Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 13, 2011
8:32:21 AM
View profile
Slow single-file download speeds, but overall speeds are normal. Why?
Edited by adster on May 13, 2011 at 8:38:18 AM

Hello U-Verse people!

I just got U-Verse installed less then a week ago, and I'm having issues with it. I have the highest level of U-Verse internet, the Max Plus 24mbps tier. My speed tests are right up there, around 22-23 mbps but by single-file downloads are much slower, to the tune of 500-600k/sec. This is from sources that I used to get much higher speeds from (EDU servers, Microsoft, Apple, Newsgroups, etc.) The funny thing is that I can download multiple files from the same site and they all cap out around that speed if it's just 1 file or 4 files. Clearly, U-Verse isn't maxing out my pipe when I download 1 file, which is what would happen when I was using a Cable modem.

I wanted to add that these speeds are all hard wired to the 3801RG that was provided, no wireless here just yet until this gets fixed.

Any ideas why it would be doing that?

Hello U-Verse people!

I just got U-Verse installed less then a week ago, and I'm having issues with it. I have the highest level of U-Verse internet, the Max Plus 24mbps tier. My speed tests are right up there, around 22-23 mbps but by single-file downloads are much slower, to the tune of 500-600k/sec. This is from sources that I used to get much higher speeds from (EDU servers, Microsoft, Apple, Newsgroups, etc.) The funny thing is that I can download multiple files from the same site and they all cap out around that speed if it's just 1 file or 4 files. Clearly, U-Verse isn't maxing out my pipe when I download 1 file, which is what would happen when I was using a Cable modem.

I wanted to add that these speeds are all hard wired to the 3801RG that was provided, no wireless here just yet until this gets fixed.

Any ideas why it would be doing that?

Slow single-file download speeds, but overall speeds are normal. Why?

[ Edited ]
0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments