Review stats with Realtime

Highlighted

Review stats with Realtime

I've been a Uverse sub for three weeks now and I'm enjoying the service.  Although sports is looking a little rough with compression.  I noticed my recommended 32/5 profile is red.  What does that mean?  I've tried to post screenshots, but it's not working.

Message 1 of 16 (1,345 Views)
Expert

Re: Review stats with Realtime

It means that you are on a profile other than the one recommended by the tool.  Are you currently on the 25/2 profile?

Message 2 of 16 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]

The stats from the gateway says 25208 down, 2040 up.

Message 3 of 16 (1,327 Views)
Expert

On the IP/Profile tab, what is your "Profile Rate"?

Message 4 of 16 (1,322 Views)

The profile rate is 25208 down and 2040 up.  The max rate is 59293.

Message 5 of 16 (1,312 Views)
Expert

Sounds like your system can support the higher profile.  You might call Tech Support to see if you can be placed on the higher profile.  The higher profile will allow you to have more HD streams.

Message 6 of 16 (1,311 Views)

That's what I was thinking.  But seeing the recommended profile in red made me wonder if there is a problem with the line.  If I could post the screenshots, that would give you more info.

Message 7 of 16 (1,304 Views)
Expert

The recommended profile in "red" simply means that your current profile is not the recommended one.  There may be no issues with your line.  Are you experiencing any issues with your service?

Message 8 of 16 (1,298 Views)

It all seems to be working fine, but the compression artifacts make me wonder.  I wasn't sure if there were a lot of errors trying to be corrected.

Message 9 of 16 (1,296 Views)
Guru

There are issues that could cause this that are not being caused by the VDSL line.  For instance, if you are using COAX to connect the STB and DVR box and the COAX network is taking errors then you could still have issues even if the VDSL line is clean.

So, if you can... please post screenshots of the IP/Profile, Bitloading, and COAX/HPNA tabs.  That will allow us to be able to get a good look at your current setup.  To take a screenshot, click the "Save Screenshot" button near the top of the program window.  And yes, it does seem like we no longer have the ability to upload images anymore.  Seems weird that we once had this option but not anymore.

Guess I have to chase down a moderator and have it enabled for us again.  Seems we lost the option when the forums were merged. *shakes fist*

In the mean time, you can upload your images to http://imageshack.us and just post links to them in your reply.

Message 10 of 16 (1,228 Views)

I called tech support and I only have access to 2HD/2SD, and they can't upgrade the profile since it's not available in my area.

Here are the links to the screenshots...

http://img253.imageshack.us/i/ipprofile.jpg/

http://img831.imageshack.us/i/coaxhpna.jpg/

http://img168.imageshack.us/i/bitloading.jpg/

I really appreciate you guys taking a look.  Thank you.

Message 11 of 16 (1,000 Views)
Expert

I'm not seeing anything wrong with your stats or your line.  Everything looks good.

Just need to upgrade you to the 32/5 profile so you can get additional HD streams.

You can call technical support using the number in my signature and request they upgrade you to 32/5 profile and 4HD streams (if 4HD is available in your area, otherwise upgrade to 3HD streams).

Message 12 of 16 (996 Views)

Thanks for checking it out.  ATT said that currently, I can only get 2HD/2SD and no other profile was avaialble in my area.  Hopefully that will change soon.

Message 13 of 16 (985 Views)
Employee

There may be areas that are not upgraded yet for the UvProfile11 or 32meg profile.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 14 of 16 (981 Views)
Expert

Tequila Killer wrote:

Thanks for checking it out.  ATT said that currently, I can only get 2HD/2SD and no other profile was avaialble in my area.  Hopefully that will change soon.

Where are you located?

Message 15 of 16 (948 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.