Rockingkitty's profile

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 6:01 AM

Total home DVR Phase 2

i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

15 years ago

That should not have happened.  Did you try to force the update (get the Gear screens to reload the software)?

mw8485 wrote:
Atlanta rec'd update last night :smileyhappy:.  Concerns:Lost all favorites and blocked channels... all have to be reset:smileysad:  also, how do we find out the details of the update (ie. punch list)?  I would like to know if they fixed any other bugs or added any features or will this be a continuous "Where's Waldo"?
Message Edited by mw8485 on 07-10-2009 11:05 AM

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

15 years ago

did not force update.  it automatically installed overnight.  i realized it when my wife asked why the aspect ratio was at default.

@spd2demun wrote:
That should not have happened.  Did you try to force the update (get the Gear screens to reload the software)?

@mw8485 wrote:
Atlanta rec'd update last night :smileyhappy:.  Concerns:Lost all favorites and blocked channels... all have to be reset:smileysad:  also, how do we find out the details of the update (ie. punch list)?  I would like to know if they fixed any other bugs or added any features or will this be a continuous "Where's Waldo"?
Message Edited by mw8485 on 07-10-2009 11:05 AM

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

15 years ago

@upower wrote:

@BabyDoc wrote:

Phase 2 came last night to the Cleveland suburb , Beechwood, OH.

It looks great!

Does anyone know if this upgrade fixes the intremittant HDMI connection issues that some televisions, particularly some Samsung models,  have with their STB?

I guess I will soon find out.

Message Edited by BabyDoc on 07-10-2009 01:30 PM

It appeared to have fixed the HDMI connection problem with my Samsung TV. I haven't had the problem since I got the update. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Message Edited by upower on 07-10-2009 11:53 AM

I will keep my fingers crossed, too.   The HDMI connection issue has been my only major complaint about U-verse.   If this upgrade really fixes that issue, it will be for me appreciated far more than any of the other enhancements.

The only other thing I would love to add to a wish list for future upgrades would be an improved GUIDE.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Guide offered you a way of grouping channels by topics: sports, news, movies, comedy, educational, shopping, etc.?

I really hate going through 400 channels just to find all the movies that are showing at a particular time. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Well, after being out of town (Houston), and unplugging everything before I left, I saw the update when I plugged everything back in.  Thought maybe it would finally fix the 5.1 sound issues.  See lots of people who have their problems fixed - unfortunately not mine. 

I have the surround option, but if I use it with the HDMI connection to my Yamaha RX-V1600 Av receiver, I get no sound at all.   If I hook up the optical again, I get intermittent sound - maybe the sound kicks in every 30 seconds or so for a couple of seconds.  Still stuck with 2 ch stereo. 

Worked with comcast cable, and no problems with my Blu Ray player, just the ATT box :smileysad:

Guru

• 

802 Messages

15 years ago

Did you check your settings at Options->Audio/Language Options->Digital Audio output after the update?

Scholar

• 

62 Messages

15 years ago

@rdstrbkr wrote:

Well, after being out of town (Houston), and unplugging everything before I left, I saw the update when I plugged everything back in.  Thought maybe it would finally fix the 5.1 sound issues.  See lots of people who have their problems fixed - unfortunately not mine. 

I have the surround option, but if I use it with the HDMI connection to my Yamaha RX-V1600 Av receiver, I get no sound at all.   If I hook up the optical again, I get intermittent sound - maybe the sound kicks in every 30 seconds or so for a couple of seconds.  Still stuck with 2 ch stereo. 

Worked with comcast cable, and no problems with my Blu Ray player, just the ATT box :smileysad:

I am not familiar with your particular receiver but you might have to change the audio input if you didn't.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

15 years ago

@BabyDoc wrote:

I will keep my fingers crossed, too.   The HDMI connection issue has been my only major complaint about U-verse.   If this upgrade really fixes that issue, it will be for me appreciated far more than any of the other enhancements.

The only other thing I would love to add to a wish list for future upgrades would be an improved GUIDE.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Guide offered you a way of grouping channels by topics: sports, news, movies, comedy, educational, shopping, etc.?

I really hate going through 400 channels just to find all the movies that are showing at a particular time. 

Grouping?  Funny you should ask!  The Web Remote (off all things) now has exactly what you are wanting (albeit just sports / kids / movies) but not the Guide.  Go figure! :smileytongue:

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

15 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@BabyDoc wrote:

Grouping?  Funny you should ask!  The Web Remote (off all things) now has exactly what you are wanting (albeit just sports / kids / movies) but not the Guide.  Go figure! :smileytongue:

What do you mean by "Web Remote"?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

15 years ago

Go to this link, log in using your main UV email address and password, click on Uverse on the right hand side of the screen and you will see the web remote.

http://att.my.yahoo.com/

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

15 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

Go to this link, log in using your main UV email address and password, click on Uverse on the right hand side of the screen and you will see the web remote.

http://att.my.yahoo.com/

Or you can go to http://www.uversecentral.att.com in the TV section click Manage my dvr settings, a box wil appear also asking for your primary UV e-mail address and password. RC's link may be better if you don't have Uverse voice and you don't have manage your phone settings, too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.