Remote control with my Uverse network

Contributor

Remote control with my Uverse network

I am sure this is more of a networking question... But it relates to UVERSE a little.  I only have the equipment that was provided me by ATT.  Previously, I had a router in a modem -- so I was able to log in to the router and modify settings so that I could remotely control machines within my network "outside the firewall... And inside of course."

On my Uverse network, I have an Ip on my Windows XP box and an IP on my iPAD... Yet I cannot ping my XP box.  Is there something that I need to do?  Log in to the device they provided?

Your help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (1,742 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Remote control with my Uverse network

Don't know if unchecking this 'block ping' will do it: http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=A_0_0  (can't use a direct link for this)

Choose Settings>Firewall>Advanced Configuration  You'll need the password on the RG sticker, make sure you Save at the bottom.  If that doesn't do it, reblock pings the same way.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (1,742 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.