U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0

Expert

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

If you have already installed v1.2.x.x, you can install this version on top of it and it will upgrade.  Those versions will also auto-update to this new version.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

A significant improvement in this version is the elimination of the requirement to be directly connected to the RG.  Also, the large amount of IPTV traffic that was generated to the computer running U-Verse Realtime is no longer present.

Fixes and New Features

• Change STB detection method to use SSDP packets vice IGMP
  • Remove IGMP query packet generation
  • Eliminate requirement to be directly-connected to the RG
  • Eliminate large bandwidth usage to computer running UVRT
  • Streams Analysis now tracks WAN streams, DVR Ingress streams, and DVR Egress streams
  • STBs and Channels now tracks which streams are being watched and recorded
  • STBs and Channels now tracks separately if a STB is watching VOD or Recorded TV separately from "Off"
  • Decoupled stream gathering thread from STB Channels information display thread to remove multithreading bug
  • STBs and Channels now updates more quickly, reflecting stream changes in less than 5 seconds
  • Improve accuracy of time left for recording on DVR for both HD and SD
  • Add profile override for WAN, DVR Ingress, and DVR Egress
  • Update channel database, Chicago locals now included, fix QVC & HSN channel numbers
  • Fix crash when selecting an invalid NIC, add user-friendly error message
  • Fix date/time not locked onto Windows form when window resized
  • Add renaming of STBs on Coax/HPNA tab
  • Remove warning dialog box before enabling STB Channels/Streams gathering, no longer required
  • Remember selected tab on program startup
  • Add better graceful shutdown code for background threads
  • Tweak highlighting colors
  • Update main documentation (ReadMe) with new features and screenshots
  • Update technical documentation with contents of U-Verse pseudo-SSDP packets

A peek at the new STB Channels/Streams screen:

As always, please post here with comments or bugs.

Message 1 of 72 (1,131 Views)
Expert

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.3.0.0

Joe, I clicked on the link and this is what I saw.

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
  • If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Message 2 of 72 (957 Views)
Expert

There's a typo in the download link.  I sent a PM to Wendy to fix it.

In the meantime, here's the corrected link.

Message 3 of 72 (957 Views)
Expert

Its working, thanks.

Message 4 of 72 (957 Views)
Expert

Joe one of my stbs is showing 80 mbps and 24 SNR.  I would have posted a screen shot but I haven't gotten that  down just yet.  I think it is the one in my bedroom because I get pixelization frequentlly.

Message 5 of 72 (957 Views)
Expert

Yep, you got a bad coax run or bad connection/fitting/wallplate/splitter there.  Probably going to have to have a tech look for the problem.

Message 6 of 72 (957 Views)
Expert

By the way, as a bonus, I have tested myself and have reports from others that the new method of gathering STB channel/streams data is also working on some wireless cards.

If the wireless card in the computer identifies itself to WinPCap as an "Ethernet" card, and your wireless access point passes the 239.255.255.250 multicast traffic over wireless (the RG does, some other wireless access points do as well), then the STB channels/streams feature will work over wireless.

I have briefly tested this on a Dell Mini 10v with a Dell 1510 wireless N adapter, with both a TrendNet wireless N access point and the RG, and it is working.

So for those of you who can't use a wired connection, give it a try on your wireless connection and it may still work.  I can't guarantee anything, though.

Message 7 of 72 (957 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

What does it mean "power level" in a different color (I thinik red....I'm colorblind)?

1746i3EEED8D5F16C24AF

Message 8 of 72 (957 Views)
Expert

Your screenshot isn't visible to the rest of us yet, the moderator has to approve it.  Once it's approved, I'll take a look at it.

Usually, a yellow or red power level reading means your quite far from the VRAD.  This in itself is generally not a problem, but it may restrict how many HD channels you can watch simultaneously.

If you have a color vision deficiency, you may want to turn on the "Use High Contrast Highlighting Scheme" option in the Configuration tab.  Be aware that the colors of the highlighting may not update until the next time the program takes readings from the RG, which might be up to 60 seconds.

Message 9 of 72 (957 Views)
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-07-04-1041-001, 584 channels.

• Add Cleveland, OH locals.

Message 10 of 72 (957 Views)
Mentor

Not totally sure what could be going on, however after renaming MAC address in the COAX/HPNA tab, my PHY Rate and SNR both changed to zero.  It wasn't immediate, it happened after the first refresh after I made the change.  I went to my basement and was able to watch something from my DVR with no issues like always, so I am not sure if this is a goofy bug or something with my system.  Prior to the name change they were 112 and 30.  Any ideas?

Also, maybe a suggestion, everytime there is an update I have to go back and change the default settings on the configuration tab.  I know when the upgrade happens some information from the past install, I.E. MAC Address naming, stays what it was prior to the update.  Instead of the update overwriting the configuration tab back to default, maybe it could check to see if there were prior settings and keep those.  Thanks!

1747iFE0B3B356DFE366FOk,

Message 11 of 72 (800 Views)
Mentor

wiltshp wrote:

Not totally sure what could be going on, however after renaming MAC address in the COAX/HPNA tab, my PHY Rate and SNR both changed to zero.  It wasn't immediate, it happened after the first refresh after I made the change.  I went to my basement and was able to watch something from my DVR with no issues like always, so I am not sure if this is a goofy bug or something with my system.  Prior to the name change they were 112 and 30.  Any ideas?

Also, maybe a suggestion, everytime there is an update I have to go back and change the default settings on the configuration tab.  I know when the upgrade happens some information from the past install, I.E. MAC Address naming, stays what it was prior to the update.  Instead of the update overwriting the configuration tab back to default, maybe it could check to see if there were prior settings and keep those.  Thanks!

1747iFE0B3B356DFE366FOk,

Shortly after posting this, my stats when back to where they were.  112 and 30.  Not sure what happened.

Message 12 of 72 (800 Views)
Expert

The stats issue was probably just some oddity with retrieving information from the RG.  If it happens again, let me know.

For the settings retaining across program versions ... I'll look into this, but I'm not sure much can be done about it without a fairly substantial change.  I currently hold program preferences within .Net's framework for application settings.  When the executable gets replaced with a new one, .Net believes that the old settings are for a different program, and therefore all settings are restored to default.  (Exception: The STB names/MAC addresses are stored in a separate file, so those get retained).

I will investigate other ways to hold program settings that would persist across versions.

Message 13 of 72 (800 Views)
Expert

New channel database released, version 2010-07-04-1829-001, 610 channels.

• Add Atlanta, GA locals

Message 14 of 72 (800 Views)
Mentor

You state the channels/stream requires a hard-wired connection, but it enabled and is working fine over my wireless connection.

I don't know if you have the information already on St Louis location channels that are saying they aren't in the database (my zip code is 63126):

1002 Fox, KTVI (HD), 239.192.30.9

1004 CBS, KMOV (HD), 239.192.30.10

1005 NBC, KSDK (HD), 239.192.30.11

1030 ABC, KDNL (HD), 239.192.30.14

1011 CW, KPLR (HD), 239.192.30.13

1009 PBS, KETC (HD), 239.192.30.12

Message 15 of 72 (800 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support