Sound cuts out when credits roll

Mentor

Sound cuts out when credits roll

I searched and didn't find it so forgive me if this has been posted before.

When watching anything On Demand for HBO, be it a tv series or movie, the sound cuts out when the credits start rolling. This has been going on for as long as we've had U-Verse, nearly two and a half years now. When I call to report it, I get a response along the lines of "the techs know about the problem, they're working on it..."

It's not a big deal, but it is a bit annoying. It happens on all 4 receivers/TVs we have.

Message 1 of 9
Expert

Re: Sound cuts out when credits roll

I subscribe to HBO, but I Showtime, Starz, Encore, and TMC.  When I watch vod movies they playback all the way through with no audio cutting out when credits roll.  Thats a new one for me.
Message 2 of 9
Expert

I've never seen/heard that either, not to say it isn't happening there though. :smileysad:
Message 3 of 9
Master

Be sure and let us know what is found I also never heard this on any service and can not even speculate what it is although I have seen issues

when trailers are previewed in stereo right before a movie starts that is in DD5.1. 

Message 4 of 9
Contributor

I also experience this issue. I've had U-Verse for about 3 weeks and have been a bit disappointed with the intermittent sound loss. It occurs with HBO and I have also notice it on normal network stations as well.
Message 5 of 9
Mentor

It happens to me on Entourage. My guess is they don't want to pay the fee to play the music.

I assume they only paid the royalty to play it once or maybe twice.

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Mentor

I have had Uverse for a couple of years and noticed this started happening on movies in On Demand a few months ago. Frankly I have not reported it as I just haven't had the time to mess with support. It is a bit irritating.

Message 7 of 9
Scholar

Interesting.  I've seen something like this on regular stations.  There are a few car commercials that cut from live action to a static screen with a few words and plain background ("$199 a month for 60 months").  The sound will cut for a second or two, then come back. 

I see it as an IPTV coding/decoding issue.  This may be different than what the VoD problem is.

Message 8 of 9
Expert

I would suggest calling cs for those issues but I don't know that they could tell you what to do being it is a vod issue.  But if you like feel free to call them.  Maybe they can get you to someone who can give you an answer.  But then the answer may or may not resolve the issue.  I'm just sayin.

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support