Slingbox and my Motorola 1225 DVR- HELP

Tutor

Slingbox and my Motorola 1225 DVR- HELP

Hi,

I can't seem to find the right position of "code" for the IR blasters. I have literally tried every spot on my dvr box, but I can't get any of the sling box codes to work. And let's be honest, the slingbox doesn't really work if you can't get the remote part to work.

Please help me. Where does the IR blaster go? I have read through some forum postings and I think I might just be missing an crucial, but easy step/tip.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (916 Views)
Expert

Re: Slingbox and my Motorola 1225 DVR- HELP

The IR receiver on the Motorola VIP12xx DVRs is on the front, in between the 3 LED lights and the USB port.  It is closer to the USB port.

The IR blaster is very powerful.  Set the blaster back from the unit 2-3 inches if possible.  Also, make sure the blaster and the DVR are both in a relatively dark or shadowed place like inside a cabinet.  If the DVR and/or the blaster is within the footprint of fluorescent lights or sunlight, it will interfere.

Message 2 of 6 (910 Views)
Tutor

Ok- I am trying it.

I have the device selected as other, but should I try one of the listed Motorola devices? And- do you know which code is supposed to work?

Thanks so much for your help.

Message 3 of 6 (906 Views)
Tutor

Yeah, it still didn't work.

I have the IR blasters about 3 inches past the machine, and positioned between the LED lights and the USB.  It is in a dark place on a shelf, and still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong with the configuration (i.e. selecting the device)

Thanks so much

Message 4 of 6 (901 Views)
Tutor

I have also tried to the direct right of the LED lights because that appears to be the IR sensor.

Again, nothing... what am I doing wrong?

Message 5 of 6 (895 Views)
Expert

Make sure of the following:

1. Download the latest SlingPlayer software and install it if you haven't already done so.

2. Select "Cable Box" for the device, "Motorola" for the manufacturer, and "VIP1216" for the model.

This is the way my Slingbox is set up and it works.

Message 6 of 6 (874 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.