Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 13, 2009
1:04:46 PM
View profile
Requested an email to send complaint and was sent here...
This
This

Requested an email to send complaint and was sent here...

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2009 1:10:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

okay let me try again, this is the conversation I had on chat.  I really dont want to post this information if I'm only going to get the opinion of "others" and not ATT.  What do you think I should do, I wanted to voice a complaint...

System:   Welcome xxx

System:   Connecting to server. Please wait...

System:   Connection with server established.

You:      Technical Support Topic: U-verse High Speed Internet

System:   Kristian has joined this session!

System:   Connected with Kristian

Kristian: Thank you for contacting U-verse Member Care, my name is Kristian. In order to provide you with excellent service today may I please have the telephone number associated with your account?

You:      xxx

Kristian: Thank you.

Kristian: May I also please have an alternate telephone number where we can reach you just in case there's a need for a follow up on this?

You:      xxx I'm at work right now. All I need is an email address to send a complaint regarding my U-Verse internet service.

Kristian: I do apologize for that,  xx

Kristian: What seems to be going on? Maybe I can help you with it.

You:      The issue, after 2 months, has been resolved, I would like to give someone the breakdown of all the happenings that resulted in my frustration.

Kristian: I can’t imagine how that must feel.

Kristian: If you want to tell me, I’d be grateful to learn more about why you feel that way.

Kristian: I understand.

Kristian: Is your VPN also connected to your phone line, ?

You:      What is my VPN?

Kristian: I am sorry about this,  xxx

Kristian: I mistyped it.

Kristian: Like what I've told you, tell me more about how you feel. and, I'll be here for you.

You:      I'd rather send the email I've already drafted. I was told by a supervisor with technical support I would receive an emailed survey to rate the service after my calls and have never received one. That would have given me a way to reach someone at ATT, is this the only way? Is there not a general email I can send a complaint or comment to someone that will pass on the information to the proper department?

Kristian: I see.

Kristian: Thank you for addressing this concern.

Kristian: Here is a link that you can visit.

Kristian: Kristian pushes page, http://helpme.att.net

Kristian: Please enter the Forum link that you can find from there.

Kristian: Please enter the Forum. Other members are also in their to ventilate their concerns. Our Management are checking on it from time to time. And there, you're concern will be recognized and be taken into action.

You:      Really? You want me to post this to a forum? Wow.

Kristian: The Administrator for the forum is from ATT Management.

You:      where on this help and support page is the link to the forum?

Kristian: I got it from you, .

Kristian: Kristian pushes page, http://utalk.att.com/utalk/

You:      Thanks. I'll post my email there...

Kristian: Again, I apologize that this happened.

Kristian: I know how frustrating this can be.

Kristian: Situation like this are very frustrating for me, too.

You:      Thanks, I'll do what you suggest.

Kristian: Thank you, too, for being patient with me.

Kristian: Is there anything else that I can assist further?

You:      No thank you.

Kristian: All right.

Kristian: Again, this has been Kristian, and thank you for choosing ATT Uverse Services.

okay let me try again, this is the conversation I had on chat.  I really dont want to post this information if I'm only going to get the opinion of "others" and not ATT.  What do you think I should do, I wanted to voice a complaint...

System:   Welcome xxx

System:   Connecting to server. Please wait...

System:   Connection with server established.

You:      Technical Support Topic: U-verse High Speed Internet

System:   Kristian has joined this session!

System:   Connected with Kristian

Kristian: Thank you for contacting U-verse Member Care, my name is Kristian. In order to provide you with excellent service today may I please have the telephone number associated with your account?

You:      xxx

Kristian: Thank you.

Kristian: May I also please have an alternate telephone number where we can reach you just in case there's a need for a follow up on this?

You:      xxx I'm at work right now. All I need is an email address to send a complaint regarding my U-Verse internet service.

Kristian: I do apologize for that,  xx

Kristian: What seems to be going on? Maybe I can help you with it.

You:      The issue, after 2 months, has been resolved, I would like to give someone the breakdown of all the happenings that resulted in my frustration.

Kristian: I can’t imagine how that must feel.

Kristian: If you want to tell me, I’d be grateful to learn more about why you feel that way.

Kristian: I understand.

Kristian: Is your VPN also connected to your phone line, ?

You:      What is my VPN?

Kristian: I am sorry about this,  xxx

Kristian: I mistyped it.

Kristian: Like what I've told you, tell me more about how you feel. and, I'll be here for you.

You:      I'd rather send the email I've already drafted. I was told by a supervisor with technical support I would receive an emailed survey to rate the service after my calls and have never received one. That would have given me a way to reach someone at ATT, is this the only way? Is there not a general email I can send a complaint or comment to someone that will pass on the information to the proper department?

Kristian: I see.

Kristian: Thank you for addressing this concern.

Kristian: Here is a link that you can visit.

Kristian: Kristian pushes page, http://helpme.att.net

Kristian: Please enter the Forum link that you can find from there.

Kristian: Please enter the Forum. Other members are also in their to ventilate their concerns. Our Management are checking on it from time to time. And there, you're concern will be recognized and be taken into action.

You:      Really? You want me to post this to a forum? Wow.

Kristian: The Administrator for the forum is from ATT Management.

You:      where on this help and support page is the link to the forum?

Kristian: I got it from you, .

Kristian: Kristian pushes page, http://utalk.att.com/utalk/

You:      Thanks. I'll post my email there...

Kristian: Again, I apologize that this happened.

Kristian: I know how frustrating this can be.

Kristian: Situation like this are very frustrating for me, too.

You:      Thanks, I'll do what you suggest.

Kristian: Thank you, too, for being patient with me.

Kristian: Is there anything else that I can assist further?

You:      No thank you.

Kristian: All right.

Kristian: Again, this has been Kristian, and thank you for choosing ATT Uverse Services.

Re: Requested an email to send complaint and was sent here...

2 of 7 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2009 2:39:17 PM
(0)
Master

Sbeebee wrote:

Being that this is a peer to peer forum, the opinions posted will be from the "others" you don't want to hear from.

AT&T people may monitor this forum from time to time, but they do not generally, as far as I know, respond to individual problems.

If you are a Uverse subscriber, log in to your account and go to support and send an email from there. You will most likely get an auto response back from them and you can then reply again to that email, but there are no guarantees you will get a reply at all to your email.

https://uverse1.att.com/un/launchAMSS.do?target_action=landingPage

If you are not logged in to your Uverse account, the email will not go thru, at least it doesn't for me. :smileywink:

Sbeebee wrote:

Being that this is a peer to peer forum, the opinions posted will be from the "others" you don't want to hear from.

AT&T people may monitor this forum from time to time, but they do not generally, as far as I know, respond to individual problems.

If you are a Uverse subscriber, log in to your account and go to support and send an email from there. You will most likely get an auto response back from them and you can then reply again to that email, but there are no guarantees you will get a reply at all to your email.

https://uverse1.att.com/un/launchAMSS.do?target_action=landingPage

If you are not logged in to your Uverse account, the email will not go thru, at least it doesn't for me. :smileywink:

3 of 7 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2009 3:03:21 PM
(0)
Mentor

If you can't resolve this using 800-288-2020  follow the link below to a page on  UverseUsers.com , where there is a way to contact an AT&T Technician named David who may be able to help. But first carefully read his 12/03/08 update and have the information ready (as he recommends):

" As of late what the powers that help me would like to see would be an attempt to contact the 1-800-288-2020 line before engaging us. Please give this an attempt before e-mailing us. If they do not respond please include any ticket numbers, and times you called the phone number (-2020) and what they did. This will make our case for opening tickets against them stronger”

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david 

I'd also suggest you register on the site and join the forum. It and Utalk are both excellent resources for Uverse questions and ssues.

Message Edited by catchtwentytwo on 02-13-2009 06:03 PM
Message Edited by catchtwentytwo on 02-13-2009 06:07 PM

If you can't resolve this using 800-288-2020  follow the link below to a page on  UverseUsers.com , where there is a way to contact an AT&T Technician named David who may be able to help. But first carefully read his 12/03/08 update and have the information ready (as he recommends):

" As of late what the powers that help me would like to see would be an attempt to contact the 1-800-288-2020 line before engaging us. Please give this an attempt before e-mailing us. If they do not respond please include any ticket numbers, and times you called the phone number (-2020) and what they did. This will make our case for opening tickets against them stronger”

I'd also suggest you register on the site and join the forum. It and Utalk are both excellent resources for Uverse questions and ssues.

Message Edited by catchtwentytwo on 02-13-2009 06:03 PM

4 of 7 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2009 3:08:27 PM
(0)
Master

catchtwentytwo wrote:

" As of late what the powers that help me would like to see would be an attempt to contact the 1-800-288-2020 line before engaging us. Please give this an attempt before e-mailing us. If they do not respond please include any ticket numbers, and times you called the phone number (-2020) and what they did. This will make our case for opening tickets against them stronger."

I did not suggest David because in the transcript it states that the problem was resolved and they just wanted to email someone and let them know what had transpired.

I didn't feel David was the one to contact in this case. :smileywink:

catchtwentytwo wrote:

" As of late what the powers that help me would like to see would be an attempt to contact the 1-800-288-2020 line before engaging us. Please give this an attempt before e-mailing us. If they do not respond please include any ticket numbers, and times you called the phone number (-2020) and what they did. This will make our case for opening tickets against them stronger."

I did not suggest David because in the transcript it states that the problem was resolved and they just wanted to email someone and let them know what had transpired.

I didn't feel David was the one to contact in this case. :smileywink:

5 of 7 (507 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2009 3:14:22 PM
(0)
Mentor
Point taken. Have a great weekend!:smileyhappy:
Point taken. Have a great weekend!:smileyhappy:

6 of 7 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2009 10:25:55 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for the advise, I used the link for the email to support and will see if I get a reply that way.  I won't call the 800# back considering I have spent what seems like a good portion of my life on that line.  This is part of my concern/complaint that even if I go to level 2 support and get a supervisor, they spend all of their time telling me how sorry they are and understand my frustration, very scripted, when I haven't even had the chance to tell them WHY I'm so frustrated.  I was even given the name and ID number of a supervisor, told to call the 800# back and ask for her personally and that I would not have to talk to anyone else that was not aware of my issues, but that was a dead end, no one knows who she is or how to reach her, even with her ID#.  This is just a small portion of my of run arounds, but again, thanks for the suggestions.
Thanks for the advise, I used the link for the email to support and will see if I get a reply that way.  I won't call the 800# back considering I have spent what seems like a good portion of my life on that line.  This is part of my concern/complaint that even if I go to level 2 support and get a supervisor, they spend all of their time telling me how sorry they are and understand my frustration, very scripted, when I haven't even had the chance to tell them WHY I'm so frustrated.  I was even given the name and ID number of a supervisor, told to call the 800# back and ask for her personally and that I would not have to talk to anyone else that was not aware of my issues, but that was a dead end, no one knows who she is or how to reach her, even with her ID#.  This is just a small portion of my of run arounds, but again, thanks for the suggestions.

7 of 7 (507 Views)