Helpful Links

Saving to flash drive via USB port

Contributor

Saving to flash drive via USB port

Was wondering about how to save anything that is on the hardrive? see that there is a usb port, is there a way to save to a flash drive?

thanks

Michael

Message 1 of 11
Master

Re: Saving to flash drive via USB port

No, that isn't functional right now at all.
Message 2 of 11
Tutor

So, what is the USB port good for?
Message 3 of 11
Professor

They are not functional for Uverse. You can try charging your cell phone or any other USB powered item with your STB.

The STB's are off the shelf Motorola units and were not made specifically for Uverse and they came with a USB port. Will AT&T allow USB transfers to be activated in the future? We don't know.

Message 4 of 11
Contributor

I can tell you that U-Verse could use a little more training for their tech support folks.

I called with an unrelated issue and while waiting for the DVR to reboot I asked about the USB port.

She said that I could hook up my PC and watch whatever I was watching on my laptop on my TV.

She also said that I could control the menus with a USB keyboard.

No wonder there's confusion. The people you call for answers provide false information!

This is my first week with U-Verse and I'm feeling a little less than confident.

Message 5 of 11
Guru

jameslgalbraith wrote:

I can tell you that U-Verse could use a little more training for their tech support folks.

I called with an unrelated issue and while waiting for the DVR to reboot I asked about the USB port.

She said that I could hook up my PC and watch whatever I was watching on my laptop on my TV.

She also said that I could control the menus with a USB keyboard.

No wonder there's confusion. The people you call for answers provide false information!

This is my first week with U-Verse and I'm feeling a little less than confident.

First-line support is fairly clueless, but I experienced similar cluelessness on DirecTV, Dish, and Comcast.  They're not the people to ask if the question is even slightly complex.

Message 6 of 11
Guru

These will work in the USB port http://www.frys.com/product/5187576?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 7 of 11
Scholar

the usb port on the front is designed for the RF remote that can be purchased online at 

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=&q_sku=sku3950253&q_manufacturer=&q_mod...

Message 8 of 11
Mentor

houston wrote:

the usb port on the front is designed for the RF remote that can be purchased online at 

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=&q_sku=sku3950253&q_manufacturer=&q_mod...

You beat me to it.

As far as I have seen, this remote is the only thing that will work on the USB. I have heard, and dont know if there is any truth to it, that there is a little LCD clock that you can or could get for it. As for the RF remote, just an FYI. I have only seen one of these working, and it seemed to only work correctly up to about 30' away through a regular non insulated sheetrock wall. Might have just been the one, but that is all I have seen, so thats all I could compare.

Message 9 of 11
Mentor

Kong57 wrote:

These will work in the USB port http://www.frys.com/product/5187576?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Proof?  nevermind.

Message 10 of 11
Tutor

Wow, that's sad if she told you that.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support