Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 24, 2009
5:32:04 AM
View profile
Resetting DVR
I upgraded from the U300 package to the U450.  One STB automatically picked up the added channels.  I reset my second STB and it started picking up the extra channels.  If I reset the DVR (by holding down the power button for 5 to 10 seconds) will this erase anything I have recorded on the DVR?  Will it erase my schedule of shows I want to record?  I'd like to be able to watch all of the channels I am now paying for on all three TVs in the house but I also don't want to lose my recordings or my schedule.
I upgraded from the U300 package to the U450.  One STB automatically picked up the added channels.  I reset my second STB and it started picking up the extra channels.  If I reset the DVR (by holding down the power button for 5 to 10 seconds) will this erase anything I have recorded on the DVR?  Will it erase my schedule of shows I want to record?  I'd like to be able to watch all of the channels I am now paying for on all three TVs in the house but I also don't want to lose my recordings or my schedule.

Resetting DVR

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2009 5:52:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Nope you will be fine doing the reset that way. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Nope you will be fine doing the reset that way. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Resetting DVR

2 of 3 (307 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2009 8:34:53 PM
(0)
Expert
If necessary you can also do a hard reboot of your dvr by unplugging the power cord from the ac outlet for 30 seconds and replug it.  Doint that, you will not lose your recorded programs either. 
If necessary you can also do a hard reboot of your dvr by unplugging the power cord from the ac outlet for 30 seconds and replug it.  Doint that, you will not lose your recorded programs either. 

Re: Resetting DVR

3 of 3 (307 Views)