Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 6, 2010
5:54:49 PM
Should I use ATT virus protection? What do they use? Is it included in the internet package?
I currently have Microsoft Live One Care and it rules! Very well done. Too bad there stopping it in 6 months. Is att macafee or norton or what? I know those programs eat up space, memory, and speed. Please let me know what I should do. Thank you.
I currently have Microsoft Live One Care and it rules! Very well done. Too bad there stopping it in 6 months. Is att macafee or norton or what? I know those programs eat up space, memory, and speed. Please let me know what I should do. Thank you.

Should I use ATT virus protection? What do they use? Is it included in the internet package?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 6:05:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

UV promotes McAfee internet security suite and it's free by the way as long as you are subscribed to the internet package. Just log on to either uverse.att.com or att.my.yahoo.com to download the software.

UV promotes McAfee internet security suite and it's free by the way as long as you are subscribed to the internet package. Just log on to either uverse.att.com or att.my.yahoo.com to download the software.

Re: Should I use ATT virus protection? What do they use? Is it included in the internet package?

2 of 9 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 6:10:21 PM
(0)
Guru

Yeah.. McAfee. Its free for a year.

Yeah.. McAfee. Its free for a year.

Re: Should I use ATT virus protection? What do they use? Is it included in the internet package?

3 of 9 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 7:32:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

There is a Microsoft Security Essential (MSE).  It is free.  If you like Live One Care, then you might want to try that.

I am using the AT&T provided McAfee, and it is doing fine too.

There is a Microsoft Security Essential (MSE).  It is free.  If you like Live One Care, then you might want to try that.

I am using the AT&T provided McAfee, and it is doing fine too.

4 of 9 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 4:41:54 AM
(0)
Scholar
I use Microsoft Security Essentials. I've used OneCare in the past, and MSE is similar to it (and free).
I use Microsoft Security Essentials. I've used OneCare in the past, and MSE is similar to it (and free).

5 of 9 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 5:00:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I ran the free McAfee Suite on my 8 yo desktop but it's a resource hog and that machine ran slow anyway.  Firefox crashed constantly.

I got a new laptop for X-mas which came w/Norton free for 6 months.  I was told by someone in the know (UV customer) to dump the Norton, DO NOT download the free McAfee and go with MSE, which I will eventually do.  

I ran the free McAfee Suite on my 8 yo desktop but it's a resource hog and that machine ran slow anyway.  Firefox crashed constantly.

I got a new laptop for X-mas which came w/Norton free for 6 months.  I was told by someone in the know (UV customer) to dump the Norton, DO NOT download the free McAfee and go with MSE, which I will eventually do.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 7:16:11 AM
(0)
Professor
I'm also using MSE and it seems to work just fine for me.
I'm also using MSE and it seems to work just fine for me.

7 of 9 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 1:49:19 PM
(0)
Guru
Another vote for MSE. I was also a OneCare user but switched to MSE upon upgrading to W7 (which does not support OneCare). I tried the free McAfee suite but removed it for performance reasons. 
Another vote for MSE. I was also a OneCare user but switched to MSE upon upgrading to W7 (which does not support OneCare). I tried the free McAfee suite but removed it for performance reasons. 

8 of 9 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 5:29:23 PM
(0)
Guru
Thanks guys! I recently found out through a live one care tech that they are extended for free 6 mos. of live one svc. and then transitioning to Microsoft security essentials. There doing this because of Windows 7 and had to change the app. thanks again.
Thanks guys! I recently found out through a live one care tech that they are extended for free 6 mos. of live one svc. and then transitioning to Microsoft security essentials. There doing this because of Windows 7 and had to change the app. thanks again.

9 of 9 (804 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments