Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 1, 2010
5:33:27 PM
U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.3.0.0, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Version 1.3.0.0 will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, or 3600HGV) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Internal change to support different 2Wire router models
  • Now supports 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and 3600HGV routers
  • Fix block style of HPNA/Coax Out of Router data rate bar on Windows XP
  • Add support of 13/1 profile for internet-only installs using 3600HGV
  • Change DVR space warning to 15% free space remaining vice 10% -- DVR begins to auto-delete at 10% free
  • If profile rate is too high for the line, Bit Allocation Analysis now shows overcommitted bits instead of reserve bits = 0.
  • Reorganize About tab, program version and channel DB version is now more prominent.
  • Add WinPCap and PCap.Net licensing information to About tab and ReadMe file/documentation.
  • Update documentation reflecting that some wireless cards may work for streams/channels functionality.

As always, please post here with any problems or questions.

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.3.0.0, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Version 1.3.0.0 will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, or 3600HGV) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Internal change to support different 2Wire router models
  • Now supports 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and 3600HGV routers
  • Fix block style of HPNA/Coax Out of Router data rate bar on Windows XP
  • Add support of 13/1 profile for internet-only installs using 3600HGV
  • Change DVR space warning to 15% free space remaining vice 10% -- DVR begins to auto-delete at 10% free
  • If profile rate is too high for the line, Bit Allocation Analysis now shows overcommitted bits instead of reserve bits = 0.
  • Reorganize About tab, program version and channel DB version is now more prominent.
  • Add WinPCap and PCap.Net licensing information to About tab and ReadMe file/documentation.
  • Update documentation reflecting that some wireless cards may work for streams/channels functionality.

As always, please post here with any problems or questions.

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2010 5:50:05 PM
(0)
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-08-01-1856-001, 844 channels.

• Add Jacksonville, FL locals.

New channel database released, version 2010-08-01-1856-001, 844 channels.

• Add Jacksonville, FL locals.

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

2 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2010 6:18:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I just downloaded it.

I just downloaded it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2010 8:14:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

Nice program. I haven't used 1.3.1.0 yet, but 1.3.0.0 is very nice! :smileyvery-happy:

Nice program. I haven't used 1.3.1.0 yet, but 1.3.0.0 is very nice! :smileyvery-happy:

4 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2010 8:19:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When you open up that one the next time it will ask if you want to upgrade to 1.3.1.0 automatically, like I did. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

When you open up that one the next time it will ask if you want to upgrade to 1.3.1.0 automatically, like I did. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 9:46:41 AM
(0)
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-08-02-1142-001, 847 channels.

• Add channel 1454 - DIY Network HD
  • Add channel 1456 - Cooking Channel HD
  • Add channel 1492 - Halogen TV HD

New channel database released, version 2010-08-02-1142-001, 847 channels.

• Add channel 1454 - DIY Network HD
  • Add channel 1456 - Cooking Channel HD
  • Add channel 1492 - Halogen TV HD

6 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 7:24:28 PM
(0)
Mentor

Nice software.  Does anybody want to explain what all this data actually means?

7 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2010 8:52:19 PM
(0)
Expert

DunderMifflin wrote:

Have you tried the ReadMe file?  Start -> Programs -> U-Verse Realtime -> ReadMe.

DunderMifflin wrote:

Have you tried the ReadMe file?  Start -> Programs -> U-Verse Realtime -> ReadMe.

8 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 6:22:04 AM
(0)
Mentor
Are there really more than one brand/type of RG that they are using? Do these different models have features that other models do not?
Are there really more than one brand/type of RG that they are using? Do these different models have features that other models do not?

9 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 6:30:34 AM
(0)
Mentor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

DunderMifflin wrote:

I didn't see that file.  Thanks. 

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

DunderMifflin wrote:

I didn't see that file.  Thanks. 

10 of 25 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 7:24:04 AM
(0)
Expert

wiltshp wrote:

Yes.  The majority of the U-Verse installations that are TV/Internet/VOIP are using a 3800HGV-B.

For Internet-only self-installs, they are sending the customer a 2Wire 3600HGV.  The 3600 is basically the same box as the 3800, but is missing the coax/HPNA port and the VOIP ports.  It only has the Ethernet connections and the phone input on the back.

They are testing a new 3801HGV (the "black" RG).  It is basically similar to the 3800, but is black in color, uses HPNA v3.1 (PHY rates up to 320Mbps on coax and 140 Mbps on phone wire), and the VOIP port is wired a bit differently (single port with a dongle that breaks it out into 2 ports).

