Helpful Links

Service dropping intermittently

Tutor

Service dropping intermittently

Over the past couple of weeks we have been having intermittent drops of service.  The picture on the screen freezes and then when the service reconnects everything goes on like nothing happened.  During these drops the internet connection wont work, but my computer shows that it is still connected.  These outages usually only last about 30secs to a minute, but in the past few days we have had a couple that last an hour or more.  During the longer outages, the computer connection drops eventually.

I talked to a tech and she said we may be getting a weak signal to the house.  She has dispatched a line tech for Monday.  I just want to find out if there is anything I can try before then to see if that may not be the issue.

Message 1 of 16
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Service dropping intermittently

Given that it comes and goes, yeah, that's my humble opinion.  That and a couple of dollars may get you a cup of coffee. Smiley Wink

Of course it might be a failing card in the VRAD, or a temperature sensitive connection in the VRAD, crossconnect or in the pedestal, or....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 16
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support