Helpful Links

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.3.0.0, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Version 1.3.0.0 will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, or 3600HGV) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Internal change to support different 2Wire router models
  • Now supports 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and 3600HGV routers
  • Fix block style of HPNA/Coax Out of Router data rate bar on Windows XP
  • Add support of 13/1 profile for internet-only installs using 3600HGV
  • Change DVR space warning to 15% free space remaining vice 10% -- DVR begins to auto-delete at 10% free
  • If profile rate is too high for the line, Bit Allocation Analysis now shows overcommitted bits instead of reserve bits = 0.
  • Reorganize About tab, program version and channel DB version is now more prominent.
  • Add WinPCap and PCap.Net licensing information to About tab and ReadMe file/documentation.
  • Update documentation reflecting that some wireless cards may work for streams/channels functionality.

As always, please post here with any problems or questions.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 25
Expert

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

Is it possible to tell if pair bonding has been rolled out in your area using the Reatilme app?  I talked to a tech who was working near my home and was told that pair bonding was already rolled out here.  It would be great if we ccould tell.

Tags (1)
Message 16 of 25
Expert

The current version of UVRT does not fully support pair-bonded installations.  It will run, but much of the information will not be presented properly.

You can tell if someone is on a pair-bonded installation with the current version of UVRT by looking at the Status line.  Pair bonded installations will say "Connected to 2Wire i38HG Router".

You cannot tell from looking at UVRT whether there are other pair-bonded installations in your area.

I am currently working on an update which will support pair-bonded installations.  I don't know how much stuff other than that I will be putting into this version, but supporting the iNID is a fairly major update, so I might bundle in several other features as well.

Reluctantly, I think I'm going to have to put anonymous data collection into the next version, because I don't currently know enough about pair-bonded installations to be able to tell what are "normal" parameters and what are "problem" parameters.  So I need to collect user data and look at them on a graph to make that determination.  I know many people are not happy with the privacy implications of a 3rd-party app that collects data, but I need it to make it work properly.

The data collected will simply be the line stats, nothing else.  It will use a randomly generated ID to ensure that each person's line stats are only submitted to the database once.

Tags (1)
Message 17 of 25
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-08-06-1923-001, 891 channels.

• Add Salinas / Monterey, CA locals.

Tags (1)
Message 18 of 25
Teacher

For everything you do to help us out in so many ways, I would be more than willing and happy to assist you in anyway with what info you might need.

FYI, I just had U-Verse installed, only internet, and they installed the full featured RG. I am glad to hear that they did install that one instead of the lower unit you described.

Since I am pretty new to having this, how do I update the FW you described?

BTW, thanks for the update to the Realtime 1.3.1.0!

Tags (1)
Message 19 of 25
Expert

If your RG is still running v5.x firmware, give it 2-3 days and it will automatically update to v6.x.  You'll be able to use UVRT after that.

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 25
Teacher

I was able to use  the UVRT about 3 weeks ago when I 1st downloaded it? I will check what the FW is when I get home.

Tags (1)
Message 21 of 25
Mentor

Hi Joe,

For some reason, with my 3801, I get no information on STBs connected over Coax.  The screens are completely different -- not a big deal, but are you aware of this?

Matt

Tags (1)
Message 22 of 25
Expert

md_sanjose wrote:

Hi Joe,

For some reason, with my 3801, I get no information on STBs connected over Coax.  The screens are completely different -- not a big deal, but are you aware of this?

Yes, apparently coax information is not being parsed correctly on the 3801HGV and i3812V routers.

Please follow the instructions in this post to gather some information from your 3801 and e-mail it to me.  I have sent you my e-mail address in a private message.

Tags (1)
Message 23 of 25
Mentor

I didn't receive a private message, but the contents are no different that what I sent you the first time to get 3801 compatibility into the Realtime app.

Tags (1)
Message 24 of 25
Highlighted
Expert

I resent the PM, check one more time.

If you would, could you send the HTML files again?  I've received several so I may not have yours easily accessible.  I'm currently on vacation and away from home, but when I get back I will be working on a new version of UVRT, and will incorporate any bug fixes like this that I can.

Tags (1)
Message 25 of 25
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support