Shows I DVR-ed I taped to watch

Highlighted
Contributor

Shows I DVR-ed I taped to watch

So, can someone explain WHERE all my DVR shows disappeared to and WHY? we had a rains storm the night before. Is this going to happen EVERY time it rains? Um, that's why I left satellite; I was led to believe this was better than satellite! While I'm here. Why IS it that the company that "serves" the majority of Americans can't possibly provide me with a digital phone signal in my home----unless naturally I PAY for yet another At&T product to "supplement" my signal? Yet, every other mobile company is able to provide coverage? Oh--and I live near a large R&D community and am surrounded by signal towers.
Message 1 of 3 (511 Views)
Expert

Re: Shows I DVR-ed I taped to watch

Do a hard boot of your dvr by unplugging the ac cable for 30 seonds and reconnect it.  After it reboots check and see if your recordings show up.  No, this is not what happens when there is bad weather.  It is possible your home took a power surge and it could have affected the dvr.  Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Message 2 of 3 (511 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Shows I DVR-ed I taped to watch

Taprilg wrote:
So, can someone explain WHERE all my DVR shows disappeared to and WHY? we had a rains storm the night before. Is this going to happen EVERY time it rains? Um, that's why I left satellite; I was led to believe this was better than satellite! While I'm here. Why IS it that the company that "serves" the majority of Americans can't possibly provide me with a digital phone signal in my home----unless naturally I PAY for yet another At&T product to "supplement" my signal? Yet, every other mobile company is able to provide coverage? Oh--and I live near a large R&D community and am surrounded by signal towers.

Rainfall, storms and so on should not cause you to lose your recorded programs.  I doubt doing a reboot will bring them back.  If they aren't there, they aren't there.  I have had heard of some folks who lose programs on their DVR but I never have.  The friends that told us about U-Verse did have some issues losing programs early on (early 2008) but we have determined that the CSR was doing a factory restore and not a simple restart.

A power surge could be it.  I really don't know.  i'd call the # in my signature, below.  You will get connected with a tech.

As for the rest of your post.  Mobile?  Towers?  What does that have to do with U-Verse?  U-Verse does not offer mobile products.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (511 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.