Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 1, 2010
12:02:58 PM
View profile
TV Screen blues out after given time period

Weird I know but I like to leave the TV on during the day for my dog.  Since getting UVerse it seems the screen blues out to the AT&T screen after a given period of time.  How long it takes I don't know because I just come home in the evening to a blue screen.  Does anyone know how to change this setting?

Weird I know but I like to leave the TV on during the day for my dog.  Since getting UVerse it seems the screen blues out to the AT&T screen after a given period of time.  How long it takes I don't know because I just come home in the evening to a blue screen.  Does anyone know how to change this setting?

TV Screen blues out after given time period

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 1:19:13 PM
(0)
Expert

For Energy Star compliance and to save network bandwidth, AT&T U-Verse receivers will turn themselves off after 6-8 hours of inactivity.

There is no way to turn off this feature.

For Energy Star compliance and to save network bandwidth, AT&T U-Verse receivers will turn themselves off after 6-8 hours of inactivity.

There is no way to turn off this feature.

Re: TV Screen blues out after given time period

2 of 6 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 3:36:06 PM
(0)
Expert

Mine go into standby mode at 8 hours.  Unfortunately no one has come up with a workaround for it.  If anyone does they will make a lot of people happy.

Mine go into standby mode at 8 hours.  Unfortunately no one has come up with a workaround for it.  If anyone does they will make a lot of people happy.

3 of 6 (424 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2010 9:34:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

I use my PC as a  DVR and also need a workaround for this problem. Frustrating to find a 3 gig. file full of blue screen instead of a TV show.

I have left the TV application running, but the U-verse box shut down anyway!

TSMC

maggiesmom wrote:

I use my PC as a  DVR and also need a workaround for this problem. Frustrating to find a 3 gig. file full of blue screen instead of a TV show.

TSMC

maggiesmom wrote:

4 of 6 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2010 8:54:54 AM
(0)
Expert

After 8 hours the UV stbs go into standby mode.  This is something that was rolledout quite sometime ago.  There is no way to get around it as far as I know.  Some have tried setting 1 minute recordings to get around the issue.  But I don't know if that got them satisfying results.

After 8 hours the UV stbs go into standby mode.  This is something that was rolledout quite sometime ago.  There is no way to get around it as far as I know.  Some have tried setting 1 minute recordings to get around the issue.  But I don't know if that got them satisfying results.

5 of 6 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2010 9:42:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

TSMC wrote:

TSMC

maggiesmom wrote:

There has to be some type of active input (VOD, recorded TV, channel change, go interactive, last, menu, record) to the DVR/STB (and not the TV) from the remote or front of the unit that will reset the 6-8 hr. energy star timer.  Software access will not reset the timer. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-912-8216 for TS to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

TSMC wrote:

TSMC

maggiesmom wrote:

There has to be some type of active input (VOD, recorded TV, channel change, go interactive, last, menu, record) to the DVR/STB (and not the TV) from the remote or front of the unit that will reset the 6-8 hr. energy star timer.  Software access will not reset the timer. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-912-8216 for TS to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (424 Views)