Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 21, 2010
7:31:28 AM
View profile
U-Verse Availabilty

I have been trying for a week and a half to find out if U-Verse is available at my address. So far I have been told 3 different things to which none answer the simple question as to the availabilty at my address. Who do you call to get a straight answer?

I have been trying for a week and a half to find out if U-Verse is available at my address. So far I have been told 3 different things to which none answer the simple question as to the availabilty at my address. Who do you call to get a straight answer?

U-Verse Availabilty

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 7:42:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I don't know who you could call to get an answer that would satisfy your question.  Does any of your neighbors have Uverse?  That would be one indication it is in your area.  If you have decided to get Uverse maybe call and schedule an install.  You might get a more definitive answer to the availability question that way.  And you would definitely know when the tech shows up to do the install.  I know that the only way they tell your distance from VRAD is when the tech comes to do the install.

I don't know who you could call to get an answer that would satisfy your question.  Does any of your neighbors have Uverse?  That would be one indication it is in your area.  If you have decided to get Uverse maybe call and schedule an install.  You might get a more definitive answer to the availability question that way.  And you would definitely know when the tech shows up to do the install.  I know that the only way they tell your distance from VRAD is when the tech comes to do the install.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: U-Verse Availabilty

2 of 6 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 11:05:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Did you ever try the availabilty checker?

http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/index.jsp?q_address=true&wtSlotClick=1-0021RR-0-2

Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Did you ever try the availabilty checker?

http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/index.jsp?q_address=true&wtSlotClick=1-0021RR-0-2

Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 3:37:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same concerns, especially now since DISH's agreement with FOX Sports SW has been cancelled and I'm going to miss a ton of sports coverage with teams I love (Stars, Mavericks, Rangers, Aggies).

I put in for notification a year ago with Uverse about availability in my area and still no response.  I heard this past Spring that a neighbor a few blocks away got Uverse, but when I put in my home number or address (in the same subdivision mind you), I get 'no service available'.

How can that be? Or is it that ATT hasn't updated their service status in the area?  Some answers would be nice.

I have the same concerns, especially now since DISH's agreement with FOX Sports SW has been cancelled and I'm going to miss a ton of sports coverage with teams I love (Stars, Mavericks, Rangers, Aggies).

I put in for notification a year ago with Uverse about availability in my area and still no response.  I heard this past Spring that a neighbor a few blocks away got Uverse, but when I put in my home number or address (in the same subdivision mind you), I get 'no service available'.

How can that be? Or is it that ATT hasn't updated their service status in the area?  Some answers would be nice.

4 of 6 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 3:39:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

Do these "VRads" serve a whole subdivision, or do they go by distance on a street-by-street basis?  If that latter is the case, then that is a ridiculous way to run a service like this.

Do these "VRads" serve a whole subdivision, or do they go by distance on a street-by-street basis?  If that latter is the case, then that is a ridiculous way to run a service like this.

5 of 6 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 6:06:03 PM
(0)
Expert

Go to THIS link and send the info as requested.  David and his team are ATT employees who directly assist in situations like yours.  They will open an Address Validation Case.
VRADs in our area are connected to wiring in the cross-connect boxes (landline phones), so those boxes determine which VRAD will serve customers.
Wiring can twist and turn underground, so distance is not always as-the-crow-flies. :smileywink:

BigCat_EM wrote:

Go to THIS link and send the info as requested.  David and his team are ATT employees who directly assist in situations like yours.  They will open an Address Validation Case.
VRADs in our area are connected to wiring in the cross-connect boxes (landline phones), so those boxes determine which VRAD will serve customers.
Wiring can twist and turn underground, so distance is not always as-the-crow-flies. :smileywink:

BigCat_EM wrote:

6 of 6 (483 Views)