Streaming Netflix to Wireless Blu-Ray player

Teacher

Streaming Netflix to Wireless Blu-Ray player

Hello;

I have a LG BD390 blu-ray player which connects wirelessly to my Uverse network to allow YouTube, Netflix and other internet video options. The BD390 keeps losing the wireless connection and I have to go through network setup options often.

Here's the LG support suggestion:

<< Thank you for contacting LG Electronics. Does your 2Wire router have a DMZ option? If so, then I would connect the BD390 with a static IP and put that IP in the routers DMZ. You may need to contact AT&T or 2Wire (whoever provides support for your router) for detailed info on the DMZ.

If the router does not have a DMZ, then I can confidently say the unit is malfunctioning and will require service. >>

I'm not familiar with "DMZ" but I did find BD390 within the wireless hardware list and I set it up a static IP address of 192.168.1.69. I set the same IP address within the BD390. It worked for awhile but the router and/or the BD390 seemed to forget the static IP. Perhaps if the router is reset by me or by ATT then that info is lost? 

What does DMZ mean and is there anything else I need to do on the Uverse side to set up a device for video streaming?

Thanks,

Scott 

Message 1 of 7 (5,649 Views)
Master

Re: Streaming Netflix to Wireless Blu-Ray player

ipset.jpg

try setting it to the address it has been given on the rg in this table

\            http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C07&THISPAGE=C06&NEXTPAGE=C07

not sure u need dmz for the problem   ,  also u may need to try a diff wireless channel

randy

Message Edited by randyl on 01-08-2010 01:38 PM
Message 2 of 7 (5,649 Views)
Guru

I have U-Verse and have Netflix streaming on 4 different devices (2 TiVos and 2 different model Blu-Ray players). I use wireless for them all and I have no problems with connectivity. None of the devices use DMZ. The only other thing that would concern me is the distance between the player and the RG. Have you moved the player to a different location?

Message 3 of 7 (5,649 Views)
Teacher

Scott:

I just bought a Panasonic blu-ray player, and it came with a wireless LAN adapter that plugs into the USB port on the player. However Smiley Sad I cannot figure out how to make it work with the RG?Uverse wireless access point. The blu-ray "sees" my 2Wire network (and several others), but I cannot get the blu-ray to connect.

I am using the WPA PSK-TKIP option on the blu-ray, then entering the passkey printed on the RS unit.

Are there any gurus out there who can tell me if this is the right way to do it?

Note: At one point, the blu-ray displayed on the screen an 8-digit number and told me to register this number in the Access Point. What does that mean, and how do I do with with the RS unit???

Thanks,

Frank 

Message 4 of 7 (4,666 Views)
Teacher

What protocol did you use to set up your wireless blu-rays? I am trying to use WPA PSK-TKIP without success so far.

Maybe I am messing up, but it would help to know if the aforementioned protocol even works with Uverse.

Thanks!

Frank

Message 5 of 7 (4,651 Views)
Expert

Do two things:

1. Go to this web page in the U-Verse RG and disable the Wi-Fi Protected Setup:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

2. If necessary, on that same page, change the encryption/authentication type to WEP-Shared.

Message 6 of 7 (4,645 Views)
Highlighted

Is your BluRay player close to a STB.  If you aren't using your ethernet port on the back of your STB you can hook up you BluRay to that port and not have to worry about wireless settings.  I have my BluRay player hooked up that way and it works just fine. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 7 (4,575 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.