U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.3.1.0, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Version 1.3.1.0 will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, 3600HGV, or i3812V) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 or 6.3.1.47 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Add initial support for iNID (2Wire i3812V router)
  • Display Line 1, Line 2, and Aggregate stats using pulldown menu in Configuration tab or using keyboard commands (0/A = Display Aggregate Stats, 1 = Display Line 1 Stats, 2 = Display Line 2 Stats, 5/S = Toggle to next stats display)
  • Remove 13/1 user profile indications and analysis -- this profile is used only for individual lines of a pair-bonded installation, not as a final user profile
  • Program settings are now migrated across versions
  • Program window position is now saved between launches
  • Reconnect interval changed to 30 seconds vice 10 seconds
  • Program no longer attempts to reconnect to the router when typing in the IP address field
  • Added code to clear hardware version and VRAD distance when router is disconnected
  • High contrast checkbox now changes highlighting immediately instead of at the next update interval
  • Added ability to submit channel to channel database directly from program
  • Added anonymous data collection to assist with analyzing data in order to improve program in future versions
  • Update to channel database 2010-08-08-2304-001, contains fixes for approximately 40 channels that recently changed their multicast IP address.

See the ReadMe file (Start -> Programs -> U-Verse Realtime -> ReadMe) for a detailed explanation of these features.

As always, please post here with any problems or questions.

Message 1 of 57 (1,982 Views)
Tutor

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

I am not a FTTP customer.

Message 16 of 57 (1,356 Views)
Expert

OK, for an initial troubleshooting step, try this:

1. Install the program if not already installed.

2. Run it, it will crash and quit.

3. Open Computer Management, go to the Event Log, and look at the Application Event Log.  There should be an error as the most recent 1 or 2 entries that will be a .Net Framework 3.5 error.  Post the text of the error here.

This may not give me anything to work with because this is a release build, but if I give you a debug build it will contain more info.

I have to think that this is something specific to your setup, because you are the only two people who have reported this issue, and I currently have 177 unique sets of line stats in my database, which corresponds to 177 people who are successfully running the program.  So the task is to figure out what's different on your systems than the norm.

Message 17 of 57 (1,356 Views)
Tutor

Sorry but I am unable to send the error reports, because they will not fit in the 10,000 character limit.

Here is some of it:

Windows Error Reporting:

CLR20r3
  None
  u-verse realtime.exe
  4c5f8139
  System.Windows.Forms
  49cc5f77
  12f
  System.FormatException

C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE85D.tmp.version.txt
  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report02228a75

Message 18 of 57 (1,356 Views)
Expert

OK, cool.  "System.FormatException" is important.  It indicates that somewhere in the code I'm trying to do a text to numeric conversion that's failing.

Please e-mail me the remaining error messages and the reports.  I have sent you a PM with my e-mail address.

Please note that I have a prior committment tonight, so I may not be able to look at the error in depth until tomorrow, but thank you in advance for working with me to track down the error.

Message 19 of 57 (1,356 Views)
Mentor

Hi-I was receiving  "Outside IP address, Default Gateway, & Outside MAC address when I upgraded to realtime v1.4.  Now, all that info is gone.  Is this an issue that I should be concerned with?  I have a tech coming out in the morning and am just trying to figure out if there is anything that I should have him look at besides the issues I requested him for. 

Thanks,

Bob.

Message 20 of 57 (1,355 Views)
Expert

perritterd wrote:

Hi-I was receiving  "Outside IP address, Default Gateway, & Outside MAC address when I upgraded to realtime v1.4.  Now, all that info is gone.  Is this an issue that I should be concerned with?  I have a tech coming out in the morning and am just trying to figure out if there is anything that I should have him look at besides the issues I requested him for.

Check on the configuration tab and see if the "Hide personal info in screenshots" is checked.  If so, uncheck it to restore the display of those values.

Message 21 of 57 (1,470 Views)
Expert

sjbiii,

Please do the following:

Please pull up the following pages from your RG.  For each web page, do the following:

Internet Explorer
Click the "Page" pull-down in the top right, select Save, and save as type "Webpage, HTML only".

Firefox
Right-click in the page and select Save Page As, and save as type "Web Page, HTML only".

I need the following pages:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0
http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_0
http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_5_3
http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_0_0
http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_5

Once you have all the pages saved, zip them up into a .zip file and e-mail then to me.  I have sent you my e-mail address in a private message.

Also, please e-mail me the two files you referenced in your last message:

C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE85D.tmp.version.txt

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report02228a75

Message 22 of 57 (1,471 Views)
Expert

sjbiii,

I have reproduced your issue.  Will be issuing a fix probably this weekend, v1.4.0.1.

Message 23 of 57 (1,471 Views)
Tutor

What caused the problem?

Message 24 of 57 (1,471 Views)
Expert

The recommended profile for your line is "No Svc" because your max rate is too low.

I made a change in 1.4.0.0's highlighting of the recommended profile value.  In prior versions, if the profile wasn't exactly 32200/5040, 25208/2040, or 19192/2040, then the highlighing turned this value red.  But there are several people who have approximately this profile value but not exactly.  For these people, the highlighting should stay green, but was turned red by the former highlighting decision code.

In 1.4.0.0 I modified the highlighting decision code to keep the recommended profile value green if the actual profile rate was within 5% of the recommended profile rate.  To do this, I have to compute the 95% and 105% value.

This worked fine unless the recommended profile was "No Svc", which is a text value.  You can't compute 95% and 105% values with text, obviously, but I had not put in code to verify that the text field was parseable to an integer value before computing the 95%-105% range.  This caused the System.FormatException error in your case.

A simple If/Then to test the contents of the text field prior to computing the highlight decision solved the problem.

Message 25 of 57 (1,471 Views)
Tutor

Don't you just love programming. Thanks for the information. I hope that I helped.

Message 26 of 57 (1,466 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 has allowed me to capture approximately 300 unique RGs and their line stats into my database.  This is a large enough sample that some meaningful statistics can be analyzed.  Here's some premilinary results from this data.

Looking at all the different profiles in use, this is how they break down:

We can see that nearly 2/3rds of users are on 32/5, and another 1/4 are on 25/2.  Only 7.5% are actually on a 19/2 profile, which is good.

The 6.4% on "other" profiles is mostly people who have an ever-so-slightly different number (i.e. not 25208, but 25200 or 25192), and people on iNIDs and 3600HGV self-installs.

Analyzing the distances in the database shows the following:

More than 75% of people are at 2000' or less from the VRAD, and 90% are less than 2500'.  This corresponds nicely to the 7.5% who are on the 19/2 profile above, these are nearly the exact same group of people who are >2500' from the VRAD.

But one of the most interesting stats is people who are on the wrong profile.  These are people whose lines are either good enough to support a major step up in profile (either 19/2 to 25/2, or 25/2 to 32/5), or people whose lines are bad enough that their line won't support the profile that they're currently assigned.

Over 25% of people are actually on the wrong profile.

This is stunning.  In any large system, especially a cutting edge technical one such as this, people make mistakes.  But with proper training and execution, the error rate here should be well under 10%.  To get over 25% of the customers on an incorrect profile speaks volumes to inadequate training of on site technicians and inadequate oversight by tech support and management to detect and correct the problem.

Message 27 of 57 (1,466 Views)
Expert

Very good job!  Just got to use this on desktop today (have the old 2Wire on laptop).

FYI, the Recommended Profile is correct for me.

I like being able to see what channels others are watching, LOL!

Message 28 of 57 (1,466 Views)
Mentor

SomeJoe..... I think you missed the biggest anomolly of your data collection, or atleast you didn't comment on it..  Of the however many million users of uverse and this forum, you only have 300 unique ip addresses?!?!?!?!?  This program needs to get more publicity somehow.  I wonder if "High Speed Internet Access" is the right sub forum to have this thread going on.  Wonder if this could get moved into a more high profile sub forum.  I understand the 300 samples might be enough to do some of your analysis, however think of how many more people don't know they are on the wrong profile, etc.  Just boggles my mind.  It would drive me batty, not knowing that I didn't have the best possible profile for my particular situation. 

Message 29 of 57 (1,466 Views)
Contributor

How do you know if you are an FTTP customer? Can this be changed? My stuff does say FTTP and I have no idea what that really means. I would just like the ability to have three hd channels.

Message 30 of 57 (1,465 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.