The iNID is also being deployed, this is a 3-piece kit of units.  The battery backup/power supply goes inside.  The outdoor unit that replaces the standard NID is the i3812V, which terminates VDSL, and has coax and phone wire interfaces.  The 3rd unit is the i38HG, which has the wireless access point and Ethernet connections, it goes inside, typically next to the battery backup.  The setup can support multipl i38HG units if required.

wiltshp wrote:

Yes.  The majority of the U-Verse installations that are TV/Internet/VOIP are using a 3800HGV-B.

For Internet-only self-installs, they are sending the customer a 2Wire 3600HGV.  The 3600 is basically the same box as the 3800, but is missing the coax/HPNA port and the VOIP ports.  It only has the Ethernet connections and the phone input on the back.

They are testing a new 3801HGV (the "black" RG).  It is basically similar to the 3800, but is black in color, uses HPNA v3.1 (PHY rates up to 320Mbps on coax and 140 Mbps on phone wire), and the VOIP port is wired a bit differently (single port with a dongle that breaks it out into 2 ports).

The iNID is also being deployed, this is a 3-piece kit of units.  The battery backup/power supply goes inside.  The outdoor unit that replaces the standard NID is the i3812V, which terminates VDSL, and has coax and phone wire interfaces.  The 3rd unit is the i38HG, which has the wireless access point and Ethernet connections, it goes inside, typically next to the battery backup.  The setup can support multipl i38HG units if required.

11 of 25 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 5:48:02 PM
(0)
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-08-03-1945-001, 877 channels.

• Add Orlando, FL locals.

New channel database released, version 2010-08-03-1945-001, 877 channels.

• Add Orlando, FL locals.

12 of 25 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 6:35:12 AM
(0)
Mentor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

So if you have a perfectly working 3800, would there be any benefit to upgrading to the 3801?  I guess I'm not sure what increasing the PHY rate would do.  Other than the PHY rate, it doesn't seem to be any big benefit.  I don't suppose the 3801 uses wireless N?

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

So if you have a perfectly working 3800, would there be any benefit to upgrading to the 3801?  I guess I'm not sure what increasing the PHY rate would do.  Other than the PHY rate, it doesn't seem to be any big benefit.  I don't suppose the 3801 uses wireless N?

13 of 25 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 7:07:35 AM
(0)
Expert

wiltshp wrote:

Unfortunately, the specs still say it's using wireless G, although supposedly it's now compatible with HyperG or SuperG for increased throughput.

The HPNA 3.1 is supposed to be more robust as well, so maybe it will be more tolerant of minor problems with coax wiring and terminations.

There is new firmware also (v6.3.1.47), not sure what all it does different.  This is the same firmware that's in the iNID.

wiltshp wrote:

Unfortunately, the specs still say it's using wireless G, although supposedly it's now compatible with HyperG or SuperG for increased throughput.

The HPNA 3.1 is supposed to be more robust as well, so maybe it will be more tolerant of minor problems with coax wiring and terminations.

There is new firmware also (v6.3.1.47), not sure what all it does different.  This is the same firmware that's in the iNID.

14 of 25 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2010 11:47:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

It's definitely much more stable -- even when there's a bunch of noise on the line.  I don't think AT&T has done much yet to get more mileage out of the silicon for HPNA, but I assume that's to come...

It's definitely much more stable -- even when there's a bunch of noise on the line.  I don't think AT&T has done much yet to get more mileage out of the silicon for HPNA, but I assume that's to come...

15 of 25 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2010 4:11:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Is it possible to tell if pair bonding has been rolled out in your area using the Reatilme app?  I talked to a tech who was working near my home and was told that pair bonding was already rolled out here.  It would be great if we ccould tell.

Is it possible to tell if pair bonding has been rolled out in your area using the Reatilme app?  I talked to a tech who was working near my home and was told that pair bonding was already rolled out here.  It would be great if we ccould tell.

16 of 25 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2010 4:18:29 PM
(0)
Expert

The current version of UVRT does not fully support pair-bonded installations.  It will run, but much of the information will not be presented properly.

You can tell if someone is on a pair-bonded installation with the current version of UVRT by looking at the Status line.  Pair bonded installations will say "Connected to 2Wire i38HG Router".

You cannot tell from looking at UVRT whether there are other pair-bonded installations in your area.

I am currently working on an update which will support pair-bonded installations.  I don't know how much stuff other than that I will be putting into this version, but supporting the iNID is a fairly major update, so I might bundle in several other features as well.

Reluctantly, I think I'm going to have to put anonymous data collection into the next version, because I don't currently know enough about pair-bonded installations to be able to tell what are "normal" parameters and what are "problem" parameters.  So I need to collect user data and look at them on a graph to make that determination.  I know many people are not happy with the privacy implications of a 3rd-party app that collects data, but I need it to make it work properly.

