Signal stutters, cuts out for a few seconds DVR, HBO HD On Demand, local live

Teacher

Signal stutters, cuts out for a few seconds DVR, HBO HD On Demand, local live

[ Edited ]

have an issue while watching several types of programming.  The first time i noticed it was while watching local programming, particularly NFL games.  What happens is the screen will lag, stutter, chop, or sometimes freeze and lose 5s or so of programming.  I've tried rewinding a short bit and sometimes it will play through, but even when it does I still notice a lag at the same points.  I've also noticed this happening a significant amount of time in 2 other instances.  HD programming recorded on DVR and  played on my upstairs TV that isnt HD.  This happens quite a bit, so much that the programs are nearly unwatchable.  I also notice it while playing HBO HD On Demand.  It may happen on more on demand channels, but this is the one I use the most by far.  I noticed one other thing with it.  In my living room, the tv is hooked up via HDMI and my audio receiver via Digital Optical.  When the screen stops the audio receiver will also show a complete loss of signal.  So it is both the Optical and HDMI having issues.  I've also played HBO HD On Demand on a different HDTV only plugged in via HDMI with no other audio system and I have the exact same issue.  In fact, the program even tends to stutter at the exact same times.  Its almost like it isnt buffering properly.  While I did find many similar issues on this forum, none seem to fit my problem exactly.  I installed the realtime software and don't think this look bad, but then I'm not fully versed in what to expect.

Message 1 of 19 (8,345 Views)
Expert

Re: Signal stutters, cuts out for a few seconds DVR, HBO HD On Demand, local live

prime311 wrote:

Hey Joe! 

Think I'm going to do this, but I wanted to check 1 thing.  Do you think this would correlate to my issue with HBO on demand on the other receivers too?  

Possibly, but it's difficult to tell.

A final possibility is a bad RG, which indeed would affect anything and everything.

Message 16 of 19 (6,605 Views)
Teacher

Re: Signal stutters, cuts out for a few seconds DVR, HBO HD On Demand, local live

Hey just wanted to update you on my status.  I scheduled someone to come in and take a look.  Got a call from AT+T that day and they said the person was running late and asked if i still wanted them to come that day.  I said i did.  I never ended up seeing them.  The next day I get a voice mail asking if my service is fixed.  I'm thinking ??!? no one ever showed up?  I started messing around though and I really haven't seen any issues since then.  So either someone showed up and did something outside or this is one crazy coincidence.  I'm cautiously optimistic at this point, service has been very good.   I did see the issue once but it was really bad not the 'sort of' bad it was before and a reboot fixed that.  So hopefully i am all set, but if I do have any more problems I will let you know.

Message 17 of 19 (6,417 Views)
Contributor

Any updates?  I've been dealing with this issue for months, changed HDMI cables twice, tried swapping my DVR, and still not fixed!  Seems like it goes away for a few weeks/months and then it's real bad again, happening once every couple minutes.  Was really worried it might be my AVR, but I've never had an issue with any other audio/video HDMI source like DVD/Blu-Ray, etc.

Curious if you and/or AT&T was able to do anything to make this right, thanks so much!

Message 18 of 19 (6,012 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Contact David by clicking on the hyperlink in my sig.  He is a premesis tech who has helped a lot of people.  Send him your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.

Message 19 of 19 (6,002 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.