Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 13, 2008
4:55:21 PM
View profile
Series Will not record if set to "First Run"

Is anyone else having problems getting a series to record if they set it to "First Run Only"?  I have two series, ER and Knight Rider in particular that will not record if I set the series to first run.  I tried both SD and HD.  As soon as  I set it to include repeats it picks them up.

Is this a guide issue?  If so how do you log a complaint?  Is this possibly only a problem in the Grand Rapids MI area?

Is anyone else having problems getting a series to record if they set it to "First Run Only"?  I have two series, ER and Knight Rider in particular that will not record if I set the series to first run.  I tried both SD and HD.  As soon as  I set it to include repeats it picks them up.

Is this a guide issue?  If so how do you log a complaint?  Is this possibly only a problem in the Grand Rapids MI area?

Series Will not record if set to "First Run"

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2008 6:21:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I live in Detroit and I record those shows weekly without any of those issues.  Maybe a call to ts is in order.  Have you tried doing a soft or hard reboot of the dvr stb?  Wouldn't hurt anything to try that but it could solve the problem.  Just a thought.
I live in Detroit and I record those shows weekly without any of those issues.  Maybe a call to ts is in order.  Have you tried doing a soft or hard reboot of the dvr stb?  Wouldn't hurt anything to try that but it could solve the problem.  Just a thought.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Series Will not record if set to "First Run"

2 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2008 7:23:32 AM
(0)
Mentor
I called TS and they sent someone out to look at it.  They swapped out the box and that didn't change anything...Is there any place to check to see if it's the Guide?
I called TS and they sent someone out to look at it.  They swapped out the box and that didn't change anything...Is there any place to check to see if it's the Guide?

3 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2008 11:12:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I don't think it is the guide but anything is possible.  If you set it to record reruns and first runs you will get more recordings than you want but it will record the first runs.  Then just delete the recordings you don't want.  This is not meant as a solution to this problem but the only other alternative is to remember to setup the recordings on a weekly or daily basis.  Wish I could tell you something that would simplify the process.
I don't think it is the guide but anything is possible.  If you set it to record reruns and first runs you will get more recordings than you want but it will record the first runs.  Then just delete the recordings you don't want.  This is not meant as a solution to this problem but the only other alternative is to remember to setup the recordings on a weekly or daily basis.  Wish I could tell you something that would simplify the process.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2008 6:55:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I have 24 set as a series record first run only.  I just checked to see if 24 is scheduled to record and it is and it is also still set to record 5 minutes longer. 
I have 24 set as a series record first run only.  I just checked to see if 24 is scheduled to record and it is and it is also still set to record 5 minutes longer. 

5 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2008 7:16:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

I have about 10 other shows set to record first runs only, they record fine.  It's just these two shows that won't.  These two shows are on NBC, but I have other shows on NBC that record just fine. 

I have about 10 other shows set to record first runs only, they record fine.  It's just these two shows that won't.  These two shows are on NBC, but I have other shows on NBC that record just fine. 

6 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2008 9:36:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
That is another anomally that hopefully UV will glet worked out very soon.
That is another anomally that hopefully UV will glet worked out very soon.

7 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2008 9:44:25 AM
(0)
Mentor

So is this a known issue then?  I never heard back from T2 about it.  He said he was going to look into it with his guy, but it ended there.

Finally heard back from T2. 

"I have also been researching the TV shows not allowing you to select first run only and the best answer I have gotten from any of the team leads on this issue is that it is a network issue (meaning that it is the actual info we get from nbc along with the show feeds they pipe in to our system).  I am sorry I don't have a better answer for you but I have been searching for a solution and have not come across any yet."

Message Edited by spratke on 11-24-2008 04:21 PM

So is this a known issue then?  I never heard back from T2 about it.  He said he was going to look into it with his guy, but it ended there.

Finally heard back from T2. 

"I have also been researching the TV shows not allowing you to select first run only and the best answer I have gotten from any of the team leads on this issue is that it is a network issue (meaning that it is the actual info we get from nbc along with the show feeds they pipe in to our system).  I am sorry I don't have a better answer for you but I have been searching for a solution and have not come across any yet."

Message Edited by spratke on 11-24-2008 04:21 PM

8 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2008 9:55:45 AM
(0)
Contributor
I have the same thing happening with ER.  No solution, just thought I'd post to let you know it's not just you.  Let me know if you find the solution!
I have the same thing happening with ER.  No solution, just thought I'd post to let you know it's not just you.  Let me know if you find the solution!

9 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2008 6:23:20 PM
(0)
Guru

sportsmedic1 wrote:

Yeah I got burned by ER last week as well.  Nnnggghhhh.

sportsmedic1 wrote:

Yeah I got burned by ER last week as well.  Nnnggghhhh.

10 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2008 8:25:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Fore some first run works great for others it doesn't.  YRMV.
Fore some first run works great for others it doesn't.  YRMV.

11 of 12 (183 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2008 5:08:23 AM
(0)
Mentor
Where is everyone at that is having the problem?  I'm in Grand Rapids, MI
Where is everyone at that is having the problem?  I'm in Grand Rapids, MI