Helpful Links

Replacement Logitech Remote

Mentor

Replacement Logitech Remote

I currently have a Logitech Harmony H659 remote. For some reason it don't work all that well with uverse. Its seems like its a lot slower, I can't enter the channel number fast enough before it changes.

So Im shopping for a new Logitech remote. Can anyone recommend one that's works with the uverse system? I don't want to spend the $$$ and find out the new one don't work either,

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 17
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Replacement Logitech Remote

I have been very happy with the 900.  It is pricey, but check out Amazon for a good buy.

Ron

Message 2 of 17

I am using the Harmony 900 and am having no difficulties with it at all.  Before this model I was using the 880 which worked very well also.

Message 3 of 17

You should post the question over at the Logitech forum.  I think the remote can be tweaked to send commands at different rates.

Message 4 of 17
Mentor

Thanks everyone. Im eyeing the Logitech Harmony One, any one using one of these with uverse?

Message 5 of 17
Master

Jessme wrote:

Thanks everyone. Im eyeing the Logitech Harmony One, any one using one of these with uverse?

My next door neighbor has the One and it seems to work very well with his equipment and Uverse.

Message 6 of 17
Guru

Yep, I have the Harmony One remote and it works wonderfully with uVerse's equipment.

Message 7 of 17
ACE - Expert

When you are entering the channel number is it manual? Or, do you have a button programed to spit out the numbers?

If it is automatic can't you adjust the speed?

In either case is the STB a DVR? If it is a DVR it may not be a problem with the remote.

I have a Harmony 700 that works as well as the original U-verse DVR.

I get better results with automatically sending a four digit channel number from the harmony than I get on a manual entry with the U-verse remote.

I did not want to spend the money for the Harmony, but I am glad that I did. It is way better.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 17
Scholar

I have a Logitech Harmony 650 and do not have any problem controlling my Sony Bravia TV, DVR and home theater system. Before the 650 I had a Harmony 550 also with no problems.

Have you contacted Logitech support? If you do call them make sure that you ask to speak to someone in the USA. You will get a person in the Phillipines who will keep you on the phone and not resolve your problem.

Message 9 of 17
Scholar

My only complaint with the Logitech remote (Harmony One in my case) is that it is slower than the original remotes that it has replaced.  For some functions/devices this might not matter.   But scrolling through the guide a channel at a time or similar functions on other devices I have is slower than the original remote.  Even after reading about this issue on the Logitech forums and trying the suggested changes.  Some posts indicate that this is a known problem.

Message 10 of 17
Mentor

I've had the Harmony One for a couple of years and I love it.  It's probably a little pricey, but I had some reward zone certificates to spend at Best Buy so I splurged and got it.  I don't regret it at all.

The only button that wasn't programmed by default (at that time, it may be remedied by now) was the back button, but I easily added it to the set-up on my remote.

Message 11 of 17
Scholar

I had the same trouble with my 659.  Could not set the timings to fix it.  I now have a Harmony One and it works like it should.  It seems no matter how fast I enter the channel numbers the HOne transmits them at the correct speed for the DVR to read.  I've had a few times when the display on the HOne goes out but I remove the battery, set it back in the charging cradle and it seems to reset it (that little trick came from Harmony Support).  Other than that I love the thing.  It does seems to be too expensive but I bought it didn't I?

Message 12 of 17
Mentor

Im looking at getting the ONE when Uncle Sam sends me my check. Just wondering if anyone is using this remote with a Wii? If so, how does that work? I'm going to ask on the Logitech forums as well. Ill keep you posted.

Message 13 of 17
Master

We got a Harmony One for Christmas and it has worked great so far ,very nice not having the coffee table held siege

by 5 remotes not to mention all the buttons are lit on the One.

Message 14 of 17
Mentor

I also had a 659 and seemed to have a lot of problems with it.  Mostly reacting slow and not reacting at all.  I purchased the 700 from Circuit City for $99.95 and I am completely satisfied with it.  It works great so far.  I have had it for about 1 month, and so far, no problems.

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support