD/1SD ....

Message 40 of 57 (1,235 Views)
Expert

SkepticalScot wrote:

Have you looked at a plot of max profile rate against distance from VRAD?  I'm interested in the distance at which "most" people roll over from the 25/2 to the 32/5 profile.  RealTime shows me 1600' but my line stats are not good enough to support 32/5.  However, if it turned out that 1600' was generally a good distance to have the 32/5 I'd have a stronger argument to have a tech come out again to check my line and maybe do something to improve it.  I had one out when i changed over to UVerse voice and asked him about line quality and he recommended sticking with 25/2 because the line couldn't support 32/5.  Realtime shows the same recommendation.  Bitloading graph doesn't show any sinusoid superimposed which your guide gives as a signature of a bridge tap (is it an obvious sinusoidal variation or is it subtle?).

Ya, I've got enough people in the database now to do this kind of analysis.  It'll have to wait until the weekend, though, as I'm occupied most of this week.

What kind of pattern a bridge tap makes on the bitloading graph depends on the nature of the bridge tap wire:

• Generally, the pattern is a sinusoidal variation in the tops of the graph, but not always.
  • The number of oscillations in the sinusoid between two given points on the graph indicate the length of the tap wire.  Short tap wires have fewer oscillations, long tap wires have more.
  • The shape and amplitude of the sinusoids is related to how far back on your line the tap wire bridges from.  Tap wires that are farther away from your demarc point exhibit less sinusoidal variation and more overall attenuation.  Tap wires that are closer to your demarc point show large sinusoidal variations, and when they get really close, begin to turn into more of a horn shape, with a pointed bottom and flared top (see this bitloading graph for an example).

Message 41 of 57 (1,247 Views)
Expert

SJ, you need to let ATT buy you out, or hire you!  :smileywink:

Message 42 of 57 (1,246 Views)

here are the Dallas SD/HD Channels and their ip addresses

NBC - KXAS 5  = Channel 5 / 1005

SD IP 239.192.42.2

HP IP 239.192.42.19

ABC - WFAA = Channel 8 / 1008

SD IP 239.192.42.3

HD IP 239.192.42.18

CBS - KTVT = Channel 11 / 1011

SD IP 239.192.42.4

HD IP 239.192.42.20

KTXA 21 (CBS Sister Station in DFW) = 21 / 1021

SD IP 239.192.42.6

HD IP 239.192.42.23

You already have the Fox stations in you database.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 43 of 57 (1,246 Views)
Mentor

Not sure what happened to the 1.4.1 thread, but $25 donated here.  Thanks for a great piece of software and your help to the community!

Message 44 of 57 (1,246 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

wiltshp wrote:

Not sure what happened to the 1.4.1 thread, but $25 donated here.  Thanks for a great piece of software and your help to the community!

You're welcome, and thanks for your support!

The 1.4.1 thread was renamed to the U-Verse Master Thread, I'm going to try to keep all updates in that thread from now on so that I don't create a new thread for each version release.

Also, U-Verse Realtime now has a new home at www.uverserealtime.com.

Message 45 of 57 (1,246 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.