Remote works off and on with the U-verse box

Contributor

Remote works off and on with the U-verse box

Here's a fun problem.  Our remote works intermittently with our box.  Sometimes the remote will only work if it is touching the U-verse box.  Other times it seems to work just fine.  We changed the remote batteries.  Nothing is blocking the "eye" of the box.  We even had a new box installed.  We bought longer cables to pull the box away from the TV and other AV equipment, and this seemed to help a little.  When the TV is off we can tell the remote is working because the little light on the box flashes when we hit buttons on the remote.  Our TV is a Sharp Aquos. Could it be the TV 

My next thought is that the gateway and battery back up are right behind the wall where the TV and AV equipment is.  Maybe if we move this equipment to another room this will fix the problem.

Has anyone had this problem? 

Message 1 of 33

Re: Remote works off and on with the U-verse box

My wife has been complaining about this problem since we got all the equipment set up, she keeps trading remotes with all the other rooms in the house, but the bedroom remote just wouldn't work half of the time, so, after reading this thread I checked all the TV sets in the house (four rooms) and sure enough only the bedroom TV had the settings for the power saver feature turned on.

Now the remote in the bedroom is hitting at 100%.

Thanks.

Message 31 of 33
Contributor

thanks...... after 3 new stb's and 5 remotes and hours of hair pulling and a very puzzeld tech this worked on my Samsung LN-40A550.... was ready to crawl back to comcast

Message 32 of 33
Highlighted
Expert

I just called ts a few minutes ago because two of my remotes are becoming increasingly unresponsive.  The csr took my info and processed theorder.  My remotes are on the way.  Great customer service.  Good job ATT:smileyvery-happy:

Message 33 of 33
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support