STB Randomly has no sound

Tutor

STB Randomly has no sound

I am having a small problem with one of my STB and wanted to see if anyone here has experienced this and knows a fix. 

On one (just one) of my non-DVR STB, I will notice that there is no sound about 2-3 times a week when I turn it on. I have read about boxes mysteriously being muted on this forum but I don't think that is the case as nothing says 'MUTE' on screen as it describes in some of the other posts. 

The STB is connected to my Sony LCD TV by HDMI and the picture will still look fine, there is just no sound. The only way that I can get the sound back is to reboot the STB. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (1,268 Views)
Expert

Re: STB Randomly has no sound

You said you reboot the stb and the audio is restored.  Here is a link to instructions on how to program the uverse remote to control the stb volume.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Equipment/Uverse-Remote-goes-into-mysterious-mute-somehow/m-p/2631181#U2631...

Message 2 of 4 (1,255 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the information. I will give that a try the next time this issue occurs and see if that is what is causing the problem.

Message 3 of 4 (1,221 Views)
Expert

YW

Message 4 of 4 (1,173 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.