Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 14, 2011
8:52:17 PM
Shows gone and record light flashing

I have been having issues with my U-verse since it was hooked up over 2 months ago (14 techs later, it is running).  Anyway, The last time they were out here, which was yesterday, the tech installed a new line outside.  Cable had been out for 3 days before that.  After he restarted the gateway, cable and internet are up and running again.  However, all of the shows that were on the dvr are now missing!!!  And even worse, although it is showing that a show is scheduled to record, it doesn't.  I have even tried to just record a show while I am watching it and all that happens in a red blinking record light. 

Let me say that after day 1 of no service this time, it came back on for about 2 hrs and during that 2 hrs I was able to view and watch dvr'ed shows on the main dvr box but they wouldn't show up on any other boxes.  Now they aren't showing up anywhere.  I also can't pause live tv now.

I tried to call tech support and got the same basic answers of "I see, ok, I understand, and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience" all of which is a bunch of crap!  The girl last night told me that the modem wasn't synced to the inside gateway yet and that when the tech comes back out in a few days (I was never told he had to come back) that it should be fixed.

Is there anything that I can do to try and get my shows to show up?  Or even to be able to record again?  ( I have tried holding down the power button already)

Thanks,

Christine

I have been having issues with my U-verse since it was hooked up over 2 months ago (14 techs later, it is running).  Anyway, The last time they were out here, which was yesterday, the tech installed a new line outside.  Cable had been out for 3 days before that.  After he restarted the gateway, cable and internet are up and running again.  However, all of the shows that were on the dvr are now missing!!!  And even worse, although it is showing that a show is scheduled to record, it doesn't.  I have even tried to just record a show while I am watching it and all that happens in a red blinking record light. 

Let me say that after day 1 of no service this time, it came back on for about 2 hrs and during that 2 hrs I was able to view and watch dvr'ed shows on the main dvr box but they wouldn't show up on any other boxes.  Now they aren't showing up anywhere.  I also can't pause live tv now.

I tried to call tech support and got the same basic answers of "I see, ok, I understand, and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience" all of which is a bunch of crap!  The girl last night told me that the modem wasn't synced to the inside gateway yet and that when the tech comes back out in a few days (I was never told he had to come back) that it should be fixed.

Is there anything that I can do to try and get my shows to show up?  Or even to be able to record again?  ( I have tried holding down the power button already)

Thanks,

Christine

Shows gone and record light flashing

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 10:41:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Shows gone and record light flashing

2 of 5 (1,696 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 12:43:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
Chris,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I did a hard reboot of the DVR box and had no luck. Nothing is showing up yet and still can't record.
Should I do a reset of the gateway again? I'm so afraid to do that with all the past issues I have had but will try anything at this point.....tired of watching television shows on the computer!

-Christine
Chris,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I did a hard reboot of the DVR box and had no luck. Nothing is showing up yet and still can't record.
Should I do a reset of the gateway again? I'm so afraid to do that with all the past issues I have had but will try anything at this point.....tired of watching television shows on the computer!

-Christine

3 of 5 (1,688 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 11:26:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Unluckily I think the recordings are gone if they didn't come back after the hard reboot.  Only other thing you can try is the disaster recovery (and that does erase all the recordings Smiley Mad ).  It sounds like the DVR may be bad w/blinking record lite.  

I'd contact David and his tier2 team here:

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Follow the directions under TROUBLES w/UVerse or install problems and hopefully they will solve your DVR problem, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Unluckily I think the recordings are gone if they didn't come back after the hard reboot.  Only other thing you can try is the disaster recovery (and that does erase all the recordings Smiley Mad ).  It sounds like the DVR may be bad w/blinking record lite.  

I'd contact David and his tier2 team here:

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Follow the directions under TROUBLES w/UVerse or install problems and hopefully they will solve your DVR problem, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (1,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 12:08:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

Chris,

Thanks for replying again.  As I received your reply, I was on the phone with TS.  This time they told me that since there was a new line installed outside the gateway and outside modem are not in sync?   Is this an actual problem?

I am just trying to find all answers before doing a disaster recovery.  I will email David also.

Thanks again,

Christine

Chris,

Thanks for replying again.  As I received your reply, I was on the phone with TS.  This time they told me that since there was a new line installed outside the gateway and outside modem are not in sync?   Is this an actual problem?

I am just trying to find all answers before doing a disaster recovery.  I will email David also.

Thanks again,

Christine

5 of 5 (1,663 Views)