Sound in set lower for uverse box

Tutor

Sound in set lower for uverse box

Hi All

so when the uverse was installed in my house, the tech setup the uverse rmote to control the tv on off and volume function.

BUt the volmue coming out of the uverse box seems set to low. as when i switch between the urvese box and my games system or the media streamer the volume jumps and is mega louds.

Is there a way to set the volume level coming out of teh uverse box?

Ww

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Sound in set lower for uverse box

If your stb is connected to the tv using the coax output the audio is definitely lower.  If you connect the stb to your tv using one of the other outputs like composite, svhs, or component.  Then you can use the red and white audio outputs to connect the stb to your tv.  Not only will the audio be louder but it will be stereo as well.

Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Sound in set lower for uverse box

wildwill wrote:

Hi All

so when the uverse was installed in my house, the tech setup the uverse rmote to control the tv on off and volume function.

BUt the volmue coming out of the uverse box seems set to low. as when i switch between the urvese box and my games system or the media streamer the volume jumps and is mega louds.

Is there a way to set the volume level coming out of teh uverse box?

Ww

Use this routine to get the DVR/STB volume all the way up to 25:

http://utalk.att.com/t5/Equipment/HOW-TO-GUIDES-INSTRUCTIONS-AND-BASIC-TROUBLESHOOTING/m-p/4826?view...

After doing this, the volume will as high as Uverse can provide, good luck. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support