THDVR issue.

Teacher

THDVR issue.

The DVR reboots anytime non-DVR STBs access and play the recorded programs.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have tech coming out tomorrow.  This just started.  I have had THDVR for over a month.
Message 1 of 11 (802 Views)
Expert

Re: THDVR issue.

This is the first time I have heard of that issue.  Hopefully you can reproduce that problem when the tech gets there.  The most annoying thing that I have had happen way too often is equipment works when the repair tech gets there.
Message 2 of 11 (802 Views)
Mentor

Wow, that's a first!

I'll keep this in mind.

Please post the solution and what the Tech says! :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 11 (802 Views)

cedog wrote:
The DVR reboots anytime non-DVR STBs access and play the recorded programs.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have tech coming out tomorrow.  This just started.  I have had THDVR for over a month.

Dog, I would watch anything that you really want to see before the tech gets there.  He/she will most likely want to do a hard reboot or swap your DVR and you will loose all of your recorded content. 
Message 4 of 11 (802 Views)
Expert

umm hmm

JiminSTLouis wrote:

cedog wrote:

Dog, I would watch anything that you really want to see before the tech gets there.  He/she will most likely want to do a hard reboot or swap your DVR and you will loose all of your recorded content. 

Message 5 of 11 (802 Views)
Teacher

The tech changed out the DVR unit.  It is working now.  They had never seen this issue before.
Message 6 of 11 (802 Views)
Master

cedog wrote:
The tech changed out the DVR unit.  It is working now.  They had never seen this issue before.

u in first on that one  imho

hope to never compete on that issue also :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 11 (802 Views)
Master

cedog wrote:

wouldn't the command for the dvr to reboot have to come from the RG, just guessing...
Dennis
Message 8 of 11 (802 Views)
Teacher

showtime48 wrote:

cedog wrote:

wouldn't the command for the dvr to reboot have to come from the RG, just guessing...

nah, could have been the dvr was having issue understanding the signal being sent and reboot itself to try to correct the glich and maybe get a software update through a recovery mode.

Message 9 of 11 (802 Views)
Guru

I agree with you allstar. It could also be a bug, watcha think?
Message 10 of 11 (802 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

This has happened only once to me in the field

From the information I gathered from other Prem Techs was that after the THDVR update; the DVR went south

Message 11 of 11 (287 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.