Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 19, 2008
6:05:50 AM
View profile
Remote volume button prob - not low volume

I've got 3 tv's on u-verse. On one tv, the remote will only control the volume by one click at a time - you can't hold down the button and "slide" the volume. It worked before u-verse with the cable remote. What do I need to change?

Thanks, Jana 

I've got 3 tv's on u-verse. On one tv, the remote will only control the volume by one click at a time - you can't hold down the button and "slide" the volume. It worked before u-verse with the cable remote. What do I need to change?

Thanks, Jana 

Remote volume button prob - not low volume

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2008 6:33:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just wondering - is it controlling the TV's volume, an audio component's volume or the U-Verse's volume?

If it is controlling the TV's or audio component's volume possibly a different 'code' for that device may perform the function better. 

Just wondering - is it controlling the TV's volume, an audio component's volume or the U-Verse's volume?

If it is controlling the TV's or audio component's volume possibly a different 'code' for that device may perform the function better. 

Re: Remote volume button prob - not low volume

2 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2008 6:59:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

Qevan - Thanks for the reply.

It's controlling the u-verse volume, I suppose. The install tech set it up and I haven't changed anything. There is no other equipment on that tv and it's a stb not a dvr. I hadn't thought about trying another code. 

Qevan - Thanks for the reply.

It's controlling the u-verse volume, I suppose. The install tech set it up and I haven't changed anything. There is no other equipment on that tv and it's a stb not a dvr. I hadn't thought about trying another code. 

3 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2008 7:50:07 AM
(0)
Guru
Just raise the Uverse STB volume to the max 25, get the Uverse remote control manual out and input the codes that tells the remote to control the TV volume.
Just raise the Uverse STB volume to the max 25, get the Uverse remote control manual out and input the codes that tells the remote to control the TV volume.

4 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2008 8:39:53 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks, Nesto1! That works.
Thanks, Nesto1! That works.

5 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2008 9:50:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

Cool  That's what I was expecting. 

The tech must have been running late for a hot date or something that day to not do that for you automagically on just one TV.  :smileyhappy:

Cool  That's what I was expecting. 

The tech must have been running late for a hot date or something that day to not do that for you automagically on just one TV.  :smileyhappy:

6 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2008 6:02:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

Brand new Uverse customer.  We basically love it so far with two minor exceptions.  1)  My wife and I are not getting much sleep because we've been watching late night HD Olympics.  2)  The AT&T remote is behaving as Jana explained above.  The first situation will resolve itself, but I'd appreciate some help with the remote volume control.

We have two TVs.  The SD Sony connected through a regular STB (I think that's the correct terminology) works great.  I have a Samsung LNT4065 connected through the DVR and the remote's volume control doesn't slide the volume as it does with the original Samsung remote.  While this isn't the world's biggest problem, it does attenuate the viewing enjoyment.  With so many amplified commercials, the volume control gets used often.  My arthritic hands do not do well with multiple clicks.

I've tried some suggestions to program the DVR's volume at max and then reprogram the remote to use the TV's volume.  My guess is I am not doing something correctly because I'm not seeing any change in the behavior.  I've looked through the Samsung documentation and surfed the web, but haven't found a code specific to this model.  There are 18 Samsung codes listed in the Uverse remote document.

Before I mess something up through experimentation, does anyone have any specific advice?

Message Edited by Pocketman on 08-21-2008 06:04 AM

Brand new Uverse customer.  We basically love it so far with two minor exceptions.  1)  My wife and I are not getting much sleep because we've been watching late night HD Olympics.  2)  The AT&T remote is behaving as Jana explained above.  The first situation will resolve itself, but I'd appreciate some help with the remote volume control.

We have two TVs.  The SD Sony connected through a regular STB (I think that's the correct terminology) works great.  I have a Samsung LNT4065 connected through the DVR and the remote's volume control doesn't slide the volume as it does with the original Samsung remote.  While this isn't the world's biggest problem, it does attenuate the viewing enjoyment.  With so many amplified commercials, the volume control gets used often.  My arthritic hands do not do well with multiple clicks.

I've tried some suggestions to program the DVR's volume at max and then reprogram the remote to use the TV's volume.  My guess is I am not doing something correctly because I'm not seeing any change in the behavior.  I've looked through the Samsung documentation and surfed the web, but haven't found a code specific to this model.  There are 18 Samsung codes listed in the Uverse remote document.

Before I mess something up through experimentation, does anyone have any specific advice?

