Helpful Links

Stinking spam!!!

Contributor

Stinking spam!!!

I just signed of for Uverse 4 days ago.  I am now receiving daily more spam than I ever have in the passed.  And I don't even use my ATT mail address directly.  Way to go ATT using this craptastic Yahoo spammail system.  Not Happy!
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Stinking spam!!!

Online you can set up filters and have it empty Spam at a certain interval.  I get a couple a day or less w/my

linked yahoo.com address too. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

The only filtering seems to be to add specific email addresses.  As we all know spammers regularly generate new bogus addresses.  Unless you can filter at the domain or IP level, it's useless.  You have to be able to black list at that level.  Fact is Yahoo/ATT need to do some hardening work on their setup.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

Then don't use it and get an email service that suits your needs. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Keep in mind, I don't even use that email id.  This is just since setup.  I shouldn't have to setup a separate service for email to keep from getting all of this spam.  It's a simple statement that ATT/Yahoo need to be doing a better job.  Can I get around the problem?  Yes.  Should I expect ATT/Yahoo to do a better job? Absolutely.
Message 5 of 8
Master

If you have a Mac, Mac Mail works great no spam so far my neighbor runs a PC using gmail and he says no spam there are workarounds.
Message 6 of 8

I half agree with DB, it's not AT&T's fault, so AT&T doesn't really need to do anything (well, it is their fault for choosing Yahoo in the first place, but that's a different story), but Yahoo really needs to step it up, they have to be the most unprofessional online multiservices around (Multiservice meaning they have webmail, web search, online shopping, ISP partner, etc.), I personally had a lot of issues with Yahoo and switched what I could to Google (I am now between Yahoo and Google), Yahoo does have a nice spam removal system, but like DB said, spammers make up many fake addresses with fake domains every day, and most seem to target Yahoo Mail users
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Guru

When I signed up for AT&T DSL years ago, I was given a free Yahoo account (for IM and whatnot) and an sbcglobal.net account.

In just a matter of weeks, my Yahoo account became inundated with spam, and I no longer use it. Even though their spam filter is fairly effective, it's no longer worth my time checking the huge volume for valid mail. (And changing your Yahoo address is not an option -- it's a permanent part of your account.) My sbcglobal.net account, however, did not have this problem to the same degree. 

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support