Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 17, 2009
8:53:01 PM
View profile
Saving to flash drive via USB port

Was wondering about how to save anything that is on the hardrive? see that there is a usb port, is there a way to save to a flash drive?

thanks

Michael

Was wondering about how to save anything that is on the hardrive? see that there is a usb port, is there a way to save to a flash drive?

thanks

Michael

Saving to flash drive via USB port

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2009 8:56:52 PM
(0)
Master
No, that isn't functional right now at all.
No, that isn't functional right now at all.

Re: Saving to flash drive via USB port

2 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2009 11:58:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
So, what is the USB port good for?
So, what is the USB port good for?

3 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2009 3:55:19 AM
(0)
Professor
They are not functional for Uverse. You can try charging your cell phone or any other USB powered item with your STB.

The STB's are off the shelf Motorola units and were not made specifically for Uverse and they came with a USB port. Will AT&T allow USB transfers to be activated in the future? We don't know.

They are not functional for Uverse. You can try charging your cell phone or any other USB powered item with your STB.

The STB's are off the shelf Motorola units and were not made specifically for Uverse and they came with a USB port. Will AT&T allow USB transfers to be activated in the future? We don't know.

4 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2010 9:46:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

I can tell you that U-Verse could use a little more training for their tech support folks.

I called with an unrelated issue and while waiting for the DVR to reboot I asked about the USB port.

She said that I could hook up my PC and watch whatever I was watching on my laptop on my TV.

She also said that I could control the menus with a USB keyboard.

No wonder there's confusion. The people you call for answers provide false information!

This is my first week with U-Verse and I'm feeling a little less than confident.

I can tell you that U-Verse could use a little more training for their tech support folks.

I called with an unrelated issue and while waiting for the DVR to reboot I asked about the USB port.

She said that I could hook up my PC and watch whatever I was watching on my laptop on my TV.

No wonder there's confusion. The people you call for answers provide false information!

This is my first week with U-Verse and I'm feeling a little less than confident.

5 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2010 12:06:39 PM
(0)
Guru

jameslgalbraith wrote:

First-line support is fairly clueless, but I experienced similar cluelessness on DirecTV, Dish, and Comcast.  They're not the people to ask if the question is even slightly complex.

jameslgalbraith wrote:

First-line support is fairly clueless, but I experienced similar cluelessness on DirecTV, Dish, and Comcast.  They're not the people to ask if the question is even slightly complex.

6 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2010 12:57:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

These will work in the USB port http://www.frys.com/product/5187576?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2010 1:52:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

the usb port on the front is designed for the RF remote that can be purchased online at 

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=&q_sku=sku3950253&q_manufacturer=&q_mod...

the usb port on the front is designed for the RF remote that can be purchased online at 

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=&q_sku=sku3950253&q_manufacturer=&q_model=

8 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2010 3:45:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

houston wrote:

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=&q_sku=sku3950253&q_manufacturer=&q_mod...

You beat me to it.

As far as I have seen, this remote is the only thing that will work on the USB. I have heard, and dont know if there is any truth to it, that there is a little LCD clock that you can or could get for it. As for the RF remote, just an FYI. I have only seen one of these working, and it seemed to only work correctly up to about 30' away through a regular non insulated sheetrock wall. Might have just been the one, but that is all I have seen, so thats all I could compare.

houston wrote:

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=&q_sku=sku3950253&q_manufacturer=&q_model=

You beat me to it.

As far as I have seen, this remote is the only thing that will work on the USB. I have heard, and dont know if there is any truth to it, that there is a little LCD clock that you can or could get for it. As for the RF remote, just an FYI. I have only seen one of these working, and it seemed to only work correctly up to about 30' away through a regular non insulated sheetrock wall. Might have just been the one, but that is all I have seen, so thats all I could compare.

9 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2010 5:47:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

Kong57 wrote:

These will work in the USB port http://www.frys.com/product/5187576?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Proof?  nevermind.

Kong57 wrote:

Proof?  nevermind.

10 of 11 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2010 2:07:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

Wow, that's sad if she told you that.

Wow, that's sad if she told you that.