Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 4, 2011
6:17:58 PM
View profile
Tier2 Rep states no online bill pay for U-Verse TV only subscribers

Greetings, 

I subscribe to U-Verse TV only and would like to login to pay my bill online.  I have gone through the registration once already, I was given an @att.net Uverse ID sent to my primary email during the registration process.  I've logged in using it once or twice before.  Now when I login I get the message asking to "go paperless".  When I click "no thanks" I am taken back to the login screen, no error message or anything.  When I click "enroll in paperless" I am presented with a blank page. 

I chatted with someone in tier2 support who informed me that u-verse internet is required to manage your account online.  This doesn't seem right to me.  I understand certain features wouldn't be available but I just want to pay my bill.  If I call to pay over the phone I believe there is a fee.  My paper bill stated I could go online and view my account.  I don't understand why I can't manage my account online just because I don't have at&t internet service. Why on Earth would I want paperless billing if I can't manage my account online?

I've tried different browsers and different computers.  Even registered an att.net primary account at the suggestion of tier 2 support with a link they sent me.  Same results. 

Anybody got any suggestions?  I'm at my wits end here.

Greetings, 

I subscribe to U-Verse TV only and would like to login to pay my bill online.  I have gone through the registration once already, I was given an @att.net Uverse ID sent to my primary email during the registration process.  I've logged in using it once or twice before.  Now when I login I get the message asking to "go paperless".  When I click "no thanks" I am taken back to the login screen, no error message or anything.  When I click "enroll in paperless" I am presented with a blank page. 

I chatted with someone in tier2 support who informed me that u-verse internet is required to manage your account online.  This doesn't seem right to me.  I understand certain features wouldn't be available but I just want to pay my bill.  If I call to pay over the phone I believe there is a fee.  My paper bill stated I could go online and view my account.  I don't understand why I can't manage my account online just because I don't have at&t internet service. Why on Earth would I want paperless billing if I can't manage my account online?

I've tried different browsers and different computers.  Even registered an att.net primary account at the suggestion of tier 2 support with a link they sent me.  Same results. 

Anybody got any suggestions?  I'm at my wits end here.

Tier2 Rep states no online bill pay for U-Verse TV only subscribers

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 7:08:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

Oh well, I was able to login and pay my bill through the android app with no issues.  Thanks for not suggesting that At&t rep.

Oh well, I was able to login and pay my bill through the android app with no issues.  Thanks for not suggesting that At&t rep.

Re: Tier2 Rep states no online bill pay for U-Verse TV only subscribers

2 of 6 (677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2011 6:44:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I think there is an internet window for you to sign up. I can not try it because I am already signed up. Go to -

https://www.att.com/olam/logout.olamexecute

Over to the right you will see Not yet registered? click on get started

Under select account type - select u-verse account

I am thinking this will allow you to select any password or ID - like it does for the phone/dsl option.

If you select u-verse member ID it would be the e-mail ID that you do not have.

This may or may not be what you tried before. Hope it works for you.

I think there is an internet window for you to sign up. I can not try it because I am already signed up. Go to -

https://www.att.com/olam/logout.olamexecute

Over to the right you will see Not yet registered? click on get started

Under select account type - select u-verse account

I am thinking this will allow you to select any password or ID - like it does for the phone/dsl option.

If you select u-verse member ID it would be the e-mail ID that you do not have.

This may or may not be what you tried before. Hope it works for you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2011 6:15:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Let us know if that solution works for you.

Let us know if that solution works for you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 9:33:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the response.

Well, I created an @att.net login through that link above already.  It wasn't working the other day at all when I was trying to login.  I eventually downloaded the android app and was able to login and pay my bill through that.  Now when I login,  I am taken to my homepage that shows an overview of my account, but  whenever I click a link from that page, it takes me back to the login screen. 

I have been able to manage my account online when I first signed up.  Add/Remove channels, view/upgrade plan, etc....  I still can't believe that these problems I'm having are due to the fact that I only have UVerse TV and no internet through AT&T.  Otherwise why would I be able to login and pay my bill via the android app?  I've tried multiple different browsers and computers which all yield the same result. 

Thanks for the response.

Well, I created an @att.net login through that link above already.  It wasn't working the other day at all when I was trying to login.  I eventually downloaded the android app and was able to login and pay my bill through that.  Now when I login,  I am taken to my homepage that shows an overview of my account, but  whenever I click a link from that page, it takes me back to the login screen. 

I have been able to manage my account online when I first signed up.  Add/Remove channels, view/upgrade plan, etc....  I still can't believe that these problems I'm having are due to the fact that I only have UVerse TV and no internet through AT&T.  Otherwise why would I be able to login and pay my bill via the android app?  I've tried multiple different browsers and computers which all yield the same result. 

5 of 6 (552 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 9:46:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on May 13, 2011 at 10:27:45 AM

What you say sounds familiar - 

I could not log in from a second computer. Also, it seemed like every time I wanted to do something I need to log in again.

I believe I was seeing posts saying the website was not available & the website itself says " a new one is coming".

So, I was hoping it all gets straightened out before I have to do anything, I have not been blocked from paying bills because we pay from the bank website. But, I do need to look at the at&t manage site to review the bill.

So, I just tried logging in from the second computer & got a second login screen & then a third - can not log in.

So, I went to my bill notice & clicked on review bill link & logged in. Now I can  log in on the second computer.

Can you try going through the bill notice to "authorize" the computer?

What you say sounds familiar - 

I could not log in from a second computer. Also, it seemed like every time I wanted to do something I need to log in again.

I believe I was seeing posts saying the website was not available & the website itself says " a new one is coming".

So, I was hoping it all gets straightened out before I have to do anything, I have not been blocked from paying bills because we pay from the bank website. But, I do need to look at the at&t manage site to review the bill.

So, I just tried logging in from the second computer & got a second login screen & then a third - can not log in.

So, I went to my bill notice & clicked on review bill link & logged in. Now I can  log in on the second computer.

Can you try going through the bill notice to "authorize" the computer?

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (547 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments