Remote programming

Highlighted
Contributor

Remote programming

Wanted to let everyone know something.  I recently had a second receiver installed and the brand of TV that was connected is a Proscan.  The installer was not able to find a code, so he told me that I would have to use the TV remote to power on and off, but the Uverse remote would work to change channels, etc.  He also told me that I could search the internet to possibly find the right code to use.  When I Googled for Proscan TV's, I was directed to the RCA webpage.  Proscan is apparently a subsidiary of RCA.  I was able to program the remote using the RCA codes.  Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else has a Proscan TV.

Message 1 of 2 (907 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Remote programming

Good for you.  Usually when someone asks about a non-brand name TV, suggestions are to look at info plate on the TV that will usually identify the actual manufacturer and search online for that info or codes. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (907 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.