The data collected will simply be the line stats, nothing else.  It will use a randomly generated ID to ensure that each person's line stats are only submitted to the database once.

The current version of UVRT does not fully support pair-bonded installations.  It will run, but much of the information will not be presented properly.

You can tell if someone is on a pair-bonded installation with the current version of UVRT by looking at the Status line.  Pair bonded installations will say "Connected to 2Wire i38HG Router".

You cannot tell from looking at UVRT whether there are other pair-bonded installations in your area.

I am currently working on an update which will support pair-bonded installations.  I don't know how much stuff other than that I will be putting into this version, but supporting the iNID is a fairly major update, so I might bundle in several other features as well.

Reluctantly, I think I'm going to have to put anonymous data collection into the next version, because I don't currently know enough about pair-bonded installations to be able to tell what are "normal" parameters and what are "problem" parameters.  So I need to collect user data and look at them on a graph to make that determination.  I know many people are not happy with the privacy implications of a 3rd-party app that collects data, but I need it to make it work properly.

The data collected will simply be the line stats, nothing else.  It will use a randomly generated ID to ensure that each person's line stats are only submitted to the database once.

17 of 25 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2010 5:25:47 PM
(0)
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-08-06-1923-001, 891 channels.

• Add Salinas / Monterey, CA locals.

New channel database released, version 2010-08-06-1923-001, 891 channels.

• Add Salinas / Monterey, CA locals.

18 of 25 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2010 11:27:30 AM
(0)
Teacher

For everything you do to help us out in so many ways, I would be more than willing and happy to assist you in anyway with what info you might need.

FYI, I just had U-Verse installed, only internet, and they installed the full featured RG. I am glad to hear that they did install that one instead of the lower unit you described.

Since I am pretty new to having this, how do I update the FW you described?

BTW, thanks for the update to the Realtime 1.3.1.0!

For everything you do to help us out in so many ways, I would be more than willing and happy to assist you in anyway with what info you might need.

FYI, I just had U-Verse installed, only internet, and they installed the full featured RG. I am glad to hear that they did install that one instead of the lower unit you described.

Since I am pretty new to having this, how do I update the FW you described?

BTW, thanks for the update to the Realtime 1.3.1.0!

19 of 25 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2010 12:14:49 PM
(0)
Expert

If your RG is still running v5.x firmware, give it 2-3 days and it will automatically update to v6.x.  You'll be able to use UVRT after that.

If your RG is still running v5.x firmware, give it 2-3 days and it will automatically update to v6.x.  You'll be able to use UVRT after that.

20 of 25 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2010 4:11:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

I was able to use  the UVRT about 3 weeks ago when I 1st downloaded it? I will check what the FW is when I get home.

I was able to use  the UVRT about 3 weeks ago when I 1st downloaded it? I will check what the FW is when I get home.

21 of 25 (760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2010 5:29:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hi Joe,

For some reason, with my 3801, I get no information on STBs connected over Coax.  The screens are completely different -- not a big deal, but are you aware of this?

Matt

Hi Joe,

For some reason, with my 3801, I get no information on STBs connected over Coax.  The screens are completely different -- not a big deal, but are you aware of this?

Matt

22 of 25 (758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2010 5:59:05 PM
(0)
Expert

md_sanjose wrote:

Hi Joe,

Yes, apparently coax information is not being parsed correctly on the 3801HGV and i3812V routers.

Please follow the instructions in this post to gather some information from your 3801 and e-mail it to me.  I have sent you my e-mail address in a private message.

md_sanjose wrote:

Hi Joe,

Yes, apparently coax information is not being parsed correctly on the 3801HGV and i3812V routers.

Please follow the instructions in this post to gather some information from your 3801 and e-mail it to me.  I have sent you my e-mail address in a private message.

23 of 25 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2010 6:28:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

I didn't receive a private message, but the contents are no different that what I sent you the first time to get 3801 compatibility into the Realtime app.

I didn't receive a private message, but the contents are no different that what I sent you the first time to get 3801 compatibility into the Realtime app.

24 of 25 (736 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2010 7:56:58 PM
(0)
Expert

I resent the PM, check one more time.

If you would, could you send the HTML files again?  I've received several so I may not have yours easily accessible.  I'm currently on vacation and away from home, but when I get back I will be working on a new version of UVRT, and will incorporate any bug fixes like this that I can.

I resent the PM, check one more time.

If you would, could you send the HTML files again?  I've received several so I may not have yours easily accessible.  I'm currently on vacation and away from home, but when I get back I will be working on a new version of UVRT, and will incorporate any bug fixes like this that I can.

25 of 25 (724 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments