Helpful Links

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.3.0.0, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Version 1.3.0.0 will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, or 3600HGV) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Internal change to support different 2Wire router models
  • Now supports 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV, and 3600HGV routers
  • Fix block style of HPNA/Coax Out of Router data rate bar on Windows XP
  • Add support of 13/1 profile for internet-only installs using 3600HGV
  • Change DVR space warning to 15% free space remaining vice 10% -- DVR begins to auto-delete at 10% free
  • If profile rate is too high for the line, Bit Allocation Analysis now shows overcommitted bits instead of reserve bits = 0.
  • Reorganize About tab, program version and channel DB version is now more prominent.
  • Add WinPCap and PCap.Net licensing information to About tab and ReadMe file/documentation.
  • Update documentation reflecting that some wireless cards may work for streams/channels functionality.

As always, please post here with any problems or questions.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 25
Expert

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.3.1.0

New channel database released, version 2010-08-01-1856-001, 844 channels.

• Add Jacksonville, FL locals.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 25
Expert

I just downloaded it.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 25
Mentor

Nice program. I haven't used 1.3.1.0 yet, but 1.3.0.0 is very nice! :smileyvery-happy:

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 25
ACE - Expert

When you open up that one the next time it will ask if you want to upgrade to 1.3.1.0 automatically, like I did. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 25
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-08-02-1142-001, 847 channels.

• Add channel 1454 - DIY Network HD
  • Add channel 1456 - Cooking Channel HD
  • Add channel 1492 - Halogen TV HD

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 25

Nice software.  Does anybody want to explain what all this data actually means?

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 25
Expert

DunderMifflin wrote:

Have you tried the ReadMe file?  Start -> Programs -> U-Verse Realtime -> ReadMe.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 25
Mentor

Are there really more than one brand/type of RG that they are using? Do these different models have features that other models do not?
Tags (1)
Message 9 of 25

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

DunderMifflin wrote:

Have you tried the ReadMe file?  Start -> Programs -> U-Verse Realtime -> ReadMe.

I didn't see that file.  Thanks. 

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 25
Expert

wiltshp wrote:
Are there really more than one brand/type of RG that they are using? Do these different models have features that other models do not?

Yes.  The majority of the U-Verse installations that are TV/Internet/VOIP are using a 3800HGV-B.

For Internet-only self-installs, they are sending the customer a 2Wire 3600HGV.  The 3600 is basically the same box as the 3800, but is missing the coax/HPNA port and the VOIP ports.  It only has the Ethernet connections and the phone input on the back.

They are testing a new 3801HGV (the "black" RG).  It is basically similar to the 3800, but is black in color, uses HPNA v3.1 (PHY rates up to 320Mbps on coax and 140 Mbps on phone wire), and the VOIP port is wired a bit differently (single port with a dongle that breaks it out into 2 ports).

The iNID is also being deployed, this is a 3-piece kit of units.  The battery backup/power supply goes inside.  The outdoor unit that replaces the standard NID is the i3812V, which terminates VDSL, and has coax and phone wire interfaces.  The 3rd unit is the i38HG, which has the wireless access point and Ethernet connections, it goes inside, typically next to the battery backup.  The setup can support multipl i38HG units if required.

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 25
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-08-03-1945-001, 877 channels.

• Add Orlando, FL locals.

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 25
Highlighted
Mentor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

They are testing a new 3801HGV (the "black" RG).  It is basically similar to the 3800, but is black in color, uses HPNA v3.1 (PHY rates up to 320Mbps on coax and 140 Mbps on phone wire), and the VOIP port is wired a bit differently (single port with a dongle that breaks it out into 2 ports).

So if you have a perfectly working 3800, would there be any benefit to upgrading to the 3801?  I guess I'm not sure what increasing the PHY rate would do.  Other than the PHY rate, it doesn't seem to be any big benefit.  I don't suppose the 3801 uses wireless N?

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 25
Expert

wiltshp wrote:

So if you have a perfectly working 3800, would there be any benefit to upgrading to the 3801?  I guess I'm not sure what increasing the PHY rate would do.  Other than the PHY rate, it doesn't seem to be any big benefit.  I don't suppose the 3801 uses wireless N?

Unfortunately, the specs still say it's using wireless G, although supposedly it's now compatible with HyperG or SuperG for increased throughput.

The HPNA 3.1 is supposed to be more robust as well, so maybe it will be more tolerant of minor problems with coax wiring and terminations.

There is new firmware also (v6.3.1.47), not sure what all it does different.  This is the same firmware that's in the iNID.

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 25
Mentor

It's definitely much more stable -- even when there's a bunch of noise on the line.  I don't think AT&T has done much yet to get more mileage out of the silicon for HPNA, but I assume that's to come...

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 25
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support