Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 23, 2010
7:02:02 PM
View profile
Repeated picture freezing

I've seen a couple posts on picture freezing. My DVR box freezes everytime it's turned on; it may stay on for a few minutes to 30 minutes but will freeze. Once I reset the box by holding down the power button it will work fine. Sometimes the power button reset doesn't work and I have to unplug the power.

Last week a tech came and I got a new DVR box; this one is crazy bad, locks up all the time and the reset puts it into some type of "hard" reset with little gears on the screen and it never comes back up.

A co-worker had a similar issue and he believes that upgrading his HDMI cable did the trick.

While I have seen several posts on freezing I haven't seen any real answers; does anyone have a solution? I'm calling AT&T again tonight.

BTW - my HDMI is to a Yamaha RXV3800 receiver then to the TV. I have a good HDMI cable, not top of the line but high middle.

I've seen a couple posts on picture freezing. My DVR box freezes everytime it's turned on; it may stay on for a few minutes to 30 minutes but will freeze. Once I reset the box by holding down the power button it will work fine. Sometimes the power button reset doesn't work and I have to unplug the power.

Last week a tech came and I got a new DVR box; this one is crazy bad, locks up all the time and the reset puts it into some type of "hard" reset with little gears on the screen and it never comes back up.

A co-worker had a similar issue and he believes that upgrading his HDMI cable did the trick.

While I have seen several posts on freezing I haven't seen any real answers; does anyone have a solution? I'm calling AT&T again tonight.

BTW - my HDMI is to a Yamaha RXV3800 receiver then to the TV. I have a good HDMI cable, not top of the line but high middle.

Repeated picture freezing

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 7:15:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm not sure I buy the HDMI cable theory since it was freezing still when I tried switching to component video.

I'm not sure I buy the HDMI cable theory since it was freezing still when I tried switching to component video.

Re: Repeated picture freezing

2 of 6 (1,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 9:48:38 PM
(0)
Guru

Can you please download uVerse Real Time and post screenshots of the IP/Profile, Bitloading, HPNA/Coax, and Error Table tabs?  That way we can get an idea of what is going on with your setup and recommend solutions to solve your issues.

Can you please download uVerse Real Time and post screenshots of the IP/Profile, Bitloading, HPNA/Coax, and Error Table tabs?  That way we can get an idea of what is going on with your setup and recommend solutions to solve your issues.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

3 of 6 (1,030 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2010 12:25:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Most likely if you went HDMI directly to the TV and optical to the receiver you would have no problems. 

The HDMI going through the receiver is not letting all the control/security signals pass both ways and is locking up the Uverse unit so a reboot is necessary. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, Press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Most likely if you went HDMI directly to the TV and optical to the receiver you would have no problems. 

The HDMI going through the receiver is not letting all the control/security signals pass both ways and is locking up the Uverse unit so a reboot is necessary. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2010 4:54:09 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by geobc on Nov 24, 2010 at 6:07:34 PM

I tried pasting the screenshots from Uverse realtime but I can't get that to work.

If you want to email me at[text removed for privacy]I can send them to you.

I tried pasting the screenshots from Uverse realtime but I can't get that to work.

If you want to email me at[text removed for privacy]I can send them to you.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2010 9:26:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Unluckily you have to go to an online image posting website, Picassa, Google, Photobucket, etc.  Post the screenshots there, then you can import the URL and insert the image (little tree on reply action bar). Smiley Wink

Chris

Unluckily you have to go to an online image posting website, Picassa, Google, Photobucket, etc.  Post the screenshots there, then you can import the URL and insert the image (little tree on reply action bar). Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (909 Views)