Message Edited by Pocketman on 08-21-2008 06:04 AM

7 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2008 8:50:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Why don't you try calling tech support and getting help there.  They may have more options for you to try. 
Message Edited by RCSMG on 08-21-2008 08:59 AM
Why don't you try calling tech support and getting help there.  They may have more options for you to try. 
Message Edited by RCSMG on 08-21-2008 08:59 AM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2008 4:39:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
In the Uverse remote control manual I found a distinct code for Samsung HDTV (1019).  Following the directions I reprogrammed the remote using the new code and the volume control now works as expected.  Although it seems intimidating, the instructions are fairly straight forward.

:smileyhappy:

In the Uverse remote control manual I found a distinct code for Samsung HDTV (1019).  Following the directions I reprogrammed the remote using the new code and the volume control now works as expected.  Although it seems intimidating, the instructions are fairly straight forward.

:smileyhappy:

9 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2008 3:05:43 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have this problems as well. I was wondering if anyone has found a code that will work for newer samsung TV's. The problem incurred is 1=I have to repetedly press the volume button up or down to have the volume change, and 2= I am not able to use the input option on my remote to change from different inputs. I know the problem is not having the right code for the remote but after extensive research I have not been able to find the codes anywhere. If there is anyone out there that would help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you!
I have this problems as well. I was wondering if anyone has found a code that will work for newer samsung TV's. The problem incurred is 1=I have to repetedly press the volume button up or down to have the volume change, and 2= I am not able to use the input option on my remote to change from different inputs. I know the problem is not having the right code for the remote but after extensive research I have not been able to find the codes anywhere. If there is anyone out there that would help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

10 of 17 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2008 4:22:13 PM
(0)
Master

sbennitt wrote:

may i suggest a harmony ??  (brand remote)

a thought

randy

sbennitt wrote:

may i suggest a harmony ??  (brand remote)

a thought

randy

11 of 17 (877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2008 11:24:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah a harmony remote is one way to go, but if the remote for AT&T would work the way it should, I wouldn't have to worry about spending 300 for a remote. I have dealt with cox cable, dish, and direct TV. They all have the new code for the newer model samsungs. All it is, is the wrong code, that is why I am only able to use volume one hit at a time, and am not able to use the TV/Video input but.

Yeah a harmony remote is one way to go, but if the remote for AT&T would work the way it should, I wouldn't have to worry about spending 300 for a remote. I have dealt with cox cable, dish, and direct TV. They all have the new code for the newer model samsungs. All it is, is the wrong code, that is why I am only able to use volume one hit at a time, and am not able to use the TV/Video input but.

12 of 17 (877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2008 1:00:07 PM
(0)
Teacher
The at&t remote works fine with my LN40A650 which is a model that is about 6 months old that I've owned for about a month.
The at&t remote works fine with my LN40A650 which is a model that is about 6 months old that I've owned for about a month.

13 of 17 (877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2008 1:02:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

I know I have a ln52a850 which is basically the same series. What was the code you used, and does it operate your volume by holding it down for a while like the factory remote, and also can you change your inputs by pressing the TV/video button.

I know I have a ln52a850 which is basically the same series. What was the code you used, and does it operate your volume by holding it down for a while like the factory remote, and also can you change your inputs by pressing the TV/video button.

14 of 17 (877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2008 1:13:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

sbennitt wrote:

Sorry I didn't read this first... I had the same issue controlling the volume on the T.V., but it works fine with my AV receiver for volume control and turns the T.V. off and on.  I don't know which code it is as I used the auto programming function to program the remote.

sbennitt wrote:

Sorry I didn't read this first... I had the same issue controlling the volume on the T.V., but it works fine with my AV receiver for volume control and turns the T.V. off and on.  I don't know which code it is as I used the auto programming function to program the remote.

15 of 17 (877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2009 8:02:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just had Uverse TV installed.  Remote volume and TV/video buttons not working correctly.  I have Samsung DLP TV.

I tried reprogramming remote TV button with code 1019.  Remote works better with TV, volume and TV/video buttons now work.

I just had Uverse TV installed.  Remote volume and TV/video buttons not working correctly.  I have Samsung DLP TV.

I tried reprogramming remote TV button with code 1019.  Remote works better with TV, volume and TV/video buttons now work.

16 of 17 (877 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2010 9:31:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

Code 1019 did the trick.  I too was straddled with repeatedly pushing the volume button up or down and now it slides as it should!  Thanks ride525!

Code 1019 did the trick.  I too was straddled with repeatedly pushing the volume button up or down and now it slides as it should!  Thanks ride525!

17 of 17 (877 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments