Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 21, 2009
2:38:23 PM
Surround Sound
I continue to have a problem with this service concerning my Surround Sound (SS).  I have a HDMI cable going to the TV and a optical cable to my receiver.  At times is works fine the then times it doesn't.  I get the sound but not SS.  I am real tried of paying for something an not getting it.  ATT have been out 4 times and replaces the box and it fixes the problem for a time. The last update stopped it from working.  The tech told me that ATT released the system before it was properly tested.  Any ideas on how to get it to work.  I am about ready to go back to cable.
I continue to have a problem with this service concerning my Surround Sound (SS).  I have a HDMI cable going to the TV and a optical cable to my receiver.  At times is works fine the then times it doesn't.  I get the sound but not SS.  I am real tried of paying for something an not getting it.  ATT have been out 4 times and replaces the box and it fixes the problem for a time. The last update stopped it from working.  The tech told me that ATT released the system before it was properly tested.  Any ideas on how to get it to work.  I am about ready to go back to cable.

Surround Sound

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2009 2:41:57 PM
(0)
Guru
Has it worked at all since the update? If not, did you check the audio settings after the update as advised?
Has it worked at all since the update? If not, did you check the audio settings after the update as advised?

Re: Surround Sound

2 of 12 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2009 2:42:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Did you go to your stb and change the audio setting?  Menu>options>audio/language options>digital audio output>surround sound.  If so, if this is possible try running hdmi to your receiver from the stb and then loop through back to your tv.
Did you go to your stb and change the audio setting?  Menu>options>audio/language options>digital audio output>surround sound.  If so, if this is possible try running hdmi to your receiver from the stb and then loop through back to your tv.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 12 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2009 6:29:22 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the advise it now works.  Maybe ATT techs should know this trick, they couldn't tell me the answer.  They kept blaming my equipment.
Thanks for the advise it now works.  Maybe ATT techs should know this trick, they couldn't tell me the answer.  They kept blaming my equipment.

4 of 12 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2009 12:56:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Glad that worked for you. Let us know if you have any other problems, there are plenty of people ready willing and able to offer assistance.
Glad that worked for you. Let us know if you have any other problems, there are plenty of people ready willing and able to offer assistance.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 12 (1,581 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2010 2:19:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm a newbie here -

We have had the sound cutting out problem with the surround sound on and connected to the amplifier with an optical cable.  AT&T says they're aware of it -

Anyone know what the solution is ?

I'm a newbie here -

We have had the sound cutting out problem with the surround sound on and connected to the amplifier with an optical cable.  AT&T says they're aware of it -

Anyone know what the solution is ?

Surround Sound

6 of 12 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2010 2:22:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is a known issue.  Please see the lengthy thread in the link below.

http://utalk.att.com/t5/Equipment/Audio-drop-outs-surround-5-1/td-p/57711

It is a known issue.  Please see the lengthy thread in the link below.

http://utalk.att.com/t5/Equipment/Audio-drop-outs-surround-5-1/td-p/57711

7 of 12 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2010 4:43:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for your reply!!!

For the record, we have the new Cisco STB, and I have tried two optical cables -

The problem persists - intermittent loss of the sound.

Given all the electrical engineering talent out there and the demand for state of the art surround sound, it would seem to me that this could be remedied.

I'd sure like to see it solved!

Thanks for your reply!!!

For the record, we have the new Cisco STB, and I have tried two optical cables -

The problem persists - intermittent loss of the sound.

Given all the electrical engineering talent out there and the demand for state of the art surround sound, it would seem to me that this could be remedied.

I'd sure like to see it solved!

8 of 12 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 12:39:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

I also have this problem had techs check it out they can't fix it. I use HDMI connected to TV for picture and Optical to AV for 5.1 sound. I have had two boxes same problem. The problem seems to happen later in the evening and in the 1200 to 1600 channel range but it can happen on any channel and at any time of day.

I also have this problem had techs check it out they can't fix it. I use HDMI connected to TV for picture and Optical to AV for 5.1 sound. I have had two boxes same problem. The problem seems to happen later in the evening and in the 1200 to 1600 channel range but it can happen on any channel and at any time of day.

9 of 12 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 1:45:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

I've tried both Optical and HDMI, but my audio dropout problem persists. :smileysad:

I've tried both Optical and HDMI, but my audio dropout problem persists. :smileysad:

10 of 12 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 1:33:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have video drop out when I change the audio on u-verse to surround sound 5.1

I have tried hdmi cables, optical cables and component cables

11 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 4:02:54 PM
(0)
Expert

You can post your feedback here (ATT engineers working on a fix).

meverse wrote:

You can post your feedback here (ATT engineers working on a fix).

meverse wrote:

12 of 12 (630 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments