Resetting my Uverse router

Resetting my Uverse router

If try to press and hold the reset button on my Uverse router for 10 seconds, will I need to setup the security password for the router again?

Also, will resetting it affect our Uverse TV and phone?

Message Edited by bloodchains on 09-21-2009 09:34 AM
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Resetting my Uverse router

That's a factory reset and will reset everything, could just unplug for 30 seconds and plug back in and

should keep settings.  RG controls all Uverse devices, when rebooting no services. :smileywink:

Retrain it before you do it:  http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=rg_trainer

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5

So if I unplug it, will everything else go out as well?

UPDATE: I just resetted it with the link that you gave me. The TV and phone went back fine. I'm yet to test the wireless internet on my laptop to see if there aren't any more problems. How come I can't find that link when I go straight to my default gateway's site?

Message Edited by bloodchains on 09-21-2009 05:40 PM
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

Is this where you want to go:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J05&THISPAGE=A02_POST&NEXTPAGE=J05

Need password from RG sticker. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5

I'm not home right now, but yes, I guess that's the one. By the way, after resetting, the wireless internet still times out a lot. Now I don't know what's wrong with it anymore. :smileysad:
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support