Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 13, 2010
6:36:44 PM
U-Verse Realtime v1.2.0.0

U-Verse Realtime v1.2.0.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.2.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Program renamed to U-Verse Realtime to better reflect the scope of functionality.
  • Fix last digit of coax station MAC addresses
  • Add date/time to panel so it appears in screenshots
  • Add comma & significant figures to FEC/CRC rates
  • Fix Bits in use highlighting - yellow vice red @ 100%
  • Add Hardware version to IP and Gateway information
  • Change to ListView control for coax/HPNA reporting for better line-up of information
  • Add STB channels tab with current channels being watched, stream totals, and DVR space analysis.
  • Change ReadMe to PDF vice .txt file to be able to hold graphics.
  • Change to MSI installer to allow user to install WinPcap.

System Requirements Change

System requirements have been modified significantly from 2WireRealtime -- please read the documentation in the ReadMe file!

Basic System Requirements

• U-Verse Realtime requires a Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, or Server 2008R2 system to run. U-Verse Realtime is an x86 (32-bit) application, but will run on x64 machines with no issues.
  • U-Verse Realtime requires that the Microsoft .Net Framework v3.5 is installed on your system. If it is not, the installer will prompt you to install it. If you want to manually install it, go to Windows Update and look under the Optional updates.

Additional System Requirements for STB Channels/Streams Feature

• Use of the STB Channels/Streams feature requires a wired Ethernet network interface – U-Verse Realtime will not be able to gather this information on a computer with only a wireless interface.
  • Use of the STB Channels/Streams feature will probably require that any software firewalls be disabled completely. Note that it is not enough to “allow” or “whitelist” the U-Verse Realtime executable file because the packet capture techniques will still not work under that condition. In fact, some software firewalls may have to be removed from the computer completely rather than just disabled because they interfere with WinPcap.
  • It is highly recommended that the computer running U-Verse Realtime is directly connected to the RG, with no intervening network switch. If the computer is instead connected to a network switch, U-Verse Realtime will cause a large amount of extra network traffic that may interfere with other devices when the STB Channels/Streams feature is used.
  • The STB Channels/Streams feature is turned off by default. If you meet the above system requirements, you can turn it on by checking the “Enable Gathering STB Channel/Stream Data” setting on the Configuration tab.

As always, please post here with any comments or bugs.

U-Verse Realtime v1.2.0.0 is released.

The program (.exe installer) may be downloaded here.

U-Verse Realtime is a standalone program that can retrieve information from a typical residential installation of the AT&T U-Verse IPTV system. Some of the information displayed consists of VDSL line analysis, network interface data rates, DVR information, and STB channel and stream information. This program requires that your U-Verse Residential Gateway (the 2Wire 3800HGV) be running firmware version 6.1.9.24 only. Previous versions will not work with this program.

U-Verse Realtime v1.2.0.0 is the evolution of the previous program, 2WireRealtime. The new features added to UVerse Realtime expand its functionality beyond simply looking at statistics from the 2Wire 3800HGV router, so the program was renamed to better reflect its scope. 2WireRealtime will not auto-update to U-Verse Realtime, you must download the new installer.

Fixes and New Features

• Program renamed to U-Verse Realtime to better reflect the scope of functionality.
  • Fix last digit of coax station MAC addresses
  • Add date/time to panel so it appears in screenshots
  • Add comma & significant figures to FEC/CRC rates
  • Fix Bits in use highlighting - yellow vice red @ 100%
  • Add Hardware version to IP and Gateway information
  • Change to ListView control for coax/HPNA reporting for better line-up of information
  • Add STB channels tab with current channels being watched, stream totals, and DVR space analysis.
  • Change ReadMe to PDF vice .txt file to be able to hold graphics.
  • Change to MSI installer to allow user to install WinPcap.

System Requirements Change

System requirements have been modified significantly from 2WireRealtime -- please read the documentation in the ReadMe file!

Basic System Requirements

• U-Verse Realtime requires a Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, or Server 2008R2 system to run. U-Verse Realtime is an x86 (32-bit) application, but will run on x64 machines with no issues.
  • U-Verse Realtime requires that the Microsoft .Net Framework v3.5 is installed on your system. If it is not, the installer will prompt you to install it. If you want to manually install it, go to Windows Update and look under the Optional updates.

Additional System Requirements for STB Channels/Streams Feature

• Use of the STB Channels/Streams feature requires a wired Ethernet network interface – U-Verse Realtime will not be able to gather this information on a computer with only a wireless interface.
  • Use of the STB Channels/Streams feature will probably require that any software firewalls be disabled completely. Note that it is not enough to “allow” or “whitelist” the U-Verse Realtime executable file because the packet capture techniques will still not work under that condition. In fact, some software firewalls may have to be removed from the computer completely rather than just disabled because they interfere with WinPcap.
  • It is highly recommended that the computer running U-Verse Realtime is directly connected to the RG, with no intervening network switch. If the computer is instead connected to a network switch, U-Verse Realtime will cause a large amount of extra network traffic that may interfere with other devices when the STB Channels/Streams feature is used.
  • The STB Channels/Streams feature is turned off by default. If you meet the above system requirements, you can turn it on by checking the “Enable Gathering STB Channel/Stream Data” setting on the Configuration tab.

As always, please post here with any comments or bugs.

U-Verse Realtime v1.2.0.0

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 7:33:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

SomeJoe, nice app. Thank you!

SomeJoe, nice app. Thank you!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.2.0.0

2 of 16 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 4:24:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Very nice app Joe.   Thanks.

Very nice app Joe.   Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 16 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 4:40:34 PM
(0)
Expert

Thanks, Gents!

Here's a screenshot of the new STB Channels/Streams tab to get an idea of the new functionality:

It shows the STBs on your network, with the current channel that each one is tuned to.  It also shows whether each channel is HD or SD.

It also shows your total stream usage, both for total streams and for HD streams.

Finally, it shows a complete DVR space analysis, with remaining record times, as well as a recording indicator.

I've also broken out the ReadMe out of the installation package, so you can view the ReadMe without downloading and installing the full package.  View the ReadMe here.

Thanks, Gents!

Here's a screenshot of the new STB Channels/Streams tab to get an idea of the new functionality:

It shows the STBs on your network, with the current channel that each one is tuned to.  It also shows whether each channel is HD or SD.

It also shows your total stream usage, both for total streams and for HD streams.

Finally, it shows a complete DVR space analysis, with remaining record times, as well as a recording indicator.

I've also broken out the ReadMe out of the installation package, so you can view the ReadMe without downloading and installing the full package.  View the ReadMe here.

4 of 16 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 5:06:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I am not seeing any info in the Channel Streams tab.  I activated it but nothing is showing up yet.  I have seen the info in the other tabs though.  It might be because I am running the app on a computer that is hardwired to the dvr stb instead of the rg.  i will run it on my desktop computer 2morrow and let you know.

I am not seeing any info in the Channel Streams tab.  I activated it but nothing is showing up yet.  I have seen the info in the other tabs though.  It might be because I am running the app on a computer that is hardwired to the dvr stb instead of the rg.  i will run it on my desktop computer 2morrow and let you know.

5 of 16 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 5:41:34 PM
(0)
Expert

Ya, I don't think it's going to work right plugged into the back of an STB.  Plug in directly to the RG.

Ya, I don't think it's going to work right plugged into the back of an STB.  Plug in directly to the RG.

6 of 16 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 5:45:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I will let you know tomorrow.  I am too lazy to go back and turn on that computer right now. 

The issues I was having with losing all of my services appears to be related to the 32/5 profile.  Since I was downgraded to the 25/2 my service is stable.  I saw on your app that the recommended profile is 32/5.  This app is going to be fun to work with.:smileyhappy:

I will let you know tomorrow.  I am too lazy to go back and turn on that computer right now. 

The issues I was having with losing all of my services appears to be related to the 32/5 profile.  Since I was downgraded to the 25/2 my service is stable.  I saw on your app that the recommended profile is 32/5.  This app is going to be fun to work with.:smileyhappy:

7 of 16 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 5:54:01 PM
(0)
Expert

If the line parameters cause the app to recommend 32/5, but 32/5 didn't work, it indicates some possible line problems that may not show up in the numerical stats, but might be on the bitloading graph.  Post a screenshot of that.

