U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0

Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.2.x.x, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Those versions will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

A significant improvement in this version is the elimination of the requirement to be directly connected to the RG.  Also, the large amount of IPTV traffic that was generated to the computer running U-Verse Realtime is no longer present.

Fixes and New Features

• Change STB detection method to use SSDP packets vice IGMP
  • Remove IGMP query packet generation
  • Eliminate requirement to be directly-connected to the RG
  • Eliminate large bandwidth usage to computer running UVRT
  • Streams Analysis now tracks WAN streams, DVR Ingress streams, and DVR Egress streams
  • STBs and Channels now tracks which streams are being watched and recorded
  • STBs and Channels now tracks separately if a STB is watching VOD or Recorded TV separately from "Off"
  • Decoupled stream gathering thread from STB Channels information display thread to remove multithreading bug
  • STBs and Channels now updates more quickly, reflecting stream changes in less than 5 seconds
  • Improve accuracy of time left for recording on DVR for both HD and SD
  • Add profile override for WAN, DVR Ingress, and DVR Egress
  • Update channel database, Chicago locals now included, fix QVC & HSN channel numbers
  • Fix crash when selecting an invalid NIC, add user-friendly error message
  • Fix date/time not locked onto Windows form when window resized
  • Add renaming of STBs on Coax/HPNA tab
  • Remove warning dialog box before enabling STB Channels/Streams gathering, no longer required
  • Remember selected tab on program startup
  • Add better graceful shutdown code for background threads
  • Tweak highlighting colors
  • Update main documentation (ReadMe) with new features and screenshots
  • Update technical documentation with contents of U-Verse pseudo-SSDP packets

A peek at the new STB Channels/Streams screen:

As always, please post here with comments or bugs.

Message 1 of 72 (1,107 Views)
Expert

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0

Electron,

You are too far from the VRAD for the 25/2 profile.  You need to have your profile reduced to 19/2 for proper line operation.

The lack of upper frequencies on the bitloading graph is due to your distance.  The attenuation is too high for those frequencies to be useful.

Message 46 of 72 (561 Views)
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-07-27-2004-001, 800 channels.

• Add Greenville, SC locals (SD only)
  • Add Hartford, CT locals
  • Add Los Angeles, CA locals
  • Add Miami, FL locals

Message 47 of 72 (561 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Joe,

I have had U-verse for almost 2 years. now and for the most part really like it up until a few months ago.  I am getting constant locks and the screen freezes up to 30 seconds at times and only between 8:00 and 9:30pm!! Now the weird thing is , is that it only freezes on the set that has the dvr hooked to it. I have two other set top boxes and they never lock up !!  If they do it's very , very minimal and can't remember the last time I've seen it.  Also my internet is terrible.  Once connected it's OK but I'm paying for the Max and my speed is very poor. Tech support doesn't know what to do with the speed so I'm sorta on my own.  If I put the cpu into a sleep mode until I use it the following day I have to pull the USB plug to the 2wire modem reconnect it and then it seems to connect to the internet and I can go my way.  Sometimes this doesn't work either the first time but after numerous attempts it hooks and works OK.

I'm really at the end of the line here and won't keep Uverse if I can't get this fixed. Oh and tech support told me the reason my picture freezes is because there is an interference causing it and it could be my neighbor doing something at that time or a street light coming on etc.  Is this for real ?

Any help would be appreciated!

Lost in Ohio   

Message 48 of 72 (561 Views)
Expert

Actually, this is one of the rare times that tech support may actually be correct.

When we've seen people report that they have a service disruption that occurs on a schedule (in your case it's 8:00PM to 9:30PM), it's almost always due to a periodic electric or electronic device that is cycling on/off at that time and causing interference, either one the VDSL or coax portion of the U-Verse system, or on the AC power lines.

Looks for a light on a timer (street light, backyard flood light, neighbor's safety light, etc.), or some other kind of automatic device.  Since the interference is only affecting one of your units (DVR), I would start looking on that circuit first.

Even an LCD TV could present a problem.  8:00 to 9:30 is the twilight hours, when it gets dark.  Many TVs have an automatic room brightness sensor and begin reducing the picture brightness as the room gets darker -- the modulation that LCD TVs use to reduce the screen brightness could be the interference culprit, either electrically or via infrared.  Try turning the automatic brightness feature of the TV off if your TV has this feature.

These are the areas where I would start looking for the problem.

Message 49 of 72 (561 Views)
Contributor

Thanks Joe! I will start searching.  I'm shocked by you saying the LCD tv could be the problem because I just bought a new Sony LCD TV right around the same time the problem started!

Could it really be true and my problem be in this new TV??  I'll let you know in a few days what I find .

Message 50 of 72 (561 Views)
Mentor

Hello...could someone tell me why I have 5 MAC address here and I only have 4 boxes?  I named the one realtime just for info purposes.

Thanks,

Bob.1925i0ADC1DEF799C86F0

Message 51 of 72 (656 Views)
Expert

You have 5 MAC addresses and 4 STBs.  The 5th MAC address is the residential gateway (the RG).

It is the source MAC for source ID 1, and the destination MAC for destination ID 1.  You have all 8 of those labeled as "Living Rm DVR", whereas they should be labeled "RG".

Your one labeled "Realtime" is probably the Master Bedroom, and the one labeled Master Bedroom is probable the Living Rm DVR.

Be aware that the MAC addresses in this tab (Coax/HPNA) are special MAC addresses used only for the HPNA interface on the units, and may not match the MAC addresses printed on the bottom of the units, and may not match the MAC addresses shown in the Channels/Streams tab.

Message 52 of 72 (656 Views)
Mentor

I guess I messed that up pretty good!:smileysad:  I'll follow your reply and relabel everything correctly.

Regards,

Bob.

Message 53 of 72 (656 Views)
Contributor

Hi! Here is the info for the Memphis, TN locals (38138):

SD:

3 - WREG (CBS): 239.193.74.1

5 - WMC (NBC): 293.193.74.3

10 - WKNO (PBS): 293.193.74.8

13 - WHBQ (FOX): 239.193.74.6

24 - WPTY (ABC): 239.193.74.7

30 - WLMT (CW): 239.193.74.10

50 - WPXX (ION): 239.193.74.12

HD:

1003 - WREG (CBS): 239.193.74.13

1005 - WMC (NBC): 239.193.74.14

1010 - WKNO (PBS): 239.193.74.15

1013 - WHBQ (FOX): 239.193.74.16

1024 - WPTY (ABC): 239.193.74.17

1030 - WLMT (CW): 239.193.74.18

Message 54 of 72 (656 Views)
Expert

Very cool, thanks!

I also show a channel 40 - TBN/Trinity Broadcasting Network.  This may be the same IP as channel 560.  Can you check if this is already in the database?  Tune to channel 40 and see if the description is already there.

Message 55 of 72 (656 Views)
Scholar

SomeJoe7777,

I just noticed that our RSN's weren't being recognized except for one of the SD channels.  Here's what was being shown as "Not in database":

770 Comcast SportsNet Bay Area 239.192.5.271770 Comcast SportsNet Bay Area 239.192.5.2011767 Comcast SportsNet California 239.192.7.53  
Message 56 of 72 (656 Views)
Mentor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

You have 5 MAC addresses and 4 STBs.  The 5th MAC address is the residential gateway (the RG).

It is the source MAC for source ID 1, and the destination MAC for destination ID 1.  You have all 8 of those labeled as "Living Rm DVR", whereas they should be labeled "RG".

Your one labeled "Realtime" is probably the Master Bedroom, and the one labeled Master Bedroom is probable the Living Rm DVR.

Be aware that the MAC addresses in this tab (Coax/HPNA) are special MAC addresses used only for the HPNA interface on the units, and may not match the MAC addresses printed on the bottom of the units, and may not match the MAC addresses shown in the Channels/Streams tab.

Hi-how do I determine if the Master Bdrm or the Guest Bdrm is #3 or #4 on the list in the Coax/HPNA tab?  Is it automatic or determined by the order  the installer did the install?  I've corrected all the other items you recommeded.

Thanks,

Bob.

1933i94B3278FBC9F360B

Message 57 of 72 (656 Views)
Guru

SomeJoe777... here you go.   Madison, WI locals

SD:

3 - WISC (CBS): 239.192.142.1

15 - WMTV (NBC): 239.192.142.6

21 - WHA (PBS): 239.192.142.11

27 - WKOW (ABC): 239.192.142.16

47 - WMSN (FOX): 239.192.142.21

57 - WBUW (CW): 239.192.142.31

HD:

1003 - WISC (CBS): 239.192.142.36

1015 - WMTV (NBC): 239.192.142.37

1021 - WHA (PBS): 239.192.142.38

1027 - WKOW (ABC): 239.192.142.39

1047 - WMSN (FOX): 239.192.142.40

1057 - WBUW (CW): 239.192.142.41

Message 58 of 72 (656 Views)
Expert

Hi perritterd,

Matching the Coax/HPNA MAC addresses with actual units is difficult.  I have not been able to find a good way to do it automatically within the tool because the RG doesn't give me enough information.

However, this method does work, but is slow:

1. Write down what the list is currently showing.

2. Unplug one of your STB units.

3. Within about 5 minutes, one of the MAC addresses will disappear from the list in the Coax/HPNA tab.  Using the list that you wrote down, you can figure out which MAC address disappeared.

4. That MAC address is the unit that you unplugged.

5. Plug the unit back in, it will reappear in the list within 5 minutes.  At that point, double-click on it and rename it as you see fit.

6. Repeat this process with your other STB units.

If you don't want to wait the 5 minutes that it takes UVRT to update the Coax/HPNA tab, you can get the same coax/HPNA data from the RG using:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_5

Message 59 of 72 (656 Views)
Expert

Thanks, milkman!  Will get them entered.

Message 60 of 72 (656 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.