U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.3.1.0, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Version 1.3.1.0 will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, 3600HGV, or i3812V) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 or 6.3.1.47 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Add initial support for iNID (2Wire i3812V router)
  • Display Line 1, Line 2, and Aggregate stats using pulldown menu in Configuration tab or using keyboard commands (0/A = Display Aggregate Stats, 1 = Display Line 1 Stats, 2 = Display Line 2 Stats, 5/S = Toggle to next stats display)
  • Remove 13/1 user profile indications and analysis -- this profile is used only for individual lines of a pair-bonded installation, not as a final user profile
  • Program settings are now migrated across versions
  • Program window position is now saved between launches
  • Reconnect interval changed to 30 seconds vice 10 seconds
  • Program no longer attempts to reconnect to the router when typing in the IP address field
  • Added code to clear hardware version and VRAD distance when router is disconnected
  • High contrast checkbox now changes highlighting immediately instead of at the next update interval
  • Added ability to submit channel to channel database directly from program
  • Added anonymous data collection to assist with analyzing data in order to improve program in future versions
  • Update to channel database 2010-08-08-2304-001, contains fixes for approximately 40 channels that recently changed their multicast IP address.

See the ReadMe file (Start -> Programs -> U-Verse Realtime -> ReadMe) for a detailed explanation of these features.

As always, please post here with any problems or questions.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 57
Tutor

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.4.0.0

Updated from v1.3.1.0 to v1.4 and now when I start the program, I get the message tha U-Verse Realtime has stopped working. I am using Windows Vista.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 57
Expert

Please do the following:

1. Uninstall the program.

2. Delete the folder C:\Program Files\U-Verse Realtime and any files inside it.

3. Reinstall the program.

See what happens after that.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 57
Tutor

Already tried the uninstall and delete directory steps. Long time windows user, so I always try those steps when something doesn't work.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 57
Expert

Does is give you any error message at all?  Do you see the windows form display before the crash occurs?

You may want to try removing your old preferences.  Uninstall the program, then delete the following folders:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Local Settings\_UVerseRealtime

Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\_UVerseRealtime

Then try to reinstall.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 57
Contributor

Does the same for me too, never had the program installed before... no error msg just a dialog box pops up "u-verse realtime has stopped working' and theres a button to close the program.  Windows Vista is my OS.

I have firmware version 6.1.9.24-enh.tm

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 57
Expert

k, I may have to have you guys run a debug build or something.  I'll look at the code when I get home tonight and make sure there's nothing odd going on.

If I can't find anything, I'll PM you.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 57
Mentor

Hello-is there a way to let my Linksys WRT-400N Dual Band router to have the RG access the computer so that I can start getting the Channels/Stream tab to populate?  I am having to use 192.168.1.254 address to get Realtime to see anything.

Thanks,

Bob.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 57
Expert

perritterd wrote:

Hello-is there a way to let my Linksys WRT-400N Dual Band router to have the RG access the computer so that I can start getting the Channels/Stream tab to populate?  I am having to use 192.168.1.254 address to get Realtime to see anything.

No, to get channels/streams to work, the computer must be connected to the RG's network with no intervening router.  The packets that UVRT needs to inspect are multicast packets, which will not cross a consumer router.

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 57
ACE - Guru

Somejoe here are the only channels that were not in the database for Chicagoland

239.192.7.160  CSN-HD

239.192.7.52    CSN-HD (ALT)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 10 of 57
Highlighted
Expert

Jeffster wrote:

Somejoe here are the only channels that were not in the database for Chicagoland

239.192.7.160  CSN-HD

I need the channel numbers on those, and your zip code.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 57
Expert

sjbiii and mgtyler,

Do either or both of you happen to be FTTP customers?

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 57
ACE - Guru

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

Jeffster wrote:

239.192.7.160  CSN-HD

I need the channel numbers on those, and your zip code.  Thanks.

ok sorry my bad

239.192.7.160  CSN-HD  1741

239.192.7.52    CSN-HD (ALT)  1742

Zip  60103

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 13 of 57
Expert

No prob, will get them entered.  It may be the weekend before I can issue another channel database, I'm kind of tied up this week.

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 57
Tutor

I don't mind helping to find the problem. Just tell me what to do.

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 57
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support