Posted Oct 17, 2010
2:26:54 PM
View profile
Too far for 32/5 profile?

Hey guys I was wondering if these stats are good enough for the 32/5 profile. 

Now i had some issues with the line but they changed my old old splitter with a new one I had and we put a new line going to the router from ouside. The guy said I had some good gauge wires coming to the house and my connection went up like crazy even though i am pretty far.  I can't figure out how to post a screenshot using somejoe excellent uverse monitor...

It used to say i was 2300 feet from the vrad? now its reporting 2000 feet?

DSL Line 1 (inner wire pair)

Down

Up

User Rate

25208 kbs

2040 kbs

Max User Rate

41826 kbs

Not Available

Noise Margin

18.5 dB

Not Available

Attenuation

22.3 dB

Not Available

Output Power

13.3 dBm

5.3 dBm 

Protocol

G.993.2

Channel

Interleaved

DSLAM Vendor Information

Country {65461} Vendor {CXSY} Specific {12590 }

Attenuation @ 300kHz

12.5 dB

Final Receive Gain

10.0 dB

Ok

Thank you

Hey guys I was wondering if these stats are good enough for the 32/5 profile. 

Now i had some issues with the line but they changed my old old splitter with a new one I had and we put a new line going to the router from ouside. The guy said I had some good gauge wires coming to the house and my connection went up like crazy even though i am pretty far.  I can't figure out how to post a screenshot using somejoe excellent uverse monitor...

It used to say i was 2300 feet from the vrad? now its reporting 2000 feet?

DSL Line 1 (inner wire pair)

Down

Up

User Rate

25208 kbs

2040 kbs

Max User Rate

41826 kbs

Not Available

Noise Margin

18.5 dB

Not Available

Attenuation

22.3 dB

Not Available

Output Power

13.3 dBm

5.3 dBm 

Protocol

G.993.2

Channel

Interleaved

DSLAM Vendor Information

Country {65461} Vendor {CXSY} Specific {12590 }

Attenuation @ 300kHz

12.5 dB

Final Receive Gain

10.0 dB

Ok

Thank you

Too far for 32/5 profile?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2010 2:37:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What does the ip/profile tab say for recommended profile after the bitloading info?  If it says 32/5 yes, otherwise post the ip/profile and bitloading tabs for further help. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

What does the ip/profile tab say for recommended profile after the bitloading info?  If it says 32/5 yes, otherwise post the ip/profile and bitloading tabs for further help. :smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Too far for 32/5 profile?

2 of 10 (2,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2010 3:22:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

It does say 32/5 in red.

How in the world do you post a picture in the new forums.  When i click on insert image I dont get an option to browse for it only option i have is image url.

Thank you

It does say 32/5 in red.

How in the world do you post a picture in the new forums.  When i click on insert image I dont get an option to browse for it only option i have is image url.

Thank you

3 of 10 (2,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2010 3:50:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Oct 17, 2010 at 3:53:27 PM

Unluckily you have to post images to another website then get them from there.

First I'd try a unplug/plug in reboot of the RG for 30 seconds, this might get 32/5 and if not, then I'd contact David and his tier2 team here:

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Follow the directions under TROUBLES w/UVerse or install problems and hopefully they will get your 32/5 profile, good luck. :smileywink:

Chris

Unluckily you have to post images to another website then get them from there.

First I'd try a unplug/plug in reboot of the RG for 30 seconds, this might get 32/5 and if not, then I'd contact David and his tier2 team here:

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Follow the directions under TROUBLES w/UVerse or install problems and hopefully they will get your 32/5 profile, good luck. :smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 10 (2,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2010 9:59:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

Here is a pic from u-verse realtime (if you use ie8 switch to compatibility view or use firefox :smileyhappy:

http://alturl.com/fzjwn

Thank you

Here is a pic from u-verse realtime (if you use ie8 switch to compatibility view or use firefox :smileyhappy:

http://alturl.com/fzjwn

Thank you

5 of 10 (2,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2010 6:21:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The utility is indicating that you do have a good enough connection for 32/5, which is why 32/5 is in red there (because you actually have 25/2).

The utility is indicating that you do have a good enough connection for 32/5, which is why 32/5 is in red there (because you actually have 25/2).

6 of 10 (2,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2010 4:21:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Call cs at 800.983-2811 and request to be upgraded to the higher profile.

Call cs at 800.983-2811 and request to be upgraded to the higher profile.

7 of 10 (1,979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2010 8:10:39 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Rygar on Oct 21, 2010 at 8:12:00 PM

I called tech support they guy told me I am over 2100 feet from the vrad (uverse-realtime is reporting 2000 so the guy was not lying or anything) so I would likely have a lot of issues if they upped the profile to the 32/5 :smileysad:  plus the sytem would not let him even if he wanted because of my distance from the vrad..

Looking at my statistics i do have a lot of corrected blocks in there almost like 30k a day which might double or triple if the up the line?  I i see a few uncorrected one too but like 50 in 10 days...

I called tech support they guy told me I am over 2100 feet from the vrad (uverse-realtime is reporting 2000 so the guy was not lying or anything) so I would likely have a lot of issues if they upped the profile to the 32/5 :smileysad:  plus the sytem would not let him even if he wanted because of my distance from the vrad..

Looking at my statistics i do have a lot of corrected blocks in there almost like 30k a day which might double or triple if the up the line?  I i see a few uncorrected one too but like 50 in 10 days...

[ Edited ]
8 of 10 (1,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2010 9:09:17 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Rygar on Nov 26, 2010 at 9:10:20 PM

http://picasaweb.google.com/mrspok/Uverse02?authkey=Gv1sRgCO73yoTJ8q-YvwE#

I finally contacted Dave and his team and sent him a screenshot of somejoes realtime and guess what Success!  Its been a week now and its been running great.... I posted pics but am not an expert nor i understand that bitloading screen but I think it looks ok :smileyhappy:

Now are we gaining anything by having this profile?

Thank you

http://picasaweb.google.com/mrspok/Uverse02?authkey=Gv1sRgCO73yoTJ8q-YvwE#

I finally contacted Dave and his team and sent him a screenshot of somejoes realtime and guess what Success!  Its been a week now and its been running great.... I posted pics but am not an expert nor i understand that bitloading screen but I think it looks ok :smileyhappy:

Thank you

[ Edited ]
9 of 10 (1,391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 7:24:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Rygar wrote:

That depends.  You now have more bandwidth up and down.  You may now be able to recieive 4 HD streams into your house simultaneously.  You may now be eligble for the highest level of HSI (up to 24 Mbps down) if that is available in your area.  If you have 18 Mbps HSI, then you can now view/record another HD stream without impacting your download speeds.

Rygar wrote:

That depends.  You now have more bandwidth up and down.  You may now be able to recieive 4 HD streams into your house simultaneously.  You may now be eligble for the highest level of HSI (up to 24 Mbps down) if that is available in your area.  If you have 18 Mbps HSI, then you can now view/record another HD stream without impacting your download speeds.

10 of 10 (1,189 Views)