Starbucks and AT&T

Scholar

Starbucks and AT&T

Starbucks ditches T-Mobile for AT&T Wi-Fi

09:49 AM CST on Monday, February 11, 2008

Associated Press

SEATTLE – Starbucks Corp. is teaming up with AT&T Inc. and will start offering a mix of free and paid wireless Internet service in more than 7,000 of its U.S. coffee shops beginning this spring.

The world's largest specialty coffee retailer's move ends a six-year partnership T-Mobile.

Starbucks said Monday it will give customers that use its Starbucks purchase card two hours of free wireless access per day. After that, it will cost $3.99 for a two-hour session. Monthly memberships will cost $19.99 and include access to any of AT&T's 70,000 hot spots worldwide.

People who already use AT&T as their Internet service provider will have unlimited Wi-Fi access at Starbucks.

Message 1 of 25
Expert

Re: Starbucks and AT&T

Bunch of whiney girls, that T-Mobile! :smileyhappy:

I would say something has already changed, the last login at a Starbucks I frequent...now has the T-Mobile screen popup, totally connected, BUT there is now a drop-down for ATT subscribers.

Before (after this partnership was announced with ATT), I would briefly see the T-Mobile screen, but very quickly it changed to ATT login.

Would have taken a screenshot, but forgot. :smileysad:

And T-Mobile was charging an unreasonable fee for access if I recall (coming from T-Mobile people)?

Message 16 of 25
Highlighted
Contributor

Question guys.

Just replaced ATT DSL and Direct TV with UVerse. It feels great to have one machine running things wirelessly. No more routers and modems and cables everywhere. So Far so good.

I was wondering for all the ATT/UVerse users @ Starbucks. I havent tried yet but how does the Login there work?

Do you log in with the Master Account registered under ATT, or can we create starbucks wifi logins with ATT subusers?

I'm not the Master account on my Uverse and want to be able to independently use the star bucks wifi with my own log in.

Thanx!

-P 

Tags (3)
Message 17 of 25
Master

PaulEscolar wrote:

Question guys.

Just replaced ATT DSL and Direct TV with UVerse. It feels great to have one machine running things wirelessly. No more routers and modems and cables everywhere. So Far so good.

I was wondering for all the ATT/UVerse users @ Starbucks. I havent tried yet but how does the Login there work?

Do you log in with the Master Account registered under ATT, or can we create starbucks wifi logins with ATT subusers?

I'm not the Master account on my Uverse and want to be able to independently use the star bucks wifi with my own log in.

Thanx!

-P 

needs to be the main account :smileysad:

Message 18 of 25
Contributor

aww that sucks.

do you just log in with ATT account when the starbucks wifi page comes up?

Message 19 of 25
Master

PaulEscolar wrote:

aww that sucks.

read what spd2d posted in june  mess #11  this thread  fyi

still same dunno but surely its straight forward now i bet....

if a problem ask the prettiest barrister how to maybe  :smileyhappy:

a link to may >>>>>>  http://alanweinkrantz.typepad.com/3screens/starbucks/index.html

if u have problems here is an older thread with some info >>  http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=HSIA&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=1511#M1511

Message Edited by randyl on 09-09-2008 08:54 AM
Message 20 of 25
Expert

Actually the ATT page will come up and then you login with the ATT/Yahoo registered ID info.  
Once you have logged in to any Starbucks, the ATT page will come up automatically and connect when you are in range at a Starbucks (like the parking lot where I hang out to drink...OK, that didn't come out right, LOL!).  You still have to use the ATT/Yahoo login.
Unless they have changed something recently, there is no Starbucks page that comes up, it's ATT/Yahoo.  

PaulEscolar wrote:

aww that sucks.

Message 21 of 25
Expert

spd2demun wrote:
Actually the ATT page will come up and then you login with the ATT/Yahoo registered ID info.  
Once you have logged in to any Starbucks, the ATT page will come up automatically and connect when you are in range at a Starbucks (like the parking lot where I hang out to drink...OK, that didn't come out right, LOL!).  You still have to use the ATT/Yahoo login.
Unless they have changed something recently, there is no Starbucks page that comes up, it's ATT/Yahoo.  

PaulEscolar wrote:

aww that sucks.

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."

Message 22 of 25
Contributor

We just tried the starbucks this week and our master account login didn't work.  no assistance from u-verse support- probably the Philipines, who had no idea about the starbucks wi-fi. 

confirming that it is still the master account login and password.

Message 23 of 25
Mentor

Hate to admit it, but since this is not the "u-verse" service that is delivered to your house, att mobility may be of more assistance with these issues.  I personally havent heard anything about it, but my techie insides say to use the master account and password. 

just my 2c 

Message 24 of 25
Expert

Miah is correct...call that number and they can look at your situation remotely and find out why you can't connect.  I had that happen at first and it was because my IP wasn't releasing. 
You should be taken to an orange/blue page to login at ATT when you try at Starbucks. There is a small box that you must check to agree to the Terms after you type your username/password, but you probably saw that.

dreese54 wrote:

We just tried the starbucks this week and our master account login didn't work.  no assistance from u-verse support- probably the Philipines, who had no idea about the starbucks wi-fi. 

confirming that it is still the master account login and password.

Message 25 of 25
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support