If the line parameters cause the app to recommend 32/5, but 32/5 didn't work, it indicates some possible line problems that may not show up in the numerical stats, but might be on the bitloading graph.  Post a screenshot of that.

8 of 16 (1,269 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 4:09:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have FTTP and I'm using the app on a computer that is plugged directly into the RG but I'm not seeing any channel information,  I know for a fact that the DVR is on the local CBS HD station since I'm watching it right now.  I have enabled the gathering feature.  Not sure what else to do.  It is telling me how much time/space I have left on my DVR which is a nice quick way to access that.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I have FTTP and I'm using the app on a computer that is plugged directly into the RG but I'm not seeing any channel information,  I know for a fact that the DVR is on the local CBS HD station since I'm watching it right now.  I have enabled the gathering feature.  Not sure what else to do.  It is telling me how much time/space I have left on my DVR which is a nice quick way to access that.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

9 of 16 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 6:48:57 AM
(0)
Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

Did you remove any software firewalls on the computer?  They will prevent UVRT from seeing the channel information.

oufanindallas wrote:

Did you remove any software firewalls on the computer?  They will prevent UVRT from seeing the channel information.

10 of 16 (1,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 7:57:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

1716iCBAC469173A3CE3CIs this real?

1716iCBAC469173A3CE3CIs this real?

Re: U-Verse Realtime v1.2.0.0 virus?

11 of 16 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 10:54:56 AM
(0)
Expert

No, that is a false positive.  There is no trojan in the download package.

No, that is a false positive.  There is no trojan in the download package.

12 of 16 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 8:33:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

This is what I get when I tried to install realtime....

An error occurred downloading the following resource:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=97964

Date: 6/24/2010 11:25:48 PM

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\Dad\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD4C.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Any ideas??

Also, since a very bad storm hit me last night, the one pc that is NOT wireless will not connect to the internet.  Is it possible that my ethernet card took a hit??

Thanks.

P.

This is what I get when I tried to install realtime....

An error occurred downloading the following resource:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=97964

Date: 6/24/2010 11:25:48 PM

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\Dad\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD4C.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Any ideas??

Also, since a very bad storm hit me last night, the one pc that is NOT wireless will not connect to the internet.  Is it possible that my ethernet card took a hit??

Thanks.

P.

13 of 16 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 8:52:59 PM
(0)
Expert

The setup file in the package will attempt to install the .Net Framework 3.5 package if it's not already on your PC, because it's required for UVRT to run.  The error message indicates that your computer was unable to downlaod the .Net package from Microsoft.

You may want to try going to Windows Update and installing it separately from there (it's under the optional updates).  After it's installed, then try to reinstall the UVRT package.

The setup file in the package will attempt to install the .Net Framework 3.5 package if it's not already on your PC, because it's required for UVRT to run.  The error message indicates that your computer was unable to downlaod the .Net package from Microsoft.

You may want to try going to Windows Update and installing it separately from there (it's under the optional updates).  After it's installed, then try to reinstall the UVRT package.

14 of 16 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 3:46:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hey Joe,

Just an FYI as I know this is a flase positive, but Malwarebytes.org just started to report 2 days ago the following..

UVRT-v1.5.0.0-Installer.exe (Trojan.Swisyn)

Hey Joe,

Just an FYI as I know this is a flase positive, but Malwarebytes.org just started to report 2 days ago the following..

15 of 16 (768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2010 7:32:00 AM
(0)
Expert

djmegahertz_1 wrote:

Hey Joe,

Virscan.org report (36 different anti-virus engines) for UVRT v1.5.0.0 Installer, shows no positive infection.

Virscan.org report (36 different anti-virus engines) for UVRT v1.6.0.0 Installer, shows a single positive, this is a false positive.

djmegahertz_1 wrote:

Hey Joe,

Virscan.org report (36 different anti-virus engines) for UVRT v1.5.0.0 Installer, shows no positive infection.

Virscan.org report (36 different anti-virus engines) for UVRT v1.6.0.0 Installer, shows a single positive, this is a false positive.

16 of 16 (745 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments