Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 5, 2011
8:19:38 PM
View profile
TV Freezing .... Realtime stats below

I have had several instances of frozen shows today and below are the stats after just experiencing one. The Coax/HPNA screen is blank. I ran the extended test but still nothing came. The last time I had a Premtech out he replaced all my Coax with Cat5 so I do not have any coax running anywhere! Any ideas on what to tell support?

I have had several instances of frozen shows today and below are the stats after just experiencing one. The Coax/HPNA screen is blank. I ran the extended test but still nothing came. The last time I had a Premtech out he replaced all my Coax with Cat5 so I do not have any coax running anywhere! Any ideas on what to tell support?

TV Freezing .... Realtime stats below

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 8:33:36 PM
(0)
Expert

Looks to be some sort of intermittent interference issue.  The error table shows that something major is going on, but I don't see any huge problems on the stats or the bitloading.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

Looks to be some sort of intermittent interference issue.  The error table shows that something major is going on, but I don't see any huge problems on the stats or the bitloading.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

Re: TV Freezing .... Realtime stats below

2 of 8 (754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 8:59:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

On 2/25/11 we rented a movie on VOD.  It was freezing every 50 sec on the dot.  Called T1 support and they had me rent a non HD movie, then another HD, then a movie that had been out for a while and it was the same..every 50 sec a pause. they had me reset the DVR, and the Modem without any change.  All boxes in the house (3) performed the same.  They escalted it to T2 and the T2 people had already left so they took all of my info and told me to call back on 2/26/11.

2/26/11 called T2 support, they ran tests and everything looked good, in fact they said that the lines were VERY good and port we were on at the local neighborhood box was fin during the bounce test.  They issued a tech out to arrive later in the day.

2/26/11 tech arrival.  Tech told me that he ran tests on the local equipment and all was fine.  He changed our port and still there was no difference.  Tech told me that dispach was not supposed to issue trouble tickets, they were to inform about the national VOD issue that has occured after the last patch that Microsoft rolled out to the equipment.  VOD has been broken as of the last patch and there is not a fix yet and they have no way of letting everyone know when it works.  It is allof VOD...$ and free.

Anyone else having this issue?

On 2/25/11 we rented a movie on VOD.  It was freezing every 50 sec on the dot.  Called T1 support and they had me rent a non HD movie, then another HD, then a movie that had been out for a while and it was the same..every 50 sec a pause. they had me reset the DVR, and the Modem without any change.  All boxes in the house (3) performed the same.  They escalted it to T2 and the T2 people had already left so they took all of my info and told me to call back on 2/26/11.

2/26/11 called T2 support, they ran tests and everything looked good, in fact they said that the lines were VERY good and port we were on at the local neighborhood box was fin during the bounce test.  They issued a tech out to arrive later in the day.

2/26/11 tech arrival.  Tech told me that he ran tests on the local equipment and all was fine.  He changed our port and still there was no difference.  Tech told me that dispach was not supposed to issue trouble tickets, they were to inform about the national VOD issue that has occured after the last patch that Microsoft rolled out to the equipment.  VOD has been broken as of the last patch and there is not a fix yet and they have no way of letting everyone know when it works.  It is allof VOD...$ and free.

3 of 8 (745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 5:23:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yep same problem here in SA, TX.  Tried to play an HBO documentary via VOD last night and it had no sound, froze repeatedly so I just gave up.  Figured it was something in the VHO that was messed up.

rccrwlr wrote:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Yep same problem here in SA, TX.  Tried to play an HBO documentary via VOD last night and it had no sound, froze repeatedly so I just gave up.  Figured it was something in the VHO that was messed up.

rccrwlr wrote:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 6:04:22 AM
(0)
Scholar

No problem here in NC. I'm playing VOD from Starz in HD no problems at all! Win CE V5.0.1400...

No problem here in NC. I'm playing VOD from Starz in HD no problems at all! Win CE V5.0.1400...

5 of 8 (699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 9:38:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

VOD problem seems to have cleared up today.

VOD problem seems to have cleared up today.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 7:43:04 PM
(0)
Scholar

Boy talk about a post getting hijacked! The original post had nothing to do with VOD.  Thanks SomeJoe I'll have to get them back out here when I have time!

Boy talk about a post getting hijacked! The original post had nothing to do with VOD.  Thanks SomeJoe I'll have to get them back out here when I have time!

7 of 8 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2011 8:43:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
sorry about the hijack....thought i was in the right place for those in the know...sucks to be a newbe!
sorry about the hijack....thought i was in the right place for those in the know...sucks to be a newbe!

8 of 8 (